Speedworld Test weekend, April 18th and 19th

Volkspower Racing

Reaction
Just wanted to pass on the Speedworld will be holding a 2 day test weekend April 18th and 19th for all the racers to check out the new track and get ready for rounds #3 and #4.

Trucks and Buggies will be $200 per day, carts and UTV's will be $50 per day, plus there will be a $10 spectator fee.

Please use the new entrance off of Happy Valley road to enter the track.

Any questions you can call Dan at Speedworld at 602-332-7361

prolite#7

Reaction
Who's coming to practice this weekend ?? Should we bring the race support fab trailer if you break? WELCOME TO ARIZONA

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
I plan to be there one Sunday, I also believe both Jimco Unlimited Lites will be there as I will be helping them with set up.
I also hope to get my daughter a little seat time in here new Trophy Kart.
Rob

Wingman357

Reaction
Here's a few shots of the buggies at Speedworld this morning. Track looks pretty sweet. Track builder is walking through pits asking drivers where and what adjustments should be made. Pretty nice guy. Lots of work has been put into that track, hopefully everyone has fun out there.

Attachments

450grl

Reaction
We will be heading out there tomorrow....should be fun!!! :)

450grl

Reaction
Went out today and spent all day at the new Speedworld track - FUN!!! Nice dirt, fun corners, really wide......turn 2 will reach up and get you if you aren't careful, but it keeps you on your toes!! I had fun through the whoops....there were about 3 rows of them, side by side...and staggered...so my favorite line of the day was straddling two sets and testing out my suspension - lol!

What amazes me is.....how sore/tired I get after being in my car all day. Why is that?? I have great suspension, I don't usually wreck...but I'm almost as sore today as I am when I practice MX on my quad all day! Weird......

Anyway - thanks Speedworld....oh! and it was great having an Ambulance and a Heli on site just in case something happened......but also great that no one needed them! : )

prolite#7

Reaction
I also just returned from speedworld , looks like the track is working well ,a couple of changes in turns 1 and 3 will be widened. Dan did a fantastic job moving a lot of dirt and preparing this track. This is going to a great place to race hope my prolite is ready or I maybe driving a single buggy watch out jeff k :)

desertjunky

Reaction
took the kids out to watch today. this should be a awsome track to watch for the spectators lots of action. can not wait to see the door to door action.

LORENZ

Reaction
What amazes me is.....how sore/tired I get after being in my car all day. Why is that?? I have great suspension, I don't usually wreck...but I'm almost as sore today as I am when I practice MX on my quad all day! Weird......)
Protein and Hydrate. Sounds like you got the first signs of dehydration. Suzy bonked this weekend from standing in the sun for a day behind a camera... Obviously no reason to be sore behind a camera, but it happened. She wasn't drinking enough early in the day.

ryant35

Reaction
Protein and Hydrate. Sounds like you got the first signs of dehydration. Suzy bonked this weekend from standing in the sun for a day behind a camera... Obviously no reason to be sore behind a camera, but it happened. She wasn't drinking enough early in the day.
For us photographers, we don't get into the shade all that often, especially back when CORR had the live TV at the events. Sometimes I couldn't even get lunch until 4. There is no such thing as too much water, I carry a small soft side cooler with a shoulder strap.

Last year CORR at Primm is was 105 to 115 depending on who you ask, that weekend I drank a 24 pack of 16oz water bottles and it still took me a week to recover.

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
I had a great day out there Sunday, want to thank Mike and his crew from Jimco for letting me drive their trucks. Very nice trucks, very capable of winning/running up front.

I enjoyed the track, I really like every thing from turn 2 to the end of the front straight. Especially turn 3 with the option line, I think will be a great turn for racing.
There will be modifications to turn one from what I understand and the track most likely will be lengthened and widened a bit where needed.

Rob

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
Rob, how did the new Kart driver do?
She was having a great time and getting a feel for the kart, up until it tossed the belt and it wrapped up in the chain and sprocket locking it up.
Super Chuck is sending me all the hot rod parts for the clutch and drive train so hopefully that helps eliminate some of the headache.
But my daughter is excited about getting involved with the TK racing and I think she will have a great time being part of the "show" and getting to know the other kids.
And of course no pressure this year, I told her she doesn't have to win until next year!;) Just kidding, we are doing this strictly for fun. I believe there are life long lessons learned when kids are involved in racing and the racing community and that's what its about for us.
Rob

scott creed

Reaction
rob let us know if we can help in any way i have alot of parts in the trailer if you need anything for your kart

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
I met with Dan and Tony V. at Speedworld yesterday and we made some track changes.
The track is now longer and wider, gone is the 180 deg. first turn, it now goes past the original first turn with a falling jump into a 90 deg turn, there is a straight away leading to a flat 180 deg. turn then another straight away leading to a 90 deg. turn back onto where the old first turn exited. This turn should have a rising/falling apex (using the old first turn bank).
I spoke with Tony last night and he was excited about the new changes.
I believe these changes will make for better racing, less carnage on the starts, will increase speeds in front of the crowd, and make for more passing opportunities.
Dan's Crew has done an excellent job building us a very good race track and I can't wait to race it.
See you there.
Rob

scottm

Reaction
After the Lorr event, what will they do with the track? Any chance of open practice days for off road trucks?

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Reaction
After the Lorr event, what will they do with the track? Any chance of open practice days for off road trucks?
As far as I know, desert vehicles have been welcome at every practice Speedworld has had over the last year.
I know Dan, the owner of this track, would love to see more racing organizations and groups use this race track, Desert, utv/side by side, trophy karts, short course, you name it.
Contact Dan at 602 332-7361