Speed Pre-Order

norutah

Reaction
From speed I ordered a windshield; kicker stereo; crescent bed box; seat heaters; seat air cushions; break in kit; speed key; and 12 month warranty. From other manufacturers I ordered assault nighthawk mirrors; baja designs RTLB and interior light; switch pros SP9100; infinite off-road whips/rock lights/controller. I'm on the fence about a sealed cab because they do not know if it's going to cost $6k or $10k. If I get it I'll be credited $1k for the windshield but I'm not sure if I'll get a credit on the window nets since they were included. I was going to order the molded paddles and KMC wheels but I'd like to see them tested first.
My thoughts on speed light bars? If I'm going to run a Chinese light bar in going to order it from eBay for $100 not $1200.
Also, It's nice not buying a pile of gusset kits this thing around.
Add alpha bass head sets to the list of parts ordered from other manufacturers

Total Loss

Reaction
Hope I run into that thing in Baja next week.
Any ETA on first deliveries? Sounds like only minor adjustments now for production.

sand shark

Reaction
Hope I run into that thing in Baja next week.
Any ETA on first deliveries? Sounds like only minor adjustments now for production.

You should see it down there. He said in one of the videos or might of been the presentation they are brining it to San Felipe to do some testing and pre-running. I want to see how the El Jeffe handles the whoops in San Felipe.

No ETA on first deliveries.

Total Loss

Reaction
You should see it down there. He said in one of the videos or might of been the presentation they are brining it to San Felipe to do some testing and pre-running. I want to see how the El Jeffe handles the whoops in San Felipe.

No ETA on first deliveries.
You going to SF?

Total Loss

Reaction
I will not be there. Someday I would like to go down there for the race. I will be playing around in the Barstow and Stateline area that weekend.
No SxS for me this trip...bike only.
Oldschoolin it...and bud is bringing a standup ski for some water fun. Travelling light...been a few years for me.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
that UTV looks sick ..

sand shark

Reaction
So what is the ETA on the first 250 cars making it to the owners? Seems RG and company have not been posting much testing since coming back from San Felipe.

norutah

Reaction
I'm just as anxious as all other customers and like many have said before, I do not mind waiting for them to get it right. Robby and company have been pretty excited to share when they get production parts. What are some production items we have not seen?
Dash; gauge cluster; passenger gauge cluster; steering wheel; ECU; headlights/taillights; bed/doors/hood/fenders/bedsides/tailgate/ interior door panels; driveshaft; axles (possibly shared with the XX?); haven't seen or heard of the trans shifting L-H-OD; seat sliders; intercooler; radiator; please add or remove if you think of parts that have or have not been seen or will be shared with the XX. Yes I have one on order/no I'm not a hater. I just want a realistic date to aim for. If it's next February tell me that and I'll gladly wait. I'm just concerned about the parts we haven't seen. We were waiting on clutches and that was all that was talked about then without receiving clutches we were talking about the accessory harness being in the engineering stage.

mspina

Reaction
I've always loved this idea but as dates get pushed and clarity on progress fades, I think it's getting to a point of no return for Robby. I know he believes in doing this the right way and I know he has the mind and talent to do it, but maybe he just came out of the gates with media and hype too fast. He obviously has that 4-seater done and I believe the videos or 1-2 of his 2-seater but as far as mass production, I don't know that we've really seen anything. His video updates show the suspension geometry, Engine/turbo design, even wheel, and tire combos, but it's to a point now where he needs to show how he is going to get each model from the single working prototype to whatever his first roll out benchmark was, say 1,000 units +/-

43mod

Reaction
I would be happy to get 10 min video of meat and potatoes info . 50 min of bs every week got old 8 months ago . The one thing they could say that would make
Me feel good is “ if we have a fundamental flaw we shall make it right “ . IE Xx steering mount and axles . Piss poor straight from the factory . It does look like they flog it pretty hard so any weak parts will show up . Check cut and awaiting delivery date 😅

NIKAL

Reaction
So this was from Todd Romano a few weeks ago on the Speed Facebook group. This is talking about the first 10 full production test cars.

F770289F-F11E-49AA-BEA4-5CD2A77CE268.jpeg

So depending on your model, master # and what production run you are in? I’d think late August or September should be a good guess, as long as some global shortage does not hit them between now & then.

norutah

Reaction
I saw a few more videos of the 2nd prototype production clutches and they're beautiful but it reminded me of something else I haven't seen. Added to the end of the list.
Dash; gauge cluster; passenger gauge cluster; steering wheel; ECU; headlights/taillights; bed/doors/hood/fenders/bedsides/tailgate/ interior door panels; driveshaft; axles (possibly shared with the XX?); haven't seen or heard of the trans shifting L-H-OD; seat sliders; intercooler; radiator; clutch cover;

NIKAL

Reaction
I saw a few more videos of the 2nd prototype production clutches and they're beautiful but it reminded me of something else I haven't seen. Added to the end of the list.
Dash; gauge cluster; passenger gauge cluster; steering wheel; ECU; headlights/taillights; bed/doors/hood/fenders/bedsides/tailgate/ interior door panels; driveshaft; axles (possibly shared with the XX?); haven't seen or heard of the trans shifting L-H-OD; seat sliders; intercooler; radiator; clutch cover;

Give it a few weeks and I think you will see more of what your asking. Most of what your asking to see is cosmetic. While important and will really make this feel like it’s complete vehicle. The body plastics are not really something that needs development and a lot of testing. His manufacturing partner has been doing this since the mid 80’s. I do hope the stock headlights are LED? I have not seen anything to say what they are? But being that the other grill lights are LED, I’d assume the headlight would be too. But I don’t know?

Gauge cluster is a tablet mounted in the dash. China has been making Samsung $45 tablets for years. I’m not to worried they will not be able to produce gauge panels.

As far as radiators, intercoolers, those were all built by Ron Davis for development. Production will just duplicate what they tested and will be made in China, just like everyone else’s radiators. Axles, while the production numbers will be greater, it’s the same thing Robby designed and has been building for the XX performance side, and they have 1000’s of miles on them just racing in Dakar with zero failures even before the Speed UTV was created.

Regarding the trans. Just the fact that Albins designed it and Weddle consulted as they know all brands weaknesses makes me confident it’s going to be solid. We did get to see some production assembled trans and gear stacks. Plus it’s been said they have been dyno testing the trans for 1000’s of miles putting it through all the paces. That’s what’s cool by using these amazing partners and then having a manufacture partner will all this cool tooling.

Have you seen the robot welders they are using just to make the chassis? 55 fab & welding stations just to build the chassis and they will do 40 a day. The welds are amazing for production and nothing like we have seen on a UTV.

Now what I would like and wish we saw was testing the actual production CVT cover and production ducting from the number plates to the CVT. Not a plastic cover with fan. While they have tested the heck out of the clutching. In my mind the numbers are skewed if you are not testing the full package. But the complete package will be on these 10 cars being assembled for final testing. I hope it test perfect and does not cause an issue or delay. But if it does I’d rather have them fix it now, and deliver a car that I new have to deal with design issues and problems.

The good news is Robby and Todd are committed to releasing the very best UTV they can. Both know an issue or failure right out of the box is not acceptable, and the brand can’t afford that. I believe because of this attitude we will not see the issues the other manufactures have faced with their new releases.