Speed Pre-Order

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I was at the Sand Show on Friday and Saturday and was able to check the Speed UTV out in person. Looks much bigger in person.

It was a giant circle jerk on Friday night at the Speed booth after they pulled the cover off.

They clearly cobbled the cars together to get something to show the people. Some cars had missing interior pieces or parts.

The design of the frame is awesome. The race chassis they had there gave you a clear view of everything. The front bulkhead/diff is very cool. The front end of the frame is well braced. You break the front end you are likely going for a ride in an ambulance or helicopter. Trailing arms and suspension look very similar to the Speed XX long travel kits, which was mentioned. Shock rezzies are massive. The sequential shifter is very cool (someone at the show mentioned no lock out for reverse, but I am sure they have something in place to make sure you don't knock it into reverse while moving). Digital display is really nice.

I was there Friday night for the circle jerk and today to get better pictures.

The Speed UTV is a big girl. There were some really cool things like the front bulkhead and the suspension arms. The dash display was really cool and I liked the seats. I was surprised how little elbow room from the door when your hand is on the wheel.

Love the design of the frame. The race chassis they had let you have a good look at everything.

You could tell they slapped these cars together as the fitment of the plastics was not great. There were missing parts and the door alignment was horrible. The doors felt flimsy and not what I was expecting. The doors on the Wildcat XX felt better. It was clear from the welds on the frame they have a long way to go in training the robots.

Engine looks nice.

The line of sight out of the driver seat will not be great for the dunes or tight trails.

It will be a lot of car for the money for those that locked in the pricing.

Attachments

• show 1.jpeg
    show 1.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 0
  • show 2.jpeg
    show 2.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • show 3.jpeg
    show 3.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 0
  • show 4.jpeg
    show 4.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 0
  • show 5.jpeg
    show 5.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 0
  • show 6.jpeg
    show 6.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 0
  • show 7.jpeg
    show 7.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 0
  • show 8.jpeg
    show 8.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 0
  • show 9.jpeg
    show 9.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 0
  • show 10.jpeg
    show 10.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • show 12.jpeg
    show 12.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 0
  • show 11.jpeg
    show 11.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 0

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Here are some more pictures from the show

Attachments

• show 13.jpeg
    show 13.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
  • show 14.jpeg
    show 14.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0
  • show 15.jpeg
    show 15.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 0
  • show 16.jpeg
    show 16.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 0
  • show 17.jpeg
    show 17.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 0
  • show 18.jpeg
    show 18.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 0
  • show 20.jpeg
    show 20.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 0

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Oh I am sure it probably was a huge rush hopefully the production units will be better . I wonder how much testing and fixing problems there will be before at least the first 100 will hit hands of real customers. I just don't see it happening before the year end.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
These look to be THE UTV when they get the bugs all worked out and in production. It will be a few years for me and by then Im sure they will be the best UTV on the market.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Kinda what I am thinking first year can am sucked first few years of Polaris sucked. Both still have problems but are better every year.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
For those who don’t think Polaris cares about what Robby & Todd are doing, look at these stills from a video of the crowd looking at the Speed UTV.

The Polaris guys don’t look too happy about what they were walking around and seeing!
9835DD3C-9D63-44D3-895E-5B10F5024A85.jpeg

9B60FA4C-35EC-47D9-8E00-53B7BCE9479D.png
D5D56CFE-C1BF-435F-83DC-BAD321F58781.png

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Honestly if you know the sxs market Polaris sells more utility style rangers than the sport rzr by a ton. We live in a area that is mostly sport driven. Overall the biggest market and most units sold are utility rangers. I was surprised but it is the ranchers and even the military that is there biggest customers. Robby will not affect that market.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
Honestly if you know the sxs market Polaris sells more utility style rangers than the sport rzr by a ton. We live in a area that is mostly sport driven. Overall the biggest market and most units sold are utility rangers. I was surprised but it is the ranchers and even the military that is there biggest customers. Robby will not affect that market.

Robby will affect their egos...and that is all that really matters ;)

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Shock rezzies are massive.

