Speed Pre-Order

norutah

Reaction
@NIKAL I agree, get it right the first time and yes, the welds for production suspension and chassis are quite impressive. I'm not overly concerned with can they make the parts we haven't seen. More concerned with suppliers delivering the quantities necessary to keep up with production schedules and what quality control looks like after they've knocked out several thousand Chinese radiators etc.

NIKAL

Reaction
@NIKAL I agree, get it right the first time and yes, the welds for production suspension and chassis are quite impressive. I'm not overly concerned with can they make the parts we haven't seen. More concerned with suppliers delivering the quantities necessary to keep up with production schedules and what quality control looks like after they've knocked out several thousand Chinese radiators etc.
Only time will tell. I would expect QC to continue for all parts even at 1000 -10,000 units later. The good news is assembly is right here in the USA, (Texas) So its so much easier to have boots on the ground or have your own staff on site overseeing parts and lots as they come in. Also not everything is China built. Overheard allot of parts are being built here in the USA and other Counties other then China. But China has good quality and they have bad quality. It’s all about how much you want to spend and who you partner with.

It would not surprise me if some suppliers have issues meeting demand. All industries are struggling to get materials right now. It’s a global supply issues. We see people right here in the USA that don’t want to go back to work, as they would rather collect Gov checks. The trucking and transportation industry is struggling to find drivers. So even when factory’s build a product they can’t deliver. The auto industry can’t get Simi conductors, the RV industry has a shortage of spray foam. We are hearing about a rubber shortage, steel and wood prices are insane! Restaurants are opening but they can’t find workers.

The haters are just waiting for Speed to have a supply delay, so we will hear “Oh we knew it would never get built, its to good to be true, this was all a lie, bla bla bla!” Haters are just jealous or sad they can’t have it. Just ignore them!

sand shark

Reaction
Only time will tell. I would expect QC to continue for all parts even at 1000 -10,000 units later. The good news is assembly is right here in the USA, (Texas) So its so much easier to have boots on the ground or have your own staff on site overseeing parts and lots as they come in. Also not everything is China built. Overheard allot of parts are being built here in the USA and other Counties other then China. But China has good quality and they have bad quality. It’s all about how much you want to spend and who you partner with.

It would not surprise me if some suppliers have issues meeting demand. All industries are struggling to get materials right now. It’s a global supply issues. We see people right here in the USA that don’t want to go back to work, as they would rather collect Gov checks. The trucking and transportation industry is struggling to find drivers. So even when factory’s build a product they can’t deliver. The auto industry can’t get Simi conductors, the RV industry has a shortage of spray foam. We are hearing about a rubber shortage, steel and wood prices are insane! Restaurants are opening but they can’t find workers.

The haters are just waiting for Speed to have a supply delay, so we will hear “Oh we knew it would never get built, its to good to be true, this was all a lie, bla bla bla!” Haters are just jealous or sad they can’t have it. Just ignore them!

I would be very concerned with supply issues and in fact I would expect them considering much larger manufactures in the industry are having issues. Hopefully they can obtain enough supplies to get at least the first 250 out the door by August/September.

I would not be concerned with quality control. They will still be way ahead of the other manufactures. The bar is not set super high by the other manufactures.

norutah

Reaction
I would be very concerned with supply issues and in fact I would expect them considering much larger manufactures in the industry are having issues. Hopefully they can obtain enough supplies to get at least the first 250 out the door by August/September.

I would not be concerned with quality control. They will still be way ahead of the other manufactures. The bar is not set super high by the other manufactures.
I'm excited for everyone else but I just need them to have enough material to produce 901 units.

Bricoop

Reaction
As long as they have the financing partners in place, they should be fine. They will run into (un)anticipated supply delays. They've taken on a massive project, substantially larger than either Todd or RG has done before. The sheer numbers are staggering. 40 units a day is around 8 million in revenue per week if they are only running 5 days/week.

Total Loss

Reaction
Amazing that in 2021, we started having shortages of everything...inc workers...wonder why?
Surprised anyone is pulling off any new venture with the plandemic nonsense also...

slvrbullet

Reaction
This is actually a huge concern of mine. So far the speed stuff has not been proven to be reliable on the XX. the $2,500 steering racks that are bending/breaking, Staff claims first batch had a lack of QC. Long Travel A Arms that are folding and bending. water pumps fixes that are still breaking. Secondary clutch locks that don't work as intended and are causing damage to clutch and trans axle.

sand shark

Reaction
This is actually a huge concern of mine. So far the speed stuff has not been proven to be reliable on the XX. the $2,500 steering racks that are bending/breaking, Staff claims first batch had a lack of QC. Long Travel A Arms that are folding and bending. water pumps fixes that are still breaking. Secondary clutch locks that don't work as intended and are causing damage to clutch and trans axle.
I was not aware the Speed stuff for the XX was having issues. With that knowledge I too would be more concerned with QC.

sand shark

Reaction
As long as they have the financing partners in place, they should be fine. They will run into (un)anticipated supply delays. They've taken on a massive project, substantially larger than either Todd or RG has done before. The sheer numbers are staggering. 40 units a day is around 8 million in revenue per week if they are only running 5 days/week.

