Speed Pre-Order

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
taking money ahead of time which rubs people the wrong way when they're still waiting on a car they paid whatever for back in 2019 at the SSS (in reference to the 4seat XX's) that they haven't received yet to this day.

Anyone can get out of an early deposit if they want and make a decent return on the funds.

10 shot

RDC Crypto
Assuming you actually want to know and are not just trolling, I'll tell you some upgrades I made to my X3 that I do not expect to do the the Speed.
Full shock work. Bypasses reworked, new valving and spring change. Front upper and lower arms, trailing arms, ball joints, brakes, every chassis brace made, cage, roof, doors, seats, seat sliders, harnesses, beadlocks, injectors, tune, intercooler, steering rack, steering motor, steering wheel, and correct length/shouldered bolts. This excludes lighting/comms/ etc. because I'll be adding them to the Speed as well. Good chances I'll run the stock tires out before I replace them too.
Nice but like I am asking what is light years ahead of what you can do to a can am or Polaris why is speed so amazing

dirtslinger

RDC Crypto
Can someone tell me what advantage they think they will have with a speed car over a new can am or Polaris. Kawasaki ect. What makes the speed car so far advanced over what you can purchase today that everything else is light years behind. I see heavy duty suspension components and being able to shift on the fly. It still runs a belt drive. Has a turbo and 2cyl motor, runs 32" tires has a steering wheel lol what is so ground breaking about the speed car I am not seeing here. Just asking

I'll bite,
Hydraulic Rack and pinion, Overdrive gear, Trailing arms vs. radiuss rods, a useable bed, in addition to what already got listed.

A-Tech_Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.atechfabrication.com
The weight is not from having doors which open. The weight is from the additional tubes and the guages of those tubes. The chassis is DOM, with a little bit of 4130 sprinkled in, not mild steel. This chassis is lightyears ahead of others when it comes to safety and rigidity.
The addional tubes are to compensate for not having door bars or diagonals. DOM is not a material, it is a production process. The frame is made from mild steel. "light years"? it is overbuilt, nothing light years about that. Heavy years lol!

JerryB

RDC Crypto
This is all fun and entertaining arguing over who makes the better UTV.....CanAm, Polaris, or if the Speed will ever see the light of day as alleged. Why you either love RG or hate him, everyone has their own opinion, most of which posted here, from both sides are clearly biased for one reason or another. With that said, after the worlds, I have to ask, and let me be clear I was NOT THERE so I have no first hand knowledge of what the truth really is, which is why I ask, if anyone here ACTUALLY knows (JP you sound from a previous post to have some personal insight?) what really happened at the race with these penalties?

If any of these statements are incorrect, please straighten me out, with FACTS not your opinion. My FACTS, which I have formulated my opinion are stated below, quoted from UTVWC rulebook.

***Max was entered, in the XX N/A to race both the N/A class as well as Pro Turbo? Some people here mentioned this and he did run qualifying for both classes, so I presume this to be fact.

MEC14: No entrant registered as the Driver of Record may run in more than one class with the one vehicle even though entries are paid in more than one class.

***What is the story with the fueling incident for RG? Did he have "outside assistance" fuel him? Did he fuel outside a designated pit?

MGD5: There is no outside assistance permitted on the UTV World Championship course or near the course during the event except for those UTV World Championship designated areas set-aside for pits and/or gas stops.

***If this alternate line or wash that was used to cut the course was in fact discussed with the racers and clearly identified as a no go area.

MEC15: A marked course is that official route designated by and marked with official UTV World Championship markings. All vehicles must follow this route during the event. No vehicle may deviate from the marked course at any time unless the course is wide enough to pass. Passing is only permitted where there is no vegetation on the side of the course. Short coursing is not permitted and could result in a time penalty or disqualification. Short coursing is defined as any deviation from the marked course for any reason other than passing. No deviation from marked course including passing is permitted in sensitive areas. Deviation from the marked course in these areas could result in disqualification. Sensitive areas are those, which are, marked by UTV World Championship markings and DQ signs. The UTV World Championship is not responsible for markings that are damaged or removed. All vehicles must drive only in the correct direction of the course route or trail.

