Speed Pre-Order

Spectator337

RDC Crypto
Far better than the travel lodge in El Cajon a couple of weeks ago. Full of tweakers and low lives. The clerk said it’s $250 per night, the rooms aren’t very good. Are you sure you want to stay here? I told her I would look elsewhere. What a poop hole
I’m lost. What would deter you from a 5 star like that!??? 😳🤣

Advertising supports this site

the_owl

RDC Crypto
Far better than the travel lodge in El Cajon a couple of weeks ago. Full of tweakers and low lives. The clerk said it’s $250 per night, the rooms aren’t very good. Are you sure you want to stay here? I told her I would look elsewhere. What a poop hole
Then theres MOAB since uncle Joey and Covid. Holy cow its cheaper for us to pull the 43ft 5er through two states than get a flea ridden motel room

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Robby did a few more live videos from the factory. First was the fabrication shop, pretty impressive. It was impressive to see all the welding stations and the robots doing their thing. Then he showed the suspension being fixtured and welded. He mentioned how all the Chromoly plate was stamped vs laser cut. The stamp was super clean with no distortion, or metal rolled edges. He said they can stamp 3 sheets at a time. This is way faster then laser and no heat was transferred to the plate. Even the keyways are clean with being stamped out. Robby also showed all the inner webbing and structure put inside the arms.

The next was a shorter video from the engine side and how they machined the improved seal seat, and seal retainers in the engine side cover. Very high quality and something you don’t normally see, especially in a UTV.

Say what you want, but Robby is not cutting corners or being forced or rushed to get this out. He’s doing it right the first time. That will pay off huge in the long term.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Are Robbys videos available on YouTube?
Yes the regular weekly shows are on Speed UTV YouTube. But as of late with him being in China and throughout Asia for the past couple of months, Robby has done lots of Instagram live videos, which he saves to his page. Todd Romano did a few videos which o think will be on the a YouTube or Speeds Facebook. You don’t need to be signed on Facebook to see them.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Nice video of the facilty. As long as he can make sure they don't short cut anything this is a great place to manufacture.
Yes I think allot of people underestimated or questioned who Robby & Todd had contracted with to build part of, and assemble the Speed UTV. If you watch Robbys on site videos he’s been doing, you can see allot of what you saw in that video. I love that Robby has taken us in with his live IG videos to see this all happening. It’s pretty awesome!

Spectator337

RDC Crypto
I’m guessing, I’m not a businessman, but the Hinson route made the most financial sense, and as the last few pages show, I’m sure he kept that as quiet as he could without lying, and now that production ahas supposedly started, he can’t ‘hide’ or shy away from who’s building them or where they’re being built. That life in this cut throat world of manufacturing now, it is what it is, but this round what RG says goes! No bean counters in the office are going to put their twist on it.
Here’s a simple question, for weeks now he’s been saying production has started, where are they???

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
I’m guessing, I’m not a businessman, but the Hinson route made the most financial sense, and as the last few pages show, I’m sure he kept that as quiet as he could without lying, and now that production ahas supposedly started, he can’t ‘hide’ or shy away from who’s building them or where they’re being built. That life in this cut throat world of manufacturing now, it is what it is, but this round what RG says goes! No bean counters in the office are going to put their twist on it.
Here’s a simple question, for weeks now he’s been saying production has started, where are they???
Go to YouTube or Instagram and you will see the production for yourself.

apseagle

RDC Crypto
China can, and in many cases, does build very high quality products. It all depends on what the customer specs out and what they are willing to pay for it. If you want a part built to a cheap budget, you get cheap crap. If you are willing to pay the price (which is still cheaper than building most other places) you can get very good stuff. I think the RG crew needed to make this move in order to get the quality, and features that they designed at a price that we could afford to buy. I would love to see them fully made here, but I also want to be able to afford to buy one some day. As long as he stays on top of his QC and specs the parts to his standard (which I assume are pretty high), there will be no issues with the parts.

Spectator337

RDC Crypto
I know that Yamahas Raptor 90 motors (or use to be) Kymco motors.
Some of those cheap pit bikes they build I like to call 1 tankers, good for a tank of gas and throw it out, but that’s probably their ‘spec’ and all they can do for the money they’re allotted to build the bike.
I’m guessing RG is not going to cheap out, and I’ll also guess next model year the prices will sky rocket, especially if it’s a success.
I can’t afford a Speed utv anyway, but when they come out, and everyone that said they’ll never see them, moves on to ripping apart every weld, gap, flaw, I’ll bet money I can show you the same or worse on the 2020 900 RZR that’s sitting in my shop.
I’d love a 60” Bandit! It’s different in the northwoods of Wisconsin, the 900 is a 50”, which I love, but how much Useable travel can you get out of it? It’ll rattle your fillings out, and you have all you can do to hang on to it when you mat it. I think they handle terrible. Hence the 60” Bandit, which they may not even offer. I’m afraid to look, as it’s way to easy to sign your name and take it home!
On the width in Wi, they allow wider then 60”, I don’t remember the exact legal width, but these are tight wooded 1 line trails with bridges originally built for 4 wheelers. You get a couple 70” coming at you around a blind corner, and you have a 70”, something is going to get bent!