sponsirship

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
HI my brother and I are almost done building our class 5 unlimted bug.And i was wondering if any of you knew of any company's that would like to sponsor someone for racing.If you do let me know.You can post back on here or email me at CALI_MIKE_15@yahoo.com.Thanks mike.

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I think everybody in here is looking for a sponsorship!

See ya in the dirt!

rdc

Reaction
Well do you know any company's that are looking to sponsor a race team?

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

rdc

Reaction
What are good company's to get sponsored by?Got any idea's?

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
re "Well do you know any company's that are looking to sponsor a race team?"

Well since I'm a "race team", and I'm also on another "race team", I too would love to have a sponsorship as well as everyone else here that races. Unfortunately most of us pay out of our own pocket to race in the sport we love. But if I happen to bump into a Plethera(sp) of extra's, I'll throw one your way!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Anyone! lol Dont be picky.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

PLS

Reaction
We have our best luck with friends that have or manage their own business. None of our sponsors are related to off-road or racing. They mainly help out due to long friendships. Talk to everyone you know.
Pete- BOYD RACING

rdc

Reaction
Yeah thats what im trying to do right now with an online company that my friends dad owns that i have known for like 15 years.So hopefully things will work out.

b,jc.hk./;/ljk/LGKK

martininsocal

Reaction
Mike- your first stop should be joining a pit support team. That will get you started in the right direction. Lots of contacts and having the support of a club looks much better when approaching sponsors who want to see success, and that comes easier when you have large amounts of pit support. Next, look at one of the big tire companies that support Offroad Racing. BFGoodrich has always been a great supporter of racers and they go out of their way to help even small teams. Mickey Thompson has entered the fray lately and they are offering deals on tires and rims as well as contingency monies that are pretty high.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

btshannon

Reaction
( sponsorship )

My own taste for the hops is very powerful, and I had no intention of spending a beerless weekend...

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Mike-

My suggestion for sponsorship; Start small. Baby steps.

Do your homework. Approach a company who could potentially benefit from supporting your race effort. A business in your area, or in the area of where the races you compete in are held. Be prepared to display your race car (when possible) and handout promotional materials to help generate traffic and interest in the sponsors business. When the races are in town, they are almost guaranteed additional traffic.

Just as Pete stated, talk to everyone! You never know if you are talking to a business owner, or an assistant to an executive who's company might be willing to be involved with your effort. In many cases, you might gain someone's interest just because they are a fan of motorsports. Businesses will use the sponsorship as a write-off to advertisiing, so they will expect something (exposure) in return.

Sponsorship can come in many forms:
• Gas credit card (for race weekend travel expenses ONLY. Sponsor may set a $ limit)
• Team Apparel (your sponsor(s) covers cost of apparel, features your team logo, sponsor(s) logo and web addy/phone #. MUST wear at all team functions)
• Race Weekend Accomodations (i.e; hotel rooms, RV rental)

Sponsors to target:
Think of products or services that EVERYONE can use;
• Restaurants
• Body/Paint Shops
• Auto Dealerships (New and used)
• Entertainment Centers (Miniature Golf/Arcades, etc.)

Always represent yourself and your race team well. Develop a logo, have business cards made (so when you come in contact with potential sponsors, you're not scrambling to write your phone number on the back of a bubble gum wrapper!) Or if someone invites you to display your race car at a local car show, they'll have a way to get ahold of you.

When you DO land a sponsorship, request that they do cross-promotion featuring your race team. Example: "Big Al's Pizza Joint. Proud sponsor of the Gener Bros. Off-Road Racing Team." This could be done as a menu insert, or a table top display.

There are LOTZ of creative ways to generate sponsor interest. However, first things first. Enter races. Finish races. Establish yourself in the series you will be competing in. Then, you'll have a track record to talk about.

I hope you find this info useful.

Best of luck. Welcome to the DEZ! We look forward to seeing you run!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Check out Davis Motorsports website, it is laid out nicely for prospective sponsors. Think about maybe doing the same thing.

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the above site. kris@dmsrace.com

Kris