Speed Pre-Order

10 shot

Reaction
Thinking about the guys that just put a deposit down how long are they going to wait. Also the ones purchased directly from speed they make more profit on compared to the ones sold to dealers. At what point will you only be able to buy one from a dealership? It's not like yo can call can am and order a x3 you have to go through the dealer network. There will be dealers with units and speed customers without cars. This will be interesting.

dirtslinger

Reaction
Thinking about the guys that just put a deposit down how long are they going to wait. Also the ones purchased directly from speed they make more profit on compared to the ones sold to dealers. At what point will you only be able to buy one from a dealership? It's not like yo can call can am and order a x3 you have to go through the dealer network. There will be dealers with units and speed customers without cars. This will be interesting.
All cars are sold with a Master #, if you ordered thru Speed and you're master number is lower than the dealer, then you will get your car before the dealer. If your master number is higher than the dealers that ordered cars, then you will get yours after the dealer, but you are more than welcome as a customer to call dealers and try and get a lower master number.

10 shot

Reaction
So dealers are going to want 20% over and above MSRP?? I would think a dealer would be same retail price as speed then tag on there additional dealer costs or why even go to a dealership for your car order it direct and if you can order direct cheaper why bother going to a dealer??

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
So dealers are going to want 20% over and above MSRP?? I would think a dealer would be same retail price as speed then tag on there additional dealer costs or why even go to a dealership for your car order it direct and if you can order direct cheaper why bother going to a dealer??
The Mark-up will only sell while the demand is higher than supply. That is kind of what allows for the Mark-up in the first place.

Once production has been going for a while and there is more supply in the market, the Mark-ups will taper off.

Pay 20% more and drive it today from the dealer.
Or pay the normal price and wait a year for your personal order.

sand shark

Reaction
My guess is once they have enough cars out there and a large enough dealer network you will only be able to purchase through a dealer.

Robin Hood

Reaction
My guess is that dealers are paying the original prices offered. It has been mentioned that they have a buy in of 100 units, but I believe these are produced after the pre-sale units. You can still order today and get a low 3000 master number, when they claim with dealer orders that they are over 10,000 and approaching 12K units sold now. Some dealers choose to buy early master numbers to be in the game early. These units will be delivered in order of master number as part of the pre-sales.

sand shark

Reaction
My guess is that dealers are paying the original prices offered. It has been mentioned that they have a buy in of 100 units, but I believe these are produced after the pre-sale units. You can still order today and get a low 3000 master number, when they claim with dealer orders that they are over 10,000 and approaching 12K units sold now. Some dealers choose to buy early master numbers to be in the game early. These units will be delivered in order of master number as part of the pre-sales. Sounds like they are including units the dealers maybe contractual obligate to purchase, if Speed can produce them.

Sounds like they are including future dealer units in that 10K-12K units sold. If you can get a number in the 3000s there are really not that many golden ticket holders. Jump in now and you might see your car by the end of next year.

Wright602

Reaction
El jefe master 190, speed master 290 here.
For me with 2 new kids added to our family I’m not in a hurry for the car but personally I am over the weekly “updates” from rg and crew. Once a month would be fine at this point I almost feel like rg feels obligated to keep them up weekly now or the mob will come after him.
Seems like he talks about the unicorn or sst just to fill the time in the weekly report.
I’ve emailed Todd a couple times and got either no response or a meager reply at best when asking general questions.
Again, not mad about where the car is at but a little frustrated with clarity to their early customers vs the general public.

10 shot

Reaction
Imagine what is not talked about or said weekly. This is why you do not see any other manufacturers doing this. Do you not think can am has a new model being tested right now? The current x3 platform has been around since 2017 there will be something new shortly but there not saying a word about it. Will robby keep doing this for the next year model? I highly doubt it. I am sure he will be glad when it is over. Lol

Total Loss

Reaction
I don't think the Speed UTV is going to smoke everything else, when it weighs more and they all have speed limiters.

Only people doing over 95mph in a UTV are the desert racers on a dry lake bed. I had my old X3 over 90mph on a dry lake bed several times. That would be the only place I would want to be going that fast.
Same here...86 on my XX on dry lake only.

Last edited:

NIKAL

Reaction
35 gallon tank will be available in the El Diablo. How large of a cell are most UTV teams running?
I’m looking forward to the aux tank for the 4 seater. They guesstimate it will be 10-11 gal. That would give around 24 gal of fuel. Great for Baja.