Speed Pre-Order

NIKAL

Reaction
Well after last nights show I’m more confident then ever we will see the best car Speed UTV can make, and Robby knows and said; I have one shot at this! But with that said I agree with others that we will not see production start until after the 1st of the year.

That does not mean I could not still see my car by early March, with two production lines possibly running, but clearly Robby & Todd have set aside any date goals, and would rather make a better car, then a meet a date. Robby even offer those who might not be happy having to wait a bit longer, he said call the shop and they would refund your money if waiting a bit longer is going to be an issue for you. They want everyone to be happy with their decision, and if a buyer is unhappy with having to wait a little longer then hoped for. They would make it right and refund their money so they could buy something else.

But he did say come Dec, all cars go to full price.

drofmij

Reaction
Well after last nights show I’m more confident then ever we will see the best car Speed UTV can make, and Robby knows and said; I have one shot at this! But with that said I agree with others that we will not see production start until after the 1st of the year.

That does not mean I could not still see my car by early March, with two production lines possibly running, but clearly Robby & Todd have set aside any date goals, and would rather make a better car, then a meet a date. Robby even offer those who might not be happy having to wait a bit longer, he said call the shop and they would refund your money if waiting a bit longer is going to be an issue for you. They want everyone to be happy with their decision, and if a buyer is unhappy with having to wait a little longer then hoped for. They would make it right and refund their money so they could buy something else.

But he did say come Dec, all cars go to full price.

Yes, full price dec 1

NIKAL

Reaction
Speed UTV just sent out a reminder that Nov 30th is the last day to pre order a Speed UTV at the discounted price and that includes the Speed Key for $1.

Come Dec 1st, all models are MSRP and the Speed Key will be purchased as an accessory. Not sure of the price, but I think it was said to be $1,500?

But Im also suspecting we will not see customer production cars delivered until late Feb or Early March. This is just my assumption and not something that was confirmed. But Robby is Hell Bent on delivering the best car and he said “We can’t deliver a car that will have issues. It’s got to be right!”

43mod

Reaction
Will a speed key work on a car it was not assigned to ? If yes mine can be had. I am looking to run up thousands of baja miles and 225 hp should be plenty for that.

McCredie A

Reaction
A few shows back RG mentioned the first units will be registered as a a 2022. I am not sure if that indicates an expected arrival time.

I am excited to see one and hope the best for them!

43mod

Reaction
Net 90 . Sounds like bs to me . These guys are far more likely to be net right now

NIKAL

Reaction
A few shows back RG mentioned the first units will be registered as a a 2022. I am not sure if that indicates an expected arrival time.

I am excited to see one and hope the best for them!
Typically the following year models come out in Sept-Oct. my guess is it’s going to be better to register the first releases as 2022 because if not they will have some cars as 2021 & some as 2022. Each year you have to re-apply with CARB & EPA. It’s not that hard if nothing changes between model years. But this way the first round of CARB will cover a longer time. This is purely a guess? But would make sense as I’m hearing the first rounds are expected in April & May. At 10K units scheduled to be built at 80 cars a day, if they get both production lines running at full capacity. That’s 5 1/2 months to just deliver what’s currently on the books.

pyrocoyote1

Reaction
good article on the speed utv a few mistakes but cool read.

Buellracer

Reaction
I did the 2019 Mexican 1000 in my XX. This April for the 2021 event we have put together a support group. Anyone who wants to join check it out and contact me. We still have a few spots left. Thanks, Dick Master unit 220 El Diablo RG
This is the plan!
2021 NORRA Mexican 1000

