Speed Pre-Order

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Lots of good footage. The video loops a few times in the beginning. Speed is also going to begin a pit program similar to BFG for any Speed UTVs. Pits will also have spare parts reducing the need for chase vehicles to carry as many spares.

I hope these are going to be all that as I'll definitely be purchasing one in the future.

Bricoop

Reaction
If they pull this off it will be incredibly impressive. Nothing stacks up to this in the industry, especially around safety. I hope RG didn't get over his ski tips on the first run with all the bells and whistles.

The decisions made in design to assist with manufacturing process are damn impressive.

I think they've sold somewhere north of 7K units. Assuming a $30K average price (conservative) that's $210,000,000 in sales. That's absolutely wild to think about.

norutah

Reaction
If they pull this off it will be incredibly impressive. Nothing stacks up to this in the industry, especially around safety. I hope RG didn't get over his ski tips on the first run with all the bells and whistles.

The decisions made in design to assist with manufacturing process are damn impressive.

I think they've sold somewhere north of 7K units. Assuming a $30K average price (conservative) that's $210,000,000 in sales. That's absolutely wild to think about.
I'm sure it will come with some hiccups but I'm certain I will not need to make the countless upgrades that I did to my X3. Suspension arms out of the box--every bit as nice as my S3; shocks should be right on post with my UTV reworked Fox's; doesn't look like it will need 5 different gusset kits. I still like my X3 but dollar per dollar I believe this will be superior

NIKAL

Reaction

On top of the vehicle price you then have the accessory price. These accessory’s are luxury items, not necessity items. I’m in for a couple of grand. Two of my neighbors bought RG models and still bought $8-10K in accessories. I’m sure they are not alone either as a few other people who ordered cars told me they had spent more then me on accessories.

Bricoop

Reaction
On top of the vehicle price you then have the accessory price. These accessory’s are luxury items, not necessity items. I’m in for a couple of grand. Two of my neighbors bought RG models and still bought $8-10K in accessories. I’m sure they are not alone either as a few other people who ordered cars told me they had spent more then me on accessories.
They haven't missed a beat. Clearly Todd knows this model too well. The fact that they will install and prewire accesories on the factory line is a huge selling point and gives them a huge advantage over traditional models.

norutah

Reaction
I ordered the RG and I think add-ons for me will be limited to a windshield, seat air cushions, 12 month warranty (I already ordered the speed key), and possibly chasse light. I'm not convinced even their upgraded light bars are not $79 bars jacked up to $1200. If you zoom in on the 12" the finish looks like eBay junk. Oh, and I'll get the heater. I'm still on the fence about upgrading to a sealed cab car and that of course negates the need for windshield and heater. It would be nice to have it delivered with paddles but I think I'll let the pros determine the best set up for it before I pull the trigger

Total Loss

Reaction
Alex has an opinion we should respect...he has been a gentleman over the years helping develop the XX with limited help from Textron/AC and has helped me along the way.
But he is a big boy- don't need to defend him...just sayin...

afortune46

Reaction
Fwiw the XX delay was caused due to an axle failure rate due to the patented dual plunge setup (not the acquisition) - something they couldn't overcome on the 100k speedcats until they bolted the axle cups together through the transaxles. Ask Todd and Robby about the Durhamtown sink or swim test they were given after the acquisition.

The new anticipated date for the cars promised in november will be march at the earliest - Robbys words to multiple people at SSSS not my own.

Ill keep my remarks from here on out to myself so I don't hurt feelings. Wish you all luck with these cars.

McCredie A

Reaction
Based off the testing pics and videos the race car seems to work well. I guess it is a blend of production and race. The car looks like it will be the one to beat if the productions cars handle the same. I would love to see them succeed and wish them the best. Based off what I see I do not think cars will be here by Thanksgiving. I hope they do an adequate amount of testing to get the car to be the best it can be. Even if that means pushing back the delivery dates.

I am excited to see how it shakes down. What is everyone's thoughts?

norutah

Reaction
Based off the testing pics and videos the race car seems to work well. I guess it is a blend of production and race. The car looks like it will be the one to beat if the productions cars handle the same. I would love to see them succeed and wish them the best. Based off what I see I do not think cars will be here by Thanksgiving. I hope they do an adequate amount of testing to get the car to be the best it can be. Even if that means pushing back the delivery dates.

