Speed Pre-Order

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
as for speed i still have a buddy that would buy a lower number at non racketeering price . So if RG is gonna black ball you ask to sell first please .

El Diabo or El Jefe? What is constituted as a non-racketerring price?

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
We are not a whole year and a half past the expected delivery date. and do not have one single preproduction car testing in the desert.
Not sure exactly what you are trying to say here? Cars are less than a year behind the original projected schedule for the first 500.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
All that being said, let's not pretend Robby hasn't been a controversial figure in off-road, even Nascar regarding unsportsmanlike behavior, lawsuits regarding sponsorships and business dealings.

I am sure it is extremely difficult to do this but as mentioned looks like we are reaching a slippery slope from yesterday's presentation that will negatively impact the brand. I commend the team for keeping on regardless of the hate, it seems as if it is in Robby's blood.
Most successful racers are controversial. Robby’s off road controversy’s is no more than many other racers, he’s just got the spotlight on him and he’s the showman. Plus he’s one of only a few Racers making a real living at racing and in Motorsports. As far as NASCAR, again compared too allot of other racers, Robby was vanilla. And when he was controversial, NASCAR made $millions on replaying or hyping up what Robby did. I can think of a dozen or more, more controversial things with NASCAR & it’s racers. If your involved in the sport, the gossip & rumors makes off road seem like a few kids racing their bikes around the block. When real moneys at play the real controversy’s start. I loved Robby’s comments about why he keeps 15 NASCAR’s on the racks in the shop. “It’s to remind him to never make that mistake again!” Lol!

Regarding lawsuits. If your in business, if your involved with contracts, if your in a performance based business, your going to be involved in legal action at some point. A single season of NASCAR involves 100’s of contracts within a single team. Not sure if you know any of the history of some Robby’s more known legal battles, but they were justifiable and he’s won those suits.

As far as your comments about the slippery slope and effecting the Speed brand. Let’s look at Elon Musk. That guy has made outrageous claims, had questionable business transactions and moving money between his business. Been asked to step down as CEO, smoked weed on an interview, talked about Tesla stocks, talked about converting to BitCoin, pissed off California about the vaccine and not shutting down, then moving his business out of state.

Yet after all this Tesla is stronger then ever. If Speed was a traded company, maybe Speed might see some real backlash. But what Robby said will not effect the future of Speed UTV at all. Those who support the product will continue. Those who don’t, or those who are more interested is stirring chit! They still will no matter what Robby or Speed does.

What will be interesting is to see a year or two from now, how many chit talkers are buying a Speed UTV.

Total Loss

RDC Crypto
Nice to see this thread heated up again.

Has anyone corroberated the claim that JamminJ posted he pulled from Reddit?

As far as Nikal using Elon as a comparison...remember how he trolled the massive short positions? And stomped them? He definitely walks the fine line and continues to come up roses...not that I like the dude...I don't much...but he is an iconoclast...just like RG...started when Bob put him in the co dawg seat...the rest is history.

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Most successful racers are controversial. Robby’s off road controversy’s is no more than many other racers, he’s just got the spotlight on him and he’s the showman. Plus he’s one of only a few Racers making a real living at racing and in Motorsports. As far as NASCAR, again compared too allot of other racers, Robby was vanilla. And when he was controversial, NASCAR made $millions on replaying or hyping up what Robby did. I can think of a dozen or more, more controversial things with NASCAR & it’s racers. If your involved in the sport, the gossip & rumors makes off road seem like a few kids racing their bikes around the block. When real moneys at play the real controversy’s start. I loved Robby’s comments about why he keeps 15 NASCAR’s on the racks in the shop. “It’s to remind him to never make that mistake again!” Lol!

Regarding lawsuits. If your in business, if your involved with contracts, if your in a performance based business, your going to be involved in legal action at some point. A single season of NASCAR involves 100’s of contracts within a single team. Not sure if you know any of the history of some Robby’s more known legal battles, but they were justifiable and he’s won those suits.

As far as your comments about the slippery slope and effecting the Speed brand. Let’s look at Elon Musk. That guy has made outrageous claims, had questionable business transactions and moving money between his business. Been asked to step down as CEO, smoked weed on an interview, talked about Tesla stocks, talked about converting to BitCoin, pissed off California about the vaccine and not shutting down, then moving his business out of state.

Yet after all this Tesla is stronger then ever. If Speed was a traded company, maybe Speed might see some real backlash. But what Robby said will not effect the future of Speed UTV at all. Those who support the product will continue. Those who don’t, or those who are more interested is stirring chit! They still will no matter what Robby or Speed does.

What will be interesting is to see a year or two from now, how many chit talkers are buying a Speed UTV.
Not really a valid comparison, tesla has rockets firing off into space every couple days/weeks. Speed ran an engine on a dyno and ran a pre production car around Parker for a few days.

