spindles

BigD

Reaction
im gettin the CST long travel kit for my F150 and i need to know what kind of spindle is the strongest. Are Bullseye and Fabtech the same thing?? are their any other companies?? ive got the hnm ones right now but the front end will be too wide if i keep them on....i need some opinions. thanks, D

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I would keep the HnM ones. They are by far the best, if they are there billet ones.

BigD

Reaction
jerry, i would but the front end would be ridiculously wide...about 5" per side. I'd have to get new fenders as well, im goin for the low pro look. So whatta u think, what company should I get???

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Stay with the H&M's and get wheels with a different offset. I am sure the offset you are running now is adding to the width so there should be plenty of room to work with provided the wheel can clear all the parts on the inside.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

BigD

Reaction
im running a standard 16x8 american racing rim with a 35 inch project. the spindle itself is just like the ones camburg makes for the ranger. the spindle alone widens it 13/4" on each side...I dont think keeping the spindle is really an option, i unfortunately dont have the money to be spending on new rims or glass. so bullseye or fabtech????

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
But you have money for new spindles? I guess you need the right name on your wheels.. Look- a- likes are just as good and are very low in cost. I am not sure selling the spindles you have now is going to bring you the money for the others. Not to mention you state they are only add 1 3/4" to each side. You most likely have some negative offset in the wheels you have now which I am guessing to be around 1 to 2"s .

So let say you have a wheel with a 2" negative offset and switch to a 2" positive offset. You have now just narrowed the width 4"s per side. How much do you think you are going to get out of new spindles? I bet no more than 1 3/4"s per side ... So now you still have to buy new glass fenders.. If you find a production spindle that narrows the front 4" per side I sure would like to see it.

Just trying to help you out and maybe save you some time looking for a part you will never find.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

BigD

Reaction
i think your gettin way mixed up here. ALL im askin is for the stronger spindle between a fabtech and bullseye... I know what im looking for and maybe I didnt word things right. I realize the hnm spindle is stronger, but if i run their spindle my front will be too wide!!! In response to the american racing rims, i actually bought them used because i couldnt afford new ones....im just tryin to save a buck and get an opinion, not looking for a lecture.

motoxscott

Reaction
Dont quote me on it, but I think the Fabtech and Bullseye spindles are the same thing, just sold under different names. The tooling and design costs are pretty high, its cheaper for Fabtech to just purchase them through the maker.

I could be wrong though.

BigD

Reaction
i wasnt positive if bullseye was in fact makin spindles for all those companies. I really do appreciate the info. As far as keeping the hnm's, i'm really not into it. they are a GREAT product without a doubt, but ive already had a number of offers to trade spindles straight across. if i kept the spindles with the arms im getting my tire would blast right through my fiberglass. As much as I would love to, i cant afford to go too big with this project. if i was goin to get more involved with this project and get a new wider rear end i would definitely keep them and get new glass, but this is for mex trips and mild prerunning. i dont got the sac to boost like a lot of you guys ;) ps- I'll post some pics when I throw everything on...should be pretty cool.

Donahoe

Reaction
No Fabtech Makes there own spindls.. I personally think they are the BEST Cast spindle out there... But you cant go wrong with a welded Billet one... Just becuse CHICKS DIG EM!!

NEVER LIFT!!!!!