Speed Technologies celebrates a pair of victories at a rough weekend at the track

D4D

Reaction
Lake Elsinore was an up and down weekend for the Speed Technologies team sponsored by Bully Dog. Saturday was rough as the team struggled with the set-up for the fast and slick track as well as with a new Unlimited Lite truck built by Jimco. And as if the tuning and sorting was not enough, a large dust devil ripped through the team’s pit following the Unlimited 2 race. The small twister wreaked havoc destroying a number of tents and canopies. Luckily no one was hurt by flying debris.

Sunday morning did not start any better. Team driver Chuck Dempsey was injured during Unlimited Lite practice when his Lite truck came down on its nose and then rolled a number of times. When it came to rest, Chuck had to be helped from the truck and was then taken to the hospital where he was diagnosed with a compound fracture to his right foot, an accident that will most likely sideline the driver for some time. The team being true professionals put their game faces on and pushed forward to honor their close friend and driver.
In Unlimited 2, Jeff Ward started at the back of the pack on the last row. Each and every lap of the race he gave it everything he had and with just a few laps left he was sitting in fourth and then a late full course caution came out due to an accident. Following the yellow flag, Jeff’s Good Year tires were ideal for the conditions. At the drop of the green he quickly started to move up, for the last lap and a half he pushed hard for the lead and finally got it at the last possible second coming out of the last turn on the final lap. The auto and motorcycle racing legend had now achieved his first victory in off road, more are sure to follow.
Not wanting to let his team mate take all the glory, John Harrah drove an amazing race in the SuperLite class. In a hard fought battle with a number of drivers John was able to stand atop the podium yet again and was able to leave the weekend maintaining the championship points lead.
For more information and to keep tabs of the Speed Technologies team visit www.bullydoghideout.com

LukeHuff

Reaction
compound fracture! thats not good. haha he must of hit hard for his bone to break through his skin. Tell him i wish him a quick recovery!!

Nash!

Reaction
And as if the tuning and sorting was not enough, a large dust devil ripped through the team’s pit following the Unlimited 2 race. The small twister wreaked havoc destroying a number of tents and canopies. Luckily no one was hurt by flying debris.
I just happen to be filming the twister from the Goodyear hauler as we lost our awning at Surprise,AZ and I had a feeling somebody was going to lose one on that day. Unfortunately I stopped filming too soon as about 30 seconds after I stopped; I watched your awning go up in the air. All I could think of was I hope no one was hurt.

So if it makes you feel better, at least you can see what it looked like just prior to the destruction.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnO3Y4Mlra8"]YouTube - LOORRS-Lake Elsinore-6/27/2009-Dust Devil[/ame]