Speed Pre-Order

BRUCE8341

Just the length of the tires aline gets you 33 inches over the wheelbase. 41" looks about right. Wheelbase is the axle centers.
Yeah I see what your saying. I was thinking over hang, from rear center to extreme rear was +41. makes sense now.

Robin Hood

You should check out the 110 wheelbase UTT. Robby says it is the ideal wheelbase for Baja and whoops.
Robby and I actually had this discussion and his comment was the 120" WB would be better in baja and the 110 would probably be better at Parker and the Mint.

NIKAL

Only speculating,

It could be that something happened and the video got flagged by YouTube or it was not uploaded and saved properly. I only say this as we had a video pulled as they said there was a copyright issue with some background music in the video one time. Once we took that clip out the video was fine.

Or maybe because they took video footage from Can Am’s new 2021 X3 release and used it in his SpeedUTV weekly show? In most cases you needed to get permission to use someone’s pictures, videos or broadcasts. Maybe RGM got a call to pull the video, as they did not have permission to use clips from the Can Am video footage to compare the X3 to the Speed UTV.

If this is the case maybe they can just edit that part of the video, so they can put it back up to see? There was some other good info in episode 15.

Last edited:

Nessy

It is still on their Facebook page. According to Todd they were putting up a better quality one on youtube.

novaman64

So what all would you need to do to race one of these in Score/BITD?

door bars/sheetmetal
sheetmetal firewall
sheetmetal roof
window nets
fuel cell
weld cage
lights
????

43mod

Can someone edit the speed videos and get rid of 40 min of graphics talk please. I am sure i am missing something.

NIKAL

Can someone edit the speed videos and get rid of 40 min of graphics talk please. I am sure i am missing something.
I have not watched 40 min of graphic talk, but that’s where they are in this production process. Deposit holders are going to be designing their graphics and choosing options on the design configurator in the coming weeks. So that’s an important step in this special order process. If you think about it, it’s pretty cool that you have this option to pick a graphic and colors. All other manufactures call a color or graphic change a new model year and big deal.

It’s been said by Robby over the next few months we will see more finish products, Shock dynos, engine dynos, Testing and everything that it will take to produce this vehicle. So if this part does not interest you, wait a few weeks and I’m sure more technical or design details will be shown & talked about. I suspect the next big performance detail we will learn about is the CVT. They have been pretty quiet on that part, and heard it was due to patents in process. Seat mounts and sliders should be pretty cool compared to what’s out there too.

Bricoop

RG, in a way, is crowd sourcing the design of this. I enjoyed home acknowledging one of the callers made a suggestion that made it to the design. I didn’t catch what he said, did anyone hear it?

NIKAL

RG, in a way, is crowd sourcing the design of this. I enjoyed home acknowledging one of the callers made a suggestion that made it to the design. I didn’t catch what he said, did anyone hear it?
That was me. Weeks ago they were showing the engine & oil filter Cartridge design. I had an idea and called the shop. Robby called me back and after hearing my idea he said it made perfect sense, and the drain plug idea made it into the final design. It’s going to make oil changes much cleaner. Robby’s been very cool & open to ideas. He’s said that’s a part of why they are sharing their designs as sometimes another set of eyes or thoughts can find a better design or idea. Two more of my ideas could end up in the final design, so will see! If you noticed Robby made the comment of me stumping him again.

Bricoop

Certainly should not use XX seat mounting, what a joke . Assuming a November delivery I think a shake down run or three and maybe a 2 week peninsula trip would be good.
Make sure to stop at Glamis over Thanksgiving, sounds like SPEED UTV will be doing some fun stuff. Years ago I visited when RG had his polaris contract and he had about 5 RZRs there that we got to play with. That's also when I learned why so many dislike BLM officers.

dbq61537

Maybe I missed it but...

Which series will the SpeedXX, be legal for?

BITD, Dakar, ShortCourse...and how Street legal?????

And is it ready, out of the box?