Speed Pre-Order

NIKAL

Reaction
Week 72 video is back up.They edited the video to blur the TT. When I first saw the video I wondered why they did not just take one of those Amber welding shields and just put it in front if the TT? Clearly they did not think about it before going live.

drofmij

Reaction
Remember Robby has said they were coming out of the gate with the top of the line performance vehicle first. Where the other manufactures come out with lower tier or utility vehicles before entering the sport performance market.

I suspect in a few years we will see a more economy version like a “XX” for those who can’t afford, or spending that much on a toy is not an option. I know many families that love going out to the desert, but don’t need the top of the line, don’t need turbo’s etc. plus the East Coast will be an untapped market for Speed. I’d love to see a 68 inch, 95-100wb N/A engine, 130-150hp entry vehicle get released in the low to mid $20’s. This would be in direct competition with all the entry level or non turbo model, RZR, Entry X3’s, Kawasaki KRX, Yamaha YXZ, Honda Talon and the XX. That’s actually a huge market to not get in.

Maybe in a few years Speed is able to use their manufacturing & buying volumes to be able to build an entry level car. Plus I know he’s talked about doing a youth car down the road too.

I think Robby & Todd have a bigger long term plan for Speed UTV. This is not a one model UTV company.

He has already mentioned building a truck. He could do well in the youth sxs market. The kids racing is getting popular and they are dumping a lot of money in them.

Bricoop

Reaction
Week 72 video is back up.They edited the video to blur the TT. When I first saw the video I wondered why they did not just take one of those Amber welding shields and just put it in front if the TT? Clearly they did not think about it before going live.

Was it the Unicorn or the new TT?

sand shark

Reaction
Remember Robby has said they were coming out of the gate with the top of the line performance vehicle first. Where the other manufactures come out with lower tier or utility vehicles before entering the sport performance market.

I suspect in a few years we will see a more economy version like a “XX” for those who can’t afford, or spending that much on a toy is not an option. I know many families that love going out to the desert, but don’t need the top of the line, don’t need turbo’s etc. plus the East Coast will be an untapped market for Speed. I’d love to see a 68 inch, 95-100wb N/A engine, 130-150hp entry vehicle get released in the low to mid $20’s. This would be in direct competition with all the entry level or non turbo model, RZR, Entry X3’s, Kawasaki KRX, Yamaha YXZ, Honda Talon and the XX. That’s actually a huge market to not get in.

Maybe in a few years Speed is able to use their manufacturing & buying volumes to be able to build an entry level car. Plus I know he’s talked about doing a youth car down the road too.

I think Robby & Todd have a bigger long term plan for Speed UTV. This is not a one model UTV company.

I thought the base models kind of covered the entry level. Well I guess entry level for the sport market.

I hope they are able to make 64" wide models as that would attract the East coast crowd.

NIKAL

Reaction
I thought the base models kind of covered the entry level. Well I guess entry level for the sport market.

I hope they are able to make 64" wide models as that would attract the East coast crowd.
I would not consider the current line up of Speed UTV’s as an entry level car.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Are any of these unopened “Specialized” energy drinks worth a Speed UTV yet? 🤣

6E33A132-73BB-4718-95C4-F0C9EBA100A5.jpeg

Tom_Willis

Reaction
What's the possibility of getting a license plate to drive a Speed UTV on the street? If they have a CARB-approved motor & DOT spec lights & tires was getting them street legal in a few states part of the plan?

Big Whitey

Reaction
What's the possibility of getting a license plate to drive a Speed UTV on the street? If they have a CARB-approved motor & DOT spec lights & tires was getting them street legal in a few states part of the plan?
That would all depend on the state you live in and how much you are willing to say “yes it has blinkers“. AZ is pretty open to reg for UTVs Montana as well but u need a address etc to go with it

Total Loss

Reaction
Judging by the number of videos I see where guys are hauling ass around with one hand on the shifter for god knows what reason … you’re probably right.
I gotta say I did that in the beginning...probably because I always had manuals in my street/off road trucks and only raced manuals on 4 wheels.

I did grind a couple of times until I kicked myself...lol

Total Loss

Reaction
Mines plated in AZ.
Minimal requirements. Mirrors, horn and brake lights. I have turn signals. DOT tires are also required but the only place I heard they hassled anyone was Havasu.
I am putting DOT tires on when the stockers are gone.

Liability insurance also...I carried liability and comp in Kali but when I moved to AZ, I added collision and it only went up like $20. Cheap through Progressive.

Needless to say I ain't going back to Kali.

Bricoop

Reaction
Was meaning more entry level price for the base model for the sport market. I know it is not an entry level car.
I honestly doubt we will see anything comparable to a traditional entry level sport UTV from Speed. To me it seems they aren't the type to make a worse design because the bean counters tell them they can save a few hundred bucks. I think you will see models designed for certain terrains and regulations, but I highly doubt they'd go to the effort of designing weaker engines and transmissions. That said, I expect a single seater or 64" models might be in their future.

I believe they will actually become the first luxury side-by-side manufacturer. The enclosed models are going to be rad. I think we'll see aftermarket for Ag or military, before we see a budget version. Once they start hitting customers hands, the race programs should explode in popularity. Dakar 2023 could be awesome.

sand shark

Reaction
I honestly doubt we will see anything comparable to a traditional entry level sport UTV from Speed. To me it seems they aren't the type to make a worse design because the bean counters tell them they can save a few hundred bucks. I think you will see models designed for certain terrains and regulations, but I highly doubt they'd go to the effort of designing weaker engines and transmissions. That said, I expect a single seater or 64" models might be in their future.

I believe they will actually become the first luxury side-by-side manufacturer. The enclosed models are going to be rad. I think we'll see aftermarket for Ag or military, before we see a budget version. Once they start hitting customers hands, the race programs should explode in popularity. Dakar 2023 could be awesome.

Can Am and Polaris have enclosed models that are pretty nice. I think Speed will have a nice race program once they start getting the customer cars out and can legitimately race in the production class. Whether they have a huge race program really will depend on how well they do and how easy it will be for someone to get a race Speed car set up. I think they will have the usually growing pains racing like all the others.

I hope someone comes out with a single seat sport model. The RS1 looks like fun.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Mines plated in AZ.
Minimal requirements. Mirrors, horn and brake lights. I have turn signals. DOT tires are also required but the only place I heard they hassled anyone was Havasu.
I am putting DOT tires on when the stockers are gone.

Liability insurance also...I carried liability and comp in Kali but when I moved to AZ, I added collision and it only went up like $20. Cheap through Progressive.

Needless to say I ain't going back to Kali.
Considering the big picture, maybe they plan on offering a "street legal" version in the future. If they have DOT approved parts, if you can get insurance, a warranty, financing, local servicing, etc., then they are one step from becoming a small scale manufacturer. And if that deathtrap "Smart Car" can pass crash tests than a Speed UTV can too. Now obviously kalifornistan and other I failed spelling holes aren't the target, but if RG and TR were to survey all the individual state requirements they could find a list of common mods and get these things on the street.