With this in mind, and the DQ immediately following the race, then the overturning of the DQ and changing it to a time penalty (for at least one if not more infractions of the above quoted rules) is quite shady in my opinion. ESPECIALLY when you factor in RG's comments in his video regarding their 2 DQ's from MM (obviously referring to Mint and now this). If this type of thing continues towards him and his team, he is going to rethink the events he participates in....his words not mine. So taking the above rules, the ruling by the UTVWC competition review board and then RG's comments, it would SEEM maybe MM bowed to the pressure of having a big name and draw to their events possibly taking his ball and going home, because they're enforcing the rules on him like any other schmuck who scrapes up some extra spending cash to come out and race? If this is the case, then shame on MM. Racers like myself, go to an event and expect the promoter to enforce rules equally across the board, whether you're Speed, Herbst, or garage racers like myself and the vast majority of others who pay hard earned money to participate in these events. When a promoter "allegedly," provides preferential treatment to a participant who brings notoriety to the event, donates big prize money or puts up sponsorship money (an amount which for many of us, exceeds our annual racing budget) then this is problematic.

As far as the comments from RG, regarding this incident as well as the Mint, his having no knowledge the rules said I couldn't run without a co-driver, I didn't know we couldn't run that wash, etc.... Bullshyte, he has been making a living in off road racing (and other forms) for what 40 years now? He knows the rules inside and out.

And no I'm not naïve, I understand how the world works and people make money. Promoters can do whatever they want it's their business and we as racers have the ability to make a choice where we race. But this does not make it any more ethical in my opinion. This topic was discussed previously (many times actually here) in another thread "are rules written to be negotiated" and I'll be damned if that thread didn't spend a lot of time talking about MM and RG...... I think I see a pattern

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
The addional tubes are to compensate for not having door bars or diagonals. DOM is not a material, it is a production process. The frame is made from mild steel. "light years"? it is overbuilt, nothing light years about that. Heavy years lol!
Have you read the specs of the steel used in the SPEED chassis? None of the current OEMs come close. I believe they are using .065 tubing. If you have something, anything, to disprove this, please do share.
1634678251752.png

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Can someone tell me what advantage they think they will have with a speed car over a new can am or Polaris. Kawasaki ect. What makes the speed car so far advanced over what you can purchase today that everything else is light years behind. I see heavy duty suspension components and being able to shift on the fly. It still runs a belt drive. Has a turbo and 2cyl motor, runs 32" tires has a steering wheel lol what is so ground breaking about the speed car I am not seeing here. Just asking
TROLL!

You are asking this after you have posted 40-50 times in this thread with all your expert opinions?

sand shark

RDC Crypto
Speed has had several variations , with that they scrapped one and moved to the next like any other oem , the only difference is Speed was public about it and taking money ahead of time which rubs people the wrong way when they're still waiting on a car they paid whatever for back in 2019 at the SSS (in reference to the 4seat XX's) that they haven't received yet to this day. Some food for thought though - Carb testing - if you change anything - lines, clutch calibration, exhaust/intake design etc - you have to re-certify. If engines are being ran on the dyno for calibration purposes yet its a lot farther off than most are wanting to admit.

Polaris is plagued with bringing something to the market to meet demand without due diligence - they're doing it now on the snow side with a recall on already shipped 850 sleds that are prone to engine failure. At some point they need to stop putting the cart before the horse and realize what its costing them in the long run - Canam has killed their market share in the sport/turbo market.
Polaris has been messing with that Pro R for 3 years at least. My friend spotted in Glamis when they were first testing. With Covid supply issues they had an extra year basically. That car was supposed to be release last November at the Parker race.

Speed UTV will not have nearly the amount of testing the OEMs do, if they plan of starting production before the end of the year.

Once the Speed UTV actually gets in the hand of customers the real fun will begin. Test that dealer support network and the warranty stuff. Plus the parts supply.

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
This is all fun and entertaining arguing over who makes the better UTV.....CanAm, Polaris, or if the Speed will ever see the light of day as alleged. Why you either love RG or hate him, everyone has their own opinion, most of which posted here, from both sides are clearly biased for one reason or another. With that said, after the worlds, I have to ask, and let me be clear I was NOT THERE so I have no first hand knowledge of what the truth really is, which is why I ask, if anyone here ACTUALLY knows (JP you sound from a previous post to have some personal insight?) what really happened at the race with these penalties?

