spring under vs spring over

F1shifty

Reaction
ok rookie question, ive been