Spindle

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I need a good aftermarket spindle setup that is not cast Iron. It is not for a straet truck. What I want Is a Spindle and Hub assymbly combo that I can weld to and modify the Spindle. Thought about just buying the Jimco Spindles listed in McKenzie's, the 4130 option. Any Suggestions, such as Stock car products, etc. I can Machine the spindle myself, but I Don't want to for this car.

Also is there a Spindle lift for 77 chevy 2wd. IF not what year would be the best to change the spindle to so it would match up to the arms. Seen it done on the Temecula off road red chevy, havent had a chance to ask him which one was on his truck.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

Racing5150Guy

Reaction
i have a 77 chevy with a 3" spindle lift. what we did was buy the 1996 chevy 3" spindle and brakes. the lower ball joint for the 96' is alot bigger so we welded a 1/4" plate under the arm and drilled it out to press in the 96' ball joint. then the top ball joint is the same for all chevy trucks. and the tie rod hole in the spindle is small enough to drill and tapper the hole the opisite direction for the 77' steering setup. hope that helped. if you have any questions call me at 760-518-6971

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I might be looking for something similar for the new prerunner I am going to build. I would like to use verticle uni balls for the upper and lower. Currently on my 7 Toyota race truck I used Bullseye 3" Chevy lift spindles with uni balls. That is a cast spindle though so you can't weld to it. A friend told me you can use a full size Ford spindle and build your own uprights for them(using chromoly plate to make it accept vertical uni balls) and that spindle is a junk yard part. He said its 5 on 5.5 but my rear end is a 5 on 5 from stock car products. I would like to keep them the same. This will be on a T-100 that I am going to build completely new arms and frame for like I did on my race truck.
If anyone can recomend a spindle that could be modified for both of our applications that would be great. or if someone sells something that could be used for a build it yourself spindle.

for the 77 chevy, maybe look into Bullseye spindles. I know they make later model ones.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
You can take the ford spindle idea and buy one of the hubs from SCP that is 5 on 5 pattern. I'm not sure what you are going to be doing as far as brakes, but if you will be upgrading them anyway...

Racing5150Guy

Reaction
i looked at bullseye spindles for the 77' and i know back in the day they didnt have them. that was like 3 years ago though. ask mark newhann i belive he is the spindle guy.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Thanks for the info on the 96' spindles 5150.

?is there a web site for SCP and I am assuming that Ford spindles are made from something other than cast Iron?? I would like something lighter than a full size spindle setup though, something that i could plate and make stronger. ie why i originally wanted to go with the jimco setup. Thanks

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

AZmiik

Reaction
SCP has a full line of spindle snouts hubs and rotor hats. I thounk you should be able to find what you want there. Here is a link to there site.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stockcarproducts.com/>http://www.stockcarproducts.com/</A>

Mike