spindle snout/hub recommendations?

bob1979

Reaction
Hi. Noob here. Some experience with trucks but not a ton.

I am planning to put together a custom prerunner-type truck. 2wd. Think "tough truck contest" kind of abuse. Medium amount of suspension travel. It won't get driven 20,000 street miles but the air bumps will definitely get used.

The tires will stay smallish for the sake of durability. 31-33's at the most. Definitely not 35+. I would rather compromise on traction and not be breaking as much stuff.

I want IFS A-arms rather than beams on the front. Any suggestions for a decent strong bolt-on spindle snout? What might I need for this, or not need? OEM or aftermarket is okay. I'm just trying to figure out what the smart buy is.

Should I be considering any kind of OEM unit bearings? I assume no.

51rcr

Reaction
cost ya probly a couple grand, cone, camburg. lots of companies out there

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
D44, mildly heavy, cost effective and very proven. There are a couple places that make mounting blocks for them if you want to build your own uprights. Unit bearing will be about the same weight buy the time you put in the dummy axle to hold them together. Dodge 1500 ones are 5X5.5

EOR1488

Reaction
D44 is fine if u keep smaller tire and much cheaper then a 2” hollow about and hub

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

isdtbower

Reaction
Newer Ford F450 units are what many are going to. Spidertrax makes one with a hardened sleeve so they last longer (Stock can collapse and loosen the bearings). Seems like there should be something in that class of truck that could take a good hit.