Spindle Lift

gundi

Reaction
Looking to install a spindle lift on my 2003 2wd 1500 HD Silverado.

Found a fairly inexpensive kit that comes with 4 in spindles, 3 in coils, upper control arms, 4 in blocks with u bolts, and front and rear shocks for $700. Kit is made by DAVR.

Found the ad here on race-dezert as well as craigs list and wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about the company. Is it a good product that will last or am I wasting my time and money?

loufish

Reaction
Never heard of them....
I don't recommend low ball spindles, find some quality ones even though they cost more....Having a front end fail is no fun...

I also recommend staying away from 4" blocks...too much leverage equals too much spring wrap...

Reaction
Agreed on DAVR. Never heard of them. Also based on what you said your truck is, 1500HD 2wd, your going to be a torsion suspension which means no coils like you stated. Stick with what Matt says. He knows his stuff. Take a look at CST for something mild and then some indexed torsion keys and longer shocks to complete the set up.

tool46n2

Reaction
Agreed on DAVR. Never heard of them. Also based on what you said your truck is, 1500HD 2wd, your going to be a torsion suspension which means no coils like you stated. Stick with what Matt says. He knows his stuff. Take a look at CST for something mild and then some indexed torsion keys and longer shocks to complete the set up.

X2! Seen the add in the classifieds, It looks like a CST knock off anyways. Just spend the money for a trusted name.:)