1. Provide support for Speed UTV’s for the 2021 Mexican 1000
A. Transport spares that can be purchased on a first come as needed basis.
B. Provide hand tools, special tools, welders, equipment, and technical advice during the event.
C. Track everyone’s race vehicle and chase vehicle and provide communication link to entire race team.
D. Provide emergency sweep on a first come basis. (Planning 1 sweep per 3-4 cars)
E. Provide advice on accommodations and fuel for the event.
2. What each race team needs to provide.
A. Speed UTV prepared to NORRA rules for the race. We can help with advice to meet the rules.
B. Race radio and either Lowrance or Lead Nav in the Race vehicle.
C. A chase truck and trailer with at least 1 driver. For an additional fee ( around $1500-2000 depending on air fares) we can provide a driver to pull your trailer during the race. (Meet in San Diego and cross the border in a group)
1. We race with two teams of Driver/ Navigator so we share expenses and the team not racing drives the chase truck to the gas spot and team change over.
2. You can race with only one team but someone needs to drive your chase truck and trailer.
D. A Garmin Inreach devise for both your race vehicle and chase vehicle. (You don’t need a subscription, as they will be added to our master subscription).
E. Lowrance and radio in the chase truck.
F. $3000.00 to Idaho Off road Racers for your share of support / communications team expenses.
G. Your entry to race approx. $3067.00 to NORRA.
H. Your own rooms (multiple options $3-500 or ? per person).
1. We can refer you to booking agents and give you a link to NORRAs hotel list.
I. Your own fuel. (You can contract through Mag 7 to provide or have your chase crew do it) We can give you the options.
J. Food for your team. (On the nights NORRA doesn’t provide we will have a grill set up and we have a large fridge in the “Mother ship”)
K. Charge card and authorization for replacement parts if needed during race.
3. General Plan.
A. Support six teams for the event. "First come first served"
1. Real time tracking and communication for all race, chase and sweep vehicles.
2. Sweep truck and trailer with emergency tools, tires, and gas for every 3-4 competitors.
3. “Mother ship” and enclosed trailer for tool, welders, compressor, spares.
B. Take a non refundable (transfer OK) $3000.00 deposit to cover your share of the expenses ( see 2.F above) on a first come basis.
C. Teams should budget $8-12 thousand for this event.
D. Meet in San Diego the day before tech opens in the AM Thursday April 23, 2021. Cross the border and check into hotel
E. Friday and Saturday Tech, registration etc.
F. Sunday 4-25 to Thursday 4-29. 2021 Five days of racing down the peninsula to Cabo
G. Friday April 30 Awards ceremony.
H. Saturday and Sunday relax in Cabo.
I. Monday caravan back to US 2-3 days as we feel like it.
J. Everyone is free to tag along or head straight back after the race.
K. More info go to NORRA site: https://www.norra.com/mexican1000_info.php#hotels
L. Call Dick Rockrohr 208-867-6943
buellracer1@yahoo.com
Idaho Off Road Racers IDORR
We are going to postpone this idea till 2022. I don't think very many cars will be delivered in time. I will repost this in the fall for all who are interested. Everyone in the intial batch should have their cars by then. Thanks, Dick

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
We are going to postpone this idea till 2022. I don't think very many cars will be delivered in time. I will repost this in the fall for all who are interested. Everyone in the intial batch should have their cars by then. Thanks, Dick
Keep us posted.

I will have an El Jefe that I would like to enter into NORRA (once I have it) and I will be a first-timer to NORRA so any help is appreciated.

pyrocoyote1

Reaction
All of you with speed UTV preorders what accessories have you ordered or will you put on your speed UTV? What accessories are the the most important in your opinion?

NIKAL

Reaction
All of you with speed UTV preorders what accessories have you ordered or will you put on your speed UTV? What accessories are the the most important in your opinion?
If you are considering a windshield you might want to order it with your car. A few shows back Todd Romano talk about the cost of shipping windshields. He said they have worked out the costs of packaging, shipping & insurance and it’s going to add a couple hundred dollars to the cost of the windshield. But if you order it with you car, the factory will install it and you won’t have any other shipping or delivery costs besides the actual windshield cost. This goes for any accessories, even if not installed. If ordered with the car you don’t pay any mark ups or shipping fees.

Other accessories I’d look at ordering are the seat heaters. At $100 ea installed, that’s a no brainer. Spare tire & wheel and storage box are a couple other good large accessories to get and will be mounted at delivery.

I know a few guys who want this to be fully turn key. They are ordering RG editions with radios, window nets, all the basic accessories and are even ordering helmet pumpers, lights etc.. as they want everything done and wired from the factory. Per Speed UTV the wiring harness will have accessories pigtails at all the accessory points, so it should not be hard to install later.

Robin Hood

Reaction
I only ordered the large stuff, that I don't want to pay to have shipped later on and the rear veiw mirror so I can drive it when it arrives. Everything else, I want to see what the feedback is before I buy it. I don't mind installing my own stuff so that doesn't matter to me.

norutah

Reaction
From speed I ordered a windshield; kicker stereo; crescent bed box; seat heaters; seat air cushions; break in kit; speed key; and 12 month warranty. From other manufacturers I ordered assault nighthawk mirrors; baja designs RTLB and interior light; switch pros SP9100; infinite off-road whips/rock lights/controller. I'm on the fence about a sealed cab because they do not know if it's going to cost $6k or $10k. If I get it I'll be credited $1k for the windshield but I'm not sure if I'll get a credit on the window nets since they were included. I was going to order the molded paddles and KMC wheels but I'd like to see them tested first.
My thoughts on speed light bars? If I'm going to run a Chinese light bar in going to order it from eBay for $100 not $1200.
Also, It's nice not buying a pile of gusset kits this thing around.