spot tracker info

randy s

Reaction
will any teams use this system independantly while racing in the 500? seems like a good deal regarding the status of the racecar to team members spread out all over the place. i don't know too much about the things. thanks in advance.

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
The DA uses it on there race cars and while prerunning. It is a great system and has hepled us in the past. PAB used it on the RIP and i tracked him the whole way and was able to tell the chase truck where they were at all times.

TCRAFT

Reaction
We will have it in our chase trucks....

baja619

Reaction
We have a pair that we will put to good use during preruns and racing.

HEY CodyS, how do you guys secure the Spot Traker to bikes / bike riders?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction

Zip tied to the backpack works best. Bruce has his in the front, PAB's is tied in the back.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction

We secure ours to the rear fender facing up. (ATV) It will work from the inside of your fanny pack.

randy s

Reaction
Where is a good place to get these? I would love to get it for my cars and chase trucks. Thanks!
google search "spot tracker". they have the whole enchilada for info.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Got it. Just ordered one for the race car. The tracking deal seems pretty cool. Sure would be nice to know that my crew knows where the car is at all times.

You racin' the 5-hundy?

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Support those the support the sport. I buy ALL my off road related electronics from PCI Race Radios in Signal Hill.

KC Amigo

Reaction
We use them in the race cars and in the chasers. Theyre the best thing since sliced bread. no more wondering where the heck everyone is. One thing though if you are using a lowrance GPS you need to make sure the coordinate system is set to the same as the SPOT so you can see exactly where they are. I think that the Lowrance default is degrees/minutes and you need to change it to just degrees. We broke once under some powerlines and couldnt get any radio transmissions out because of the interference, we hit the help button on the SPOT , our chase crew got the message and found us in no time flat. Check if there arent any coupons. Last year they gave out coupons which made it really cheap.

KC Amigo

Reaction
Another thing,
Keep the black SPOT logo pointed at the sky. The tracking feature works better this way.

Rick 1634

Reaction
Great little device, been using it all year.

Wingman357

Reaction
Spot is a racers best friend and a great piece of mid. I originally got one for work down on the AZ\US border fence. My wife was super worried about me and this really helped. I now use it for all races and everyday in the field. Does anyone rent them out??

SKISPEED

Reaction
we used ours recently at the mexico rocky point race and it kept track of us everywhere we went. I need to buy a sat card for my laptop so that we can use the tracking map in the chase truck. Otherwise my laptop just sat in the hotel room and was considered a last resort to locate us if we didnt show up at the finish line at the time agreeded upon. Very cool device. I got mine throught the recent Robby Gordon promotion.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
Has been a nice backup for us, so when all my friends and family think that I broke because IRC quit working, they can check SPOT and see that I am still running.