Sportsmanship at V2R-Thanks Maxxis Tires

Wendell #527

Reaction
OK, We did a driver change at Pit 5 on Day 3. I jump in, and start belting up. My crew notices my rear beam is cracked. Both my welding chasers are at other pits. Maxxis Tire is pitting right across the street, though. My crew asks them if they can weld us up. We drove across the street, they had everything ready, die-grinding and welding it up and we were on our way in less than 4 minutes to take 2nd place in Sportsman Buggy. By the way, I don't run Maxxis Tires. Maybe I will now. They were very cool. Thanks, Maxxis.

If anybody else has stories like this maybe they can post them here.

Also thanks to Ventura 4x4 Center for building an industructible and very powerful Type IV motor and all my buddies with Riff-Raff Desert Racing for their support!

handlebar

Reaction
BFG mounted two GENERAL TIRES for two cases of MONSTER for us,thanks guys

ProfessionalPitMan

Reaction
There was so much sportsmanship, I saw a lot of cool stuff out there. I know being shorthanded at a pit, I grabbed a couple of guys from the Competitive Metals crew on Saturday at Pit 5 (I think it was pit 5, can't really remember) to help me dump some fuel. Later on, noticed they sponsored a fellow 7200 truck. Definitely a life saver.

Mahller

Reaction
We (1829) took an alternator out to the mcmillin 16 car 40 miles out of the pit and saw their whole crew cheering us on at the next pit. Got some help at pit 5 day 3 from some guys who helped us gas up the car which was awesome.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
btw wendell, are you still racing more?! i havent seen you for a couple of races... were car 1322.. i still have that budweiser you gave me last year.. :)

Wendell #527

Reaction
btw wendell, are you still racing more?! i havent seen you for a couple of races... were car 1322.. i still have that budweiser you gave me last year.. :)

We're definitely still racing MORE. Our pocket book made us take a couple races off because of this 1000 mile race. I saw that you took first in our class in the July race---congradulations! My car is pretty tore up right now, so the Sept. race is questionable. For sure we'll be at the Powder Puff and the Toys for Tots races. Always good to see you guys out there. If my car isn't done in time for the Sept. race we'll probably go to spectate. See you then and good luck.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Congrats on finishinf all 3 days Wendell. See you at the PP

Reaction
2nd day, 14 miles out of pit 3, we went into a corner a little fast in the RumbleGoat Racing 7302 Ranger and flopped it up on it's side. We were ready to try and use our hi-lift to flop it back over on its wheels when an orange full size bronco came up behind us. I'm new to this so I don't recall the class or truck number, sorry. They backed up to us, hooked up a strap and yarded us back onto all fours.

Thanks guys!

John

Stimpy

Reaction
While being nerfed,By a Trophy! The race truck lost its jack. We strapped the chase trucks jack on the truck. Then lost it in a roll-over. Creighton at Maxxis loaned us a floor jack for two days so the chase truck could do tire changes.( We strapped a bottle jack inside the truck!) We run BFGs!

After flopping on its side. The Herbst Truggy stopped and flipped our truck back on its wheels!

Thank you both so very much! With out this help we wouldn't have Been able to make the finish!

Oh,....By the way. We WON class 7100!!!!!

Thank You Again! The whole crew of the black Doetsch-Tech Ranger #7130.

Fourstroker

Reaction
The Landshark stopping to pull over a 7100 truck. Extremely classy move in my opinion.

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
... We were ready to try and use our hi-lift to flop it back over on its wheels when an orange full size bronco came up behind us. I'm new to this so I don't recall the class or truck number, sorry. They backed up to us, hooked up a strap and yarded us back onto all fours.

Thanks guys!

John

sounds like the 4102, John Sunderland's truck....

07FJRog

Reaction
great stories and great sportsmanship.

Team Todo En

Reaction
We (1829) took an alternator out to the mcmillin 16 car 40 miles out of the pit and saw their whole crew cheering us on at the next pit. Got some help at pit 5 day 3 from some guys who helped us gas up the car which was awesome.
Alright Mahller! That was Lee Bannings crew that helped with the fuel dump & tire change day 3 - thanks again guys! Also thanks to Mike Alden in 1821 for up-righting us around mm45. Looks like that axle housing repair day 2 pit 7 held up for them. WTG guys!

doug38s

Reaction
Creightons top notch all the the way around. I switched to Maxxis and told Creighton if he ever leaves I'm going with him. Best dude in the dirt bar none and doesnt ask anything from anyone, cept maybe a spin on a pit bike.

Laurie

Reaction
We (7251) blew our transmission around race mile 199, it took us until about 2:30 am to get the truck back to camp. BFG was still up helping people and let us worked until finished at 5:30 am. A couple of there guys stayed up and helped us.

Unfortunately we blew the engine 30 miles into the second day.