Speed Pre-Order

10 shot

Reaction
If anyone proves the speed utv is what they say it will be max will be the one to show what it can do. Hopefully robby will have everything tested and ready for the utv national and not be still bolting parts on the day before the race like last year.

NIKAL

Reaction
Another great show tonight. Daniel hosted and did a great job. A few mic issues, but he explained and showed allot. Full aluminum steering wheel core. Push button starter and key fobs. Cool explanations about the CVT cover and lighting. All the guys in the shop seemed very impressed with the quality of the production parts coming in the door to be bolted on these race cars.

Casey’s comments were great too! I forgot about the telescoping steering shaft. Another hidden detail that most will never see or know about. But that’s just one more safety feature Robby was adamant about.

ChupacabraOR

Reaction
The argument (if we can call it that) of" "by the time the Speed comes out, the competition will have surpassed it" is ridiculous IMO. If/ when Polaris releases a 4cyl, doesn't mean it will be better that a 2 cyl Speed, or 3 cyl Can Am. I think the harsh truth is that Polaris and Can Am are "value engineered" to the penny, which leads to shortcomings. I'll be most impressed with the new Polaris, if the suspension is double shear, etc. I think for the big P and Can Am, it's about marketing HP and suspension travel, GPS navigation etc. I just think the Speed gang is approaching the market with a totally different mission.

There is no way the Speed ends up being a YXZ IMO... where it's instantly behind on hp and performance.

10 shot

Reaction
So do customers just buy one and leave it alone and look like everyone else that has one or will they customize it to be different. I feel like the fun ppl have is getting them done up like they want them.

norutah

Reaction
For shots and giggles, if the Speed UTV is everything it’s made out to be, what is a realistic price level? $50K? I hope Speed focuses on quality over quantity.
I guess you would have to consider the price of the top contender plus price of all the upgrades this one should not need. $60k would be my guess but time will tell if weak points are identified. Not talking about light bars and lipstick. I mean if the front shock tower is dislocated or if the car spontaneously combusts. I was right at $60k on my X3 but still felt like a mechanical failure was just around the corner. Sure some of those costs were avoidable light bars but every suspension component was upgraded and every pivot was reinforced. Now, if these come out and need a cage due to seeing failures I'll be bummed. I think we're gonna be good though

norutah

Reaction
So do customers just buy one and leave it alone and look like everyone else that has one or will they customize it to be different. I feel like the fun ppl have is getting them done up like they want them.
I ordered a fair amount of accessories from speed for mine and I have a decent pile of parts from other manufacturers ready to install. I do not feel any of the items I ordered were necessity.

10 shot

Reaction
I guess it depends what your looking for. I have a stock x3 and a stock Polaris 1000 as far as arms and components. I have 28k on the Polaris and 12 k on the can am use for pre running and playing around. I have never folded a arm or broken anything on the stock set up. I race a class 1 and 10 car I don't get how everyone has ripped arms off , rolled cars, basically destroyed everything imaginable. I guess u need to know the limits of what your driving. Everything has its breaking point including your back!

Robin Hood

Reaction
For shots and giggles, if the Speed UTV is everything it’s made out to be, what is a realistic price level? $50K? I hope Speed focuses on quality over quantity.
For a lot of SXS guys it is only worth what they can finance or what their wife will let them spend... LOL. So if Speed wants to sell volume and compete with the big boys in the market, it will limit the price point.

Assuming no major issues and it performs as it should based on the specs, I would personally pay $75K for this car before I would buy a Can Am, Rzr or big 4-seat pre-runner.

norutah

Reaction
I guess it depends what your looking for. I have a stock x3 and a stock Polaris 1000 as far as arms and components. I have 28k on the Polaris and 12 k on the can am use for pre running and playing around. I have never folded a arm or broken anything on the stock set up. I race a class 1 and 10 car I don't get how everyone has ripped arms off , rolled cars, basically destroyed everything imaginable. I guess u need to know the limits of what your driving. Everything has its breaking point including your back!
What is the shape of your suspension pivot bolt holes? I'd guess oval and not round at 12k miles and stock

10 shot

Reaction
Happy for you, that is lucky
People don't go over their stuff they don't tighten bolts all they do is drive it drive it drive it and break it that's fine with me I rebuild their motors but people will complain about stuff being junk but they just don't take care of it

norutah

Reaction
People don't go over their stuff they don't tighten bolts all they do is drive it drive it drive it and break it that's fine with me I rebuild their motors but people will complain about stuff being junk but they just don't take care of it
Agreed, I'm the annoying one in the camp going over the machine with a torque wrench while everyone else is sitting by the campfire.

sand shark

Reaction
What is the shape of your suspension pivot bolt holes? I'd guess oval and not round at 12k miles and stock

My last Can Am X3 had 8,000 miles on it before the rear of the frame said no more. Cracked both down tubes on the rear frame. Motor and drive train had plenty more mile left in them. Stock trailing arms developed crack and were replaced at 7900 miles. Stock front upper arms were still solid and the lower stock arms (with some extra bracing welded on) were still all good.

sand shark

Reaction

$45k sounds about right with the cost of materials skyrocketing. I do not know how he is not losing money on the deposits with the locked in lower pricing.

NIKAL

Reaction
Remember Robby has said they were coming out of the gate with the top of the line performance vehicle first. Where the other manufactures come out with lower tier or utility vehicles before entering the sport performance market.

I suspect in a few years we will see a more economy version like a “XX” for those who can’t afford, or spending that much on a toy is not an option. I know many families that love going out to the desert, but don’t need the top of the line, don’t need turbo’s etc. plus the East Coast will be an untapped market for Speed. I’d love to see a 68 inch, 95-100wb N/A engine, 130-150hp entry vehicle get released in the low to mid $20’s. This would be in direct competition with all the entry level or non turbo model, RZR, Entry X3’s, Kawasaki KRX, Yamaha YXZ, Honda Talon and the XX. That’s actually a huge market to not get in.

Maybe in a few years Speed is able to use their manufacturing & buying volumes to be able to build an entry level car. Plus I know he’s talked about doing a youth car down the road too.

I think Robby & Todd have a bigger long term plan for Speed UTV. This is not a one model UTV company.

Bricoop

Reaction
Remember Robby has said they were coming out of the gate with the top of the line performance vehicle first. Where the other manufactures come out with lower tier or utility vehicles before entering the sport performance market.

I suspect in a few years we will see a more economy version like a “XX” for those who can’t afford, or spending that much on a toy is not an option. I know many families that love going out to the desert, but don’t need the top of the line, don’t need turbo’s etc. plus the East Coast will be an untapped market for Speed. I’d love to see a 68 inch, 95-100wb N/A engine, 130-150hp entry vehicle get released in the low to mid $20’s. This would be in direct competition with all the entry level or non turbo model, RZR, Entry X3’s, Kawasaki KRX, Yamaha YXZ, Honda Talon and the XX. That’s actually a huge market to not get in.

Maybe in a few years Speed is able to use their manufacturing & buying volumes to be able to build an entry level car. Plus I know he’s talked about doing a youth car down the road too.

I think Robby & Todd have a bigger long term plan for Speed UTV. This is not a one model UTV company.
Its really interesting the similarities between RG and Musk. Focus on the premium product first. Have too many things on your plate. Deposits to fund scaling up. Beloved by many, hated by many.