JerryB

RDC Crypto
And again not trying to be a hater here just a realistic view from the outside who hasn't any monetary investment but.... this is classic RG for these who have been around for a while; and don't prescribe to the RG kool-aid. When backed against a wall, lash out, hurl name calling, kick doors with sponsor/enginesupplier logos, blame others.....fill in the blank here of who's at fault.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Not really a valid comparison, tesla has rockets firing off into space every couple days/weeks. Speed ran an engine on a dyno and ran a pre production car around Parker for a few days.
It’s actually a very valid comparison. No I don’t expect to see Robby sending off rockets into space, but let’s see where Speed is in 10-15 years, maybe they are right there with Polaris & Can Am? When Elon started Space Exploration Tecnologies, now called Space X
in 2002. Elon was ridiculed for thinking he could put anything into space. He even named his first rocket the Dragon mocking his haters who called his dream “Puff the magic dragon”. Reminds me of how the “Unicorn” name started by people speculating on what Robby was building in secret.

Then while trying to build his space program Elon started Tesla and Solar City in 2006. By 2008 Elon was almost broke. But he turned it around as success happened with Tesla, Solar City and SpaceX. He’s since started more company's.

While not on the same scale, you have Robby & Company making Energy drinks, building Stadium Super Trucks, was involved with other UTV manufactures. Now he’s in the tool kit business, RC car business, looks to be getting in the tire business, back in the Shock & Wheel business. Oh and still has an accessory brand business supporting the Arctic Cat XX.

Another thing to consider Elon started Tesla in 06, and continued to take on investors while not producing a single vehicle. They released a few roadsters to show proof of concept and to lure more big fish investors. It took 3 more years to develop the S model. In 2009 Tesla opened up to the public for deposits on the model S. Then it took 3 more years before delivering the first ones in 2012. So from starting the company to delivery to the public was 6 years. And Elon Chit talked the whole time!

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Can anyone tell me where u can buy a speed energy drink at any gas station or store because I have not seen them in years.
I’m not an energy drink fan, but your right there hard to find. Both the independent gas station & mini mart that I used to see them at are no more. The market at Hidden Shores used to have one spot but that got filled by one of the bigger drinks.

But I have heard that part of the dealer network for the Speed UTV will be to carry the Speed brand as it’s going to be marketed as a lifestyle. The dealerships will have drink coolers to buy your Speed drinks, get your kids a Speed RC car while your getting your Speed UTV. And you will be able to buy your Speed tool kit, Speed UTV accessories and apparel at the same place. When I first heard of this I thought it was sort of strange that dealers would have to accommodate all this, but then thought how brilliant it was for everyone. Stop in and buy a can, see what’s new. Buy your kid a RC to make them happy, as you look around and pick out that new Robby Gordon TT , SST, Speed Energy or UTV T- shirt. Who knows maybe you walk out with a Speed UTV at some point.

43mod

RDC Crypto
Nik your glasses are a tad rose colored but thats not a bad way to be . Deposits on utvs are not investments in the company . The model s was not the first car . If part of speed was available when i made my deposit i would have bought in . Its a fair gamble i think .

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Nik your glasses are a tad rose colored but thats not a bad way to be . Deposits on utvs are not investments in the company . The model s was not the first car . If part of speed was available when i made my deposit i would have bought in . Its a fair gamble i think .
Never said a deposit was an investment in Speed, nor was a deposit with Tesla on the S. I never said the S was the first car either. I said the Roadster was, and only 2500 were made as a proof of concept, and to lure the big investors in.

The point of deposits is not to make money to fund the product. In most cases it’s to show proof of concept and to show value in the company. This is how you get banks to support loans, or private investors as Tesla did. It was said as Speed got more deposits, they were able to gets banks to invest and loan Speed UTV the capital to build these cars.

critter81

RDC Crypto
I talked with Todd a few months back, and things seemed on track... I will tell you from the gist of the conversation that I think they are struggling a little with the enormity of going from a small offroad fabrication business to a full fledged OEM. There are some significant differences between the two. I hope RG does not end up like Cannondale or ATK. Cannondale had some great engineering, but did not have the money to sustain an OEM business.. There are significant over head requirements that many people do not think about when you make this transition. I wish him all the best and people need to realize that what they are doing is significantly up hill during normal time.. Take into account a damn pandemic, labor shortages steel prices doubling. No seat foam or fiberglass resin all year and plastic shortages, etc......It will be interesting to see when (I hope not IF) he comes out with with a production car. I think there is a strong possibility that another OEM will license his designs, make and sell the cars under their roof.. The possibilities are.. HISUN, Pierer Mobility, Arctic Cat (although that ended badly I think??not sure??? I might need a correction on that...) I don't think the Japanese would be in for something like that as it is not in their culture. I think Can AM is down their own road too far and like the direction they are headed. Polaris is in the same boat as AC, I think Robbie tried that with them and it did not go the direction he wanted. I might need a correction there too...There might be another OEM eyeing a way into the market I can't think of..

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
NIKAL-you know I am a huge RG fan, but this is a really bad look for RG. There need not be any “whataboutism” in this. Elon, in all his brilliance, is not known for being extremely mature and measured. I have friends who have been screamed at and insulted by Elon for simply being on the assembly line.