If any of these statements are incorrect, please straighten me out, with FACTS not your opinion. My FACTS, which I have formulated my opinion are stated below, quoted from UTVWC rulebook.

***Max was entered, in the XX N/A to race both the N/A class as well as Pro Turbo? Some people here mentioned this and he did run qualifying for both classes, so I presume this to be fact.

MEC14: No entrant registered as the Driver of Record may run in more than one class with the one vehicle even though entries are paid in more than one class.

***What is the story with the fueling incident for RG? Did he have "outside assistance" fuel him? Did he fuel outside a designated pit?

MGD5: There is no outside assistance permitted on the UTV World Championship course or near the course during the event except for those UTV World Championship designated areas set-aside for pits and/or gas stops.

***If this alternate line or wash that was used to cut the course was in fact discussed with the racers and clearly identified as a no go area.

MEC15: A marked course is that official route designated by and marked with official UTV World Championship markings. All vehicles must follow this route during the event. No vehicle may deviate from the marked course at any time unless the course is wide enough to pass. Passing is only permitted where there is no vegetation on the side of the course. Short coursing is not permitted and could result in a time penalty or disqualification. Short coursing is defined as any deviation from the marked course for any reason other than passing. No deviation from marked course including passing is permitted in sensitive areas. Deviation from the marked course in these areas could result in disqualification. Sensitive areas are those, which are, marked by UTV World Championship markings and DQ signs. The UTV World Championship is not responsible for markings that are damaged or removed. All vehicles must drive only in the correct direction of the course route or trail.

With this in mind, and the DQ immediately following the race, then the overturning of the DQ and changing it to a time penalty (for at least one if not more infractions of the above quoted rules) is quite shady in my opinion. ESPECIALLY when you factor in RG's comments in his video regarding their 2 DQ's from MM (obviously referring to Mint and now this). If this type of thing continues towards him and his team, he is going to rethink the events he participates in....his words not mine. So taking the above rules, the ruling by the UTVWC competition review board and then RG's comments, it would SEEM maybe MM bowed to the pressure of having a big name and draw to their events possibly taking his ball and going home, because they're enforcing the rules on him like any other schmuck who scrapes up some extra spending cash to come out and race? If this is the case, then shame on MM. Racers like myself, go to an event and expect the promoter to enforce rules equally across the board, whether you're Speed, Herbst, or garage racers like myself and the vast majority of others who pay hard earned money to participate in these events. When a promoter "allegedly," provides preferential treatment to a participant who brings notoriety to the event, donates big prize money or puts up sponsorship money (an amount which for many of us, exceeds our annual racing budget) then this is problematic.

As far as the comments from RG, regarding this incident as well as the Mint, his having no knowledge the rules said I couldn't run without a co-driver, I didn't know we couldn't run that wash, etc.... Bullshyte, he has been making a living in off road racing (and other forms) for what 40 years now? He knows the rules inside and out.

And no I'm not naïve, I understand how the world works and people make money. Promoters can do whatever they want it's their business and we as racers have the ability to make a choice where we race. But this does not make it any more ethical in my opinion. This topic was discussed previously (many times actually here) in another thread "are rules written to be negotiated" and I'll be damned if that thread didn't spend a lot of time talking about MM and RG...... I think I see a pattern

EN5CbrNXkAIF2Bz.jpg

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
That is correct, DOM is a process, but that process makes the steel stronger then seemed steel. Also the Speed UTV rear shock mount backbone is chromoly plate boxed, as is all the suspension.

So compared to the other manufactures I’d say the Speed is way ahead in quality material used. Does anyone else use DOM in their chassis? What about Chromoly? What about proper wall thickness?

I also would not consider the .095 wall thickness, Speed UTV chassis over built? I would say the others are very under built, and poorly designed especially for the speeds and abuse these vehicles were “designed” for.

I don’t know if I would use the word “Light Years” ahead, but using the word Decade would be a huge compliment, as I don’t see any of the other manufactures stepping up to proper tubing or wall thickness in the next decade. Their bottom line can’t afford it!