I am excited to see how it shakes down. What is everyone's thoughts?
My initial delivery date was November and is now February. I do not expect to see my car before end of March. I am fine waiting for them to perfect it. Luckily my x3 hasn't sold yet or I might feel differently

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
My initial delivery date was November and is now February. I do not expect to see my car before end of March. I am fine waiting for them to perfect it. Luckily my x3 hasn't sold yet or I might feel differently
What Master Number and Model are you?

NIKAL

Reaction
#1378 El Diablo RG edition. El Diablo #101
Not sure who told you Master #1378 would be delivered in November? Maybe miscommunication? I’m 1016 and was told end of Feb or early March when I closed. The original plan was Robby wanted the first 100 sold at the San Show to be released over the Thanksgiving holiday. If all goes as scheduled the first 10 fully preproduction cars were to roll off the assembly line in the next 10 days so those can be tested, but I don’t expect that to happen.

I suspect we will not see cars off the assembly line until until the end of Dec. and that’s if the suppliers can meet their dates. Then I’d expect them to slowly ramp up to the 40 cars a day production goal. If they did 15-20 cars a day off the line in the first month of production I’d be very impressed. The factory is very well prepared and has been producing UTV’s for years, but this UTV is clearly more advanced then what they are currently assembling. But then again a part is a part and a bolt is a bolt.

Like you I’m in no hurry, and a few months later then hoped for is no big deal. Rather have it right then sitting in the garage waiting for a fix.

norutah

Reaction
Not sure who told you Master #1378 would be delivered in November? Maybe miscommunication? I’m 1016 and was told end of Feb or early March when I closed. The original plan was Robby wanted the first 100 sold at the San Show to be released over the Thanksgiving holiday. If all goes as scheduled the first 10 fully preproduction cars were to roll off the assembly line in the next 10 days so those can be tested, but I don’t expect that to happen.

I suspect we will not see cars off the assembly line until until the end of Dec. and that’s if the suppliers can meet their dates. Then I’d expect them to slowly ramp up to the 40 cars a day production goal. If they did 15-20 cars a day off the line in the first month of production I’d be very impressed. The factory is very well prepared and has been producing UTV’s for years, but this UTV is clearly more advanced then what they are currently assembling. But then again a part is a part and a bolt is a bolt.

Like you I’m in no hurry, and a few months later then hoped for is no big deal. Rather have it right then sitting in the garage waiting for a fix.
Ginger did, in the "thanks for $4k email", what car are you waiting on?

NIKAL

Reaction
Ginger did, in the "thanks for $4k email", what car are you waiting on?
4 seat El Jefe. I was originally told I’d be mid to end Jan, then when I closed I was told it would probably be closer to end Feb, early Mar.

norutah

Reaction
4 seat El Jefe. I was originally told I’d be mid to end Jan, then when I closed I was told it would probably be closer to end Feb, early Mar.
Not sure who you spoke with or why we received such different information regarding delivery but like I said before, the longer it takes the better it will be. I'm actually considering pushing out for the sealed cab and I'm sure that will add a great deal of time

NIKAL

Reaction
I’ve spoke with Robby, who’s always optimistic, I’ve spoke with Todd who’s more cautious, and then when I did my close I spoke with Conner. Maybe when Ginger spoke to you what she meant to say was deliveries would start in November as that was the original . There is no way even in the best of situations they could produce over 1000 units a month, and that’s if you had the whole month. They were not going to actually start until mid Nov, which was why Robby’s goal was to deliver the first 100 by Thanksgiving weekend.

Have you done your consultation, ordered your accessories and closed your order?

You mentioned maybe pushing your order out? I know someone who did that very thing. They were in the 500’s and asked to be pushed out.

norutah

Reaction
I’ve spoke with Robby, who’s always optimistic, I’ve spoke with Todd who’s more cautious, and then when I did my close I spoke with Conner. Maybe when Ginger spoke to you what she meant to say was deliveries would start in November as that was the original . There is no way even in the best of situations they could produce over 1000 units a month, and that’s if you had the whole month. They were not going to actually start until mid Nov, which was why Robby’s goal was to deliver the first 100 by Thanksgiving weekend.

Have you done your consultation, ordered your accessories and closed your order?

You mentioned maybe pushing your order out? I know someone who did that very thing. They were in the 500’s and asked to be pushed out.
This is from my order confirmation email:
"The expected delivery time frame is around November or December"
I have not been contacted to choose my options. I was able to snag the speed key while it was up on their web store though .
I'm still undecided about the sealed cab. If my x3 sells I'll want open cab, if it doesn't sell I'll want closed cab.

McCredie A

Reaction
Did anyone opt for the dual fuel tank? Seems like a cool option!