Speed Sports Expo - Worth It?

TDORSloppy

Reaction
So is it? I heard from several people theres only a couple trucks and not very much off-road related stuff. Are any race teams there? Give some info because I'm planning on driving up from SD tomorrow.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I thought it was a waste of time. $8 for parking, $8 to get in. There was the Baja Shop Truggy, Class 7s truck, Riviera Prerunner, some nice sandrails, and some rice rockets. Not worth my 30 min drive so don't think its worth yours from San Diego. We got there about 10am and saw everything twice by 12.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
$17 for parking since regular parking got filled and $7 to get in....complete waste of time and money. Wait for the real off road show in October. Wait a minute...not a complete waste...I got a free koozy! No real vehicles to look at besides Riviera prerunner.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
It was a rather smaller show, most exhibitors I talked to call it a success. Some nice race cars and prerunners on display among some "other sports" go fast toys.
A good mix, but should have been 2-4 times the size. Maybe next year it will be.

Bonzen

Reaction
We had a good time hanging with everyone at the show, too many people to list them all. I was at the Prerunners.com booth. Jen and Greg rule! The show was a complete success for our group as well. Some pretty sic rides, but just not alot of them. I understand why some people were pissed at the parking situation...... 8 dollars every day even for venders, but what are you gonna do? Can't wait for the Off-Road Expo, it should be HUGE!

Thanks to everyone who bought a video and/or stopped by to hang out.

-Ryan

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
We had a great time the two days we were there, but I could also see how it would be a little disappointing for people who came to see the show. A ton of people came through the doors over the weekend, so it was great for us (we were promoting the Rialto Offroad Raceway), but it would have been nice to have more to look at! The Home and Garden show next door was great :)

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>