Speed Pre-Order

Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
Has anyone brought this up yet? Prototype welds are rough. Sure it will be fixed but there is a reason why manufacturers don't let the public come look up close at prototype vehicles. But look Robby said he is bringing a Prototype vehicle to the show and he actually did it. Next up is to see how they do at the UTV world championship.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.34.10 PM.png

Last edited:

Offspring

RDC Crypto
Has anyone brought this up yet? Prototype welds are rough. Sure it will be fixed but there is a reason why manufacturers don't let the public come look up close at prototype vehicles. But look Robby said he is bringing a Prototype vehicle to the show and he actually did it. Next up is to see how they do at the UTV world championship.

View attachment 232253
Post 930.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
This is a production CanHam. Between the stamped sheet metal and the weld...I think I'll pass.

IMG_3623.JPG

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
I think we all know that a hand full of welds were bad. The big one being a formed corner gusset under the seatbelt bar. While not impressed with those welds with a bolt in one. The idea that they thought to put a gusset there was great. The other Speed cars had better welded there.

Another dozen welds were questionable for the standard Robby said he’s expecting. But there were also allot that were down right impressive for any type of production product.

One of the RGM guys said it’s been a challenge for the manufacture to not only program a robot to hit the right spot, but to get the weld speed right, and to be able to get 100% around the tubes, especially in junctions were several tubes join together. But that they won’t quit until they get it.

Look at some of these welds. This should prove they can do it. And no doubt will be better then what any of the other manufactures are producing.

3AF6F52E-5F5F-40A3-B1F4-B5792DF8D838.png
346E7D70-31FA-408B-81A3-5E16275FB05A.png
461ECB5E-6012-4812-83AB-5B4D4B90ABC0.png
B402052D-C046-4EB7-B1C0-DDABC18B89BB.png
AB98F6DE-7802-448F-9950-6E58EFAE0ACE.png
A04F780C-4CFD-4490-8169-A52A3F7C68E3.jpeg

Last edited:

10 shot

RDC Crypto
The can am has the best most reliable motor hands down at this point. Welds are production and never look pleasant on Polaris or can am. Polaris has the most motor problems by far thank god there my best sponsor! Neither Polaris or can am brag about there welds and what they look like. I have both with thousands of miles on them the Polaris has 28k and there is not any cracks on either frames or arms. A sxs no matter what brand you buy the worst enemy is the owner. Lack of maintenance is number 1!!!! thinking they are actually robby Gordon while driving and doing things beyond what they were made for. No matter how good the speed sxs is made ppl will find the weak spot and especially with 300 hp on tap. Who knows what the problems will be but in the hands of the general public we will find out quickly!

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
I have both with thousands of miles on them the Polaris has 28k and there is not any cracks on either frames or arms.
You have mentioned several times about the Polaris with 28K miles. What model & year Polaris do you have all those miles on? Also what type of terrain accumulated all those miles & where?

Have you ever reached out to Polaris to share this? I bet they would love to see this and maybe use it in a ad campaign. Years ago I saw on the news that a guy had a Million mile (I think Toyota Corolla?) I don’t remember the brand, but the manufacture used the guy and car in a National ad campaign, they eventually bought the car from him, gave him a brand new model and they car is supposed to be in the museum. 28K on a all original UTV is got to be like a million miles on a passenger car.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
RDC Crypto
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Two spots for sale in the classifieds.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
2014 rzr 1000 mostly desert pre running parker course and barstow ect. Probably 8k is on the streets. Motor is stock with 32"tires stock clutches. Been through 2 sets of those lol. But as I said it's all in maintenance because that is the most rebuilds I do in my shop. 🤷‍♂️

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I think we all know that a hand full of welds were bad. The big one being a formed corner gusset under the seatbelt bar. While not impressed with those welds with a bolt in one. The idea that they thought to put a gusset there was great. The other Speed cars had better welded there.

Another dozen welds were questionable for the standard Robby said he’s expecting. But there were also allot that were down right impressive for any type of production product.

One of the RGM guys said it’s been a challenge for the manufacture to not only program a robot to hit the right spot, but to get the weld speed right, and to be able to get 100% around the tubes, especially in junctions were several tubes join together. But that they won’t quit until they get it.

Look at some of these welds. This should prove they can do it. And no doubt will be better then what any of the other manufactures are producing.

View attachment 232309View attachment 232310View attachment 232311View attachment 232312View attachment 232313View attachment 232308

The most impressive welds are on the rear arms. Some of those frame areas are going to be tough to get the robot to hit it just right. As long as it is a strong weld that is really what is important on a production vehicle.

sand shark

RDC Crypto
2014 rzr 1000 mostly desert pre running parker course and barstow ect. Probably 8k is on the streets. Motor is stock with 32"tires stock clutches. Been through 2 sets of those lol. But as I said it's all in maintenance because that is the most rebuilds I do in my shop. 🤷‍♂️
Only two clutches is impressive. My XP1000 killed the clutch rollers at around 5,000 miles after a trip to Baja. Never had any issues with the frame or suspension. Early on had a wiring harness issues, but other than that the motor was still going strong. Sold it and the second owner sold it with close to 8,000 miles and still on the original motor, trans, and diff. I made sure he was on the same maintenance schedule I did.

My first X3 had 8,000 miles on it when the rear transmission mounts broke and the two down tubes on the rear frame cracked and broke. That was good times as I was half way from Barstow to Stateline. Motor and trans were just as strong as when I first bought it. I had a tune on my X3 for close to 7,000 of those miles. Can Am frame is not designed to last in my opinion. The rest of the car will last a very long time. I wish Can Am would use a different material for the frame and a thicker material (allegedly the 2022 models have thicker material on key areas). I am on my second X3 (2021 X3 RR RC) and currently adding the gussets. For me nothing is more fun to drive than the X3 compared to the current SXS offerings that are available to take home today.

The Speed UTV frame is very impressive in person. It is built to last. For me the unknown is the durability of the motor and drive train. Not to mention the parts availability once these are released. I will patiently wait and see how this all pans out.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto

Robby isn't going to like that!

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto

I'll be selling a el jefe and el diable when the time is right. Might take delivery first, haven't decided yet.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
I’d be shocked if an early model Speed UTV doesn’t end up at can am and Polaris facilities. My buddy worked on drivelines for a couple of the major auto manufacturers. They’d buy new competition models frequently, just to tear them apart. They also had a test track they would use to put them through their paces. Sounded like a dream job.

Last edited:

sand shark

RDC Crypto
I’d be shocked if an early model Speed UTV doesn’t end up at can am and Polaris facilities. My buddy worked on drivelines for a couple of the major auto manufacturers. They’d buy new competition models frequently, just to tear them apart. They also had a test track they would use to put them through their paces. Sounded like a dream job.

That will for sure happen. Just don't know when they will get their hands on one.

JBuggy21

RDC Crypto
What speed is doing is not some new super secret stuff. They are building a little utv shaped race cars. They are expensive and so they can have real chassis and good suspension. You think mult billion dollar can am or Polaris couldn’t build a tube chassis super utv? They do what is good for there profits. So yeah im sure they will get a speed to dissect but im doubtful it’s something they have nightmares about.
What’s a tip of the Lime rzr cost and what’s a top of the line speed cost? Im sure it’s a big difference.