Several video presentations ago Todd said they had all the financing in place. The profit margins on the Speed car are shrinking by the day as the cost of materials keep going up. Covid shortages might have them producing the cars at break even or a loss for the cars with the guaranteed price.

43mod

Reaction
Hence the added $1000 fee on my invoice . Still no answer from
Speed as to what its for . Just a lump i may have to swallow !

norutah

Reaction
Hence the added $1000 fee on my invoice . Still no answer from
Speed as to what its for . Just a lump i may have to swallow !
I received a response to the same question.

Your warranty would show up in the extra fees. The additional $1000 is for $750 delivery and $250 documentation fee everyone has to pay.

Total Loss

Reaction
I was not aware the Speed stuff for the XX was having issues. With that knowledge I too would be more concerned with QC.
I wouldnt buy any of it...my brother did...switched out his computer and is still playing with his clutch.
I have the roof...can you screw up a roof?
That being said...I like the new xxxx or whatever its called...seems Polaris is sort of copying the concept.

norutah

Reaction
Do you have details on the arms that are folding? I want to get a better idea regarding how concerned we should be. What we know about the OEM arms: Boxed 4130 lower arms and 4130 tube uppers. MIG robot welded.

43mod

Reaction
Steering rack boot adapters not concentric w rack slide . Essentially the adapters were being the steering stops . I bought two units months apart . They were unaware of the issue you could see plain as day . They sent new units after some re design and cnc time . Anyone seem a tech bulletin or email on this that has purchased these parts ?
on a good note the speed axles have lasted 550 miles so far . Thats 350 miles further than any stock xx axle .
Next sad note Speed shipping costs are crazy high . I mean like $100 to ship a computer box ! Thats a profit margin

NIKAL

Reaction
Knew the first Gen Speed XX racks had some issues, but thought that was fixed with Gen 2? Do know a few racing on the Gen 2 still had a some issues, but sometimes in racing it’s hard to know if it’s a part or driver failure?

The suspension arms failing is a new one? How are they bending and failing? Same with the water pumps? What going out on those? I know a few guys with Speed XX suspension and water pumps and neither have been an issues. Is this failing first hand knowledge or someone else knows someone?

norutah

Reaction
Knew the first Gen Speed XX racks had some issues, but thought that was fixed with Gen 2? Do know a few racing on the Gen 2 still had a some issues, but sometimes in racing it’s hard to know if it’s a part or driver failure?

The suspension arms failing is a new one? How are they bending and failing? Same with the water pumps? What going out on those? I know a few guys with Speed XX suspension and water pumps and neither have been an issues. Is this failing first hand knowledge or someone else knows someone?
Yes, need details. Pics of the failed arms would be very beneficial. I'm assuming the arms were hand made/hand welded.
I hate to say it but if we're talking about the speed 77 arms built by @manwelderfabr failing, I would not believe it without pictures and details. I mean, if someone blasted a rock at speed that's kind of on them. To say they're folding, you know like can am arms, I have a hard time believing it especially after looking at his design, his work, materials used etc.

Last edited:

NIKAL

Reaction
Yes, need details. Pics of the failed arms would be very beneficial. I'm assuming the arms were hand made/hand welded.
I hate to say it but if we're talking about the speed 77 arms built by @manwelderfabr failing, I would not believe it without pictures and details. I mean, if someone blasted a rock at speed that's kind of on them. To say they're folding, you know like can am arms, I have a hard time believing it especially after looking at his design, his work, materials used etc.
Maybe it was a fluke or one arm bent? But I don’t buy it either, without pictures and facts. The XX Speed arms were designed by RG’s engineers, not some garage fab, and built by Manwelder. Fronts & rears are all internal tabbed gussets. Manwelder also builds all the Kartek fab’ed parts (spindles, arms, suspension, aluminum stuff etc..)

Buellracer

Reaction
I hit a giant rock at speed the first day of the 2019 Mexican 500 . After the race which we finished 28th overall we noticed a small bend. When I talked to Robby he asked if I hit something. I said yes big rock my fault. He said thanks for being honest and offered to have it repaired. I just bought a new one and carry the slightly bent one in my spares. I would put it on to race if I had to.