Speed Sports Expo

Motorider

Reaction
Is anyone going to go to the Speed Sports Expo this weekend. On their website they said the Hawian Tropic girls are going to be there.

slimjim

Reaction
i was thinking about going on sunday. with this Hawaiian Tropic news - it's a sure thing now.

put on your seatbelt...

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Anybody from OC or LA rolling down to this expo? I am thinking about heading down there but not alone..

Jordan

Reaction
I might go..let me know when you were thinking I was thinking maybe sunday..

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com>JordansRealm.com</A>

NOODLE

Reaction
A waste of gas money that could have been spent to go to barstow or ocotillo. Thought I would give it a chance since i wanted to see Ivans truck but other than that and a protruck of his, not worth the $9 bucks to get in.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

Project1500

Reaction
Thats what I was kind of thinking. I didnt see it worth the hour drive at 10mpg. Thanks I wont go Sunday then.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Last year was no bueno...besides the Riviera Prerunner, it was a total waste and we had to pay valet (wouldnt let a superduty in reg parking) as well as a too high entry fee. I would say Off Road Expo is the only offroad show to attend and get your money worth.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

NOODLE

Reaction
yeah, dont even bother. it sucked. i forgot to mention all of the nosebleed trucks there. If your into them, then the 100x100ft. show is right up your alley.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I was disapointed with last years so I won't be attending this years..

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

slimjim

Reaction
yeah, it sucked. ivans truck was about the only cool thing. highlight for me was talking to a highway patrol officer who told me that ford is discontinuing production of the crown victoria, and cops around the country are having a hard time finding a siutable rear wheel drive replacement. sounds like an opportunity to market a law enforcement only vehicle. cheap, 4 doors, v8 with balls, and rear wheel drive are the main ingredients. i got 5 on it.

put on your seatbelt...

martininsocal

Reaction
You guys should have spent your money heading to Barstow and stopping at the CORVA show in V-Ville on the way, at least that money is being used for you right to recreate on public land. The show was small(we may have been too early Saturday, saw lots of trailers and trucks heading in while we were on our way out), but there is potential. Especially with a dirt track there. Can you imagine what it could be like with a time trial during the show for all the folks with prerunner, buggies, etc..?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

BlaZair

Reaction
Its all about this.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.offroadexpo.com/>http://www.offroadexpo.com/</A>

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Kinda OT, but I went to the "Crusing Pasadena" custom car and rod show up here by my casa on Sunday... about 200 beautiful cars there!

Even one guy doing custom pinstriping "while you wait". I watched him for about an hour do his thing.

-Gabe

Tomack

Reaction
I think that guy travels around. Was his name Dave Sharpie or something like that. If it is he does alot of street rods.

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

Paige

Reaction
Martin - I didn't see at CORVA's Expo- too bad I missed you - was there all day Sat working the show. the Expo was small, but for a good cause - hopefully if we do it again next year - it will be much bigger.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

DougM

Reaction
Speed Sports Expo was a waste of $9.. too many nosebleed trucks, assorted crap that had nothing to

Only 1 show is worth that money and its in October--ORExpo!

martininsocal

Reaction
Paige- I looked for you, didn't see you. Talked to Jennifer Foster, was kinda sad she didn't bring the mules. Were you in the "family" Pic? I am glad to see that Horse folks, Mners, Rckhounds, etc... were all represented.
I got my WEMO package today. You read through it yet? It is clearly an attack on Motorized vehicle use. And they even included all the complaints from that Dumb A$$ at El Mirage and Edwards Bowl. That 1 guy has an entire area planned around his noise and dust compliant.
Still trying to find out where not driving in the desert is going to save the tortoise.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Reaction
I was wondering around actually, taking care of the media folks - wasn't in the "family" pic, guessed I missed out - but I don't know if I want documented proof of how much orange I was sportin on Sat.

Spoke with Jen too, along with seveal other of our peeps. Did you hear about Jeri? If not PM me and I'll tell you what I hear this weekend.

I haven't gotten my WEMO package - I better make sure Haigh has my address correct. I did get the fax about the upcoming public meetings - you going?

I have been invited to appear on a talk show regarding land use - will let you know when I get it scheduled!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>