There were missing parts and the door alignment was horrible. The doors felt flimsy and not what I was expecting. The doors on the Wildcat XX felt better.

It will be a lot of car for the money for those that locked in the pricing.
I thought the Shock reservoirs were bigger then the shocks too, but they are the same 3.25 diameter as the Shock bodies.

I got a chance to talk to a few guys that work for RGM, a few I had not seen or talked to in a few years, so I’d tend to believe what they said, Here’s the skinny on the doors. They found out about the door issue over a month ago and it’s already being addressed and takes about 3 months to change the tooling. Hard to explain but the doors will be a tad smaller and the inside edge of the door was supposed to be angled a bit (like a V) where the two doors meet, so when you open one, the inside edge does not catch the other door. So from the outside the gap between the doors will be maybe a 1/8 wider but the inside would be closer to 1/3-3/8th wider if that makes sense? Also the pre production plastics were made with a softer composite plastic. Not sure if that was an accident or on purpose? But they said the plastic composite material will be the same as the XX and the doors much more ridged. Not sure if you looked at the hinge? It’s huge and all metal.

I think the car even at the current price is a bargain compared to what I saw dealers at the show selling cars for. 2 years ago when the Speed car was announced at a base of $30-32K, it was on the high side of UTV’s. But now that’s right there with Can Am’s top of the line X3 at $30-33K.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
You are correct, and it’s always been that way for all the big UTV manufactures. But the sport market is whats advertised and marketed as they are their flagship vehicles.

Just like Chevy has the Corvette, Ford has the Mustang or GT40, Toyota has the Supra. They don’t sell allot of them, but they are important performance flagships for those brands They all sell more Trucks, Fusions, Camrys etc.. But those performance cars are important to them.

Speed will never financially hurt Polaris, but what they can hurt is when Polaris or Can Am can’t release a PR stating they won a race, or if Speed gets UTV of the year, especially if Polaris releases the Pro R. 6 years ago would you have thought Can Am would take a huge market share if the sport market or be winning more races then Polaris? So who knows what Speed looks like in 6 years?

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Yea we will see what happens remember it will not be the same canam or Polaris in 6 years either. They will step up there game too. And the price will keep going up as well. So far all his projects from the wildcat on have never won anything Including the unicorn and Robby has never won a utv race ever. I think they are going to be good at some point but we will see in a month what is going to happen at the utv nationals here in October. I think if they break it will be extremely bad for them.

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Yea we will see what happens remember it will not be the same canam or Polaris in 6 years either. They will step up there game too. And the price will keep going up as well. So far all his projects from the wildcat on have never won anything Including the unicorn and Robby has never won a utv race ever. I think they are going to be good at some point but we will see in a month what is going to happen at the utv nationals here in October. I think if they break it will be extremely bad for them.
A course Polaris & Can Am will step up in the next few years, but will it be enough? Will the accounting dept open the purse strings to let them build a better car? If average is good enough and the most profitable, maybe they don’t step up to Speeds level? The fact is Can Am was able to break in and do it, so why could not Speed? The WildCat XX won Vegas to Reno its first year in a very stock machine. In the lower tier series like D38 and Code, the XX is winning races. Problem is not the car, it’s the manufacture not supporting racing or wanting to sell cars. Was told they sold around a 1,000 WildCaXX units last year. Max & Robby did win the Mint, but got penalized.

Regarding the UTV Nationals, Only the haters or those looking to find fault with Speed UTV will make a big deal if they break down or DNF at the UTV Nationals. I’d see it as a way to market the vehicle, but also put some hard R&D time on the vehicle. Breaking a part will only help the consumer get a better car. The bigger controversy should be that the Marteli’s rules are allowing them to race in a production class, or that Honda can race aftermarket turbos in the production class.

JBuggy21

RDC Crypto
At risk of being eaten alive by the RG fan club, I wondered what people’s opinion of that was. I’ve always been worried about one part does all components because if you break an ear or mounting point you now have a small issue on a large part. Aside from the obvious preproduction hackary, it will without a doubt be the utv king after a few years of shaking down.