I understand why RG is frustrated. He works 18 hours a day 7 days a week. He believes this will be the greatest UTV ever produced, by a large margin. If it’s reliable, it will be. Sitting at home sick for weeks reading people talking sht would certainly suck. Put the social media down if you can’t handle it. You’re the CEO of a company that is planning on doing $500M in revenue next year. Attacking your customers is INSANE. They missed the delivery badly. The goal was never realistic, even in a non-pandemic world.

RG ran around the back of the nascar field for years, with sponsorship, because of his ability to maintain relationships and being a fan favorite. Attacking customers is the exact opposite of what put him in this position.

He’s effectively taken an interest free loan from his customers. In exchange for that the customers have a right to purchase a vehicle. Cancelling orders because someone spoke poorly about you or your company would not hold up in court.

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
I talked with Todd a few months back, and things seemed on track... I will tell you from the gist of the conversation that I think they are struggling a little with the enormity of going from a small offroad fabrication business to a full fledged OEM. There are some significant differences between the two. I hope RG does not end up like Cannondale or ATK. Cannondale had some great engineering, but did not have the money to sustain an OEM business.. There are significant over head requirements that many people do not think about when you make this transition. I wish him all the best and people need to realize that what they are doing is significantly up hill during normal time.. Take into account a damn pandemic, labor shortages steel prices doubling. No seat foam or fiberglass resin all year and plastic shortages, etc......It will be interesting to see when (I hope not IF) he comes out with with a production car. I think there is a strong possibility that another OEM will license his designs, make and sell the cars under their roof.. The possibilities are.. HISUN, Pierer Mobility, Arctic Cat (although that ended badly I think??not sure??? I might need a correction on that...) I don't think the Japanese would be in for something like that as it is not in their culture. I think Can AM is down their own road too far and like the direction they are headed. Polaris is in the same boat as AC, I think Robbie tried that with them and it did not go the direction he wanted. I might need a correction there too...There might be another OEM eyeing a way into the market I can't think of..
I believe RG has the connections to stay afloat if they got into a severe cashflow issue. He might need to give up some of the company to get it.

Supplier constraints will continue to plague the production, but that’s no different than any other company these days.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
NIKAL-you know I am a huge RG fan, but this is a really bad look for RG. There need not be any “whataboutism” in this. Elon, in all his brilliance, is not known for being extremely mature and measured. I have friends who have been screamed at and insulted by Elon for simply being on the assembly line.

I understand why RG is frustrated. He works 18 hours a day 7 days a week. He believes this will be the greatest UTV ever produced, by a large margin. If it’s reliable, it will be. Sitting at home sick for weeks reading people talking sht would certainly suck. Put the social media down if you can’t handle it. You’re the CEO of a company that is planning on doing $500M in revenue next year. Attacking your customers is INSANE. They missed the delivery badly. The goal was never realistic, even in a non-pandemic world.

RG ran around the back of the nascar field for years, with sponsorship, because of his ability to maintain relationships and being a fan favorite. Attacking customers is the exact opposite of what put him in this position.

He’s effectively taken an interest free loan from his customers. In exchange for that the customers have a right to purchase a vehicle. Cancelling orders because someone spoke poorly about you or your company would not hold up in court.
I totally agree this is not the Robby we are expecting or used to seeing. I hope & think Todd & Co. will have a sit down and talk with Robby. If this attitude was to continue, then yes this could have a detrimental effect on the future of Speed UTV.

Maybe they will drop the comments, maybe have an apology statement (probably not). But I don’t think it’s going to go very far. The 12,000 committed customer & dealer units will get built and sold. A few people might be offended enough to get out or not buy. But bottom line is this is a materialistic world, and what you say today is forgotten tomorrow.

I will bet at most, if they can link a troll to an actual order, they will reach out in a professional manor and ask the person if they are not happy would they like their money back?

It will also be interesting to see how many chit talkers, buy a Speed UTV when it comes out and if it’s as it claims to be? Remember this is a materialistic society and no one wants to be left behind. Hidden behind the keyboard today, sitting behind the Speed steering wheel tomorrow.

Rory

Crayola Killer
RDC Crypto
Website
www.racers-only.com
I don't have one on order, I'm a buggy dork, so i have no skin in this game. What I can tell you is I have been following the process of the build and think these will be worth the wait. Also, if you know Robby, if you troll him, what did you really think was going to happen? Personally I love it, you don't like my product, well, you don't get it. Hahaahahaha.

I'm sure these are so close to being done you can almost taste it. You loyal customers have waiting this long, a little longer wont hurt. Hell, my good buddy Wes has one on order, he said he just keeps saving his money so when his is available he can pay cash for it.....NO PAYMENTS!

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Im
Nice to see this thread heated up again.

Has anyone corroberated the claim that JamminJ posted he pulled from Reddit?

As far as Nikal using Elon as a comparison...remember how he trolled the massive short positions? And stomped them? He definitely walks the fine line and continues to come up roses...not that I like the dude...I don't much...but he is an iconoclast...just like RG...started when Bob put him in the co dawg seat...the rest is history.
Here is that claim backed up with evidence.

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 3.54.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 3.53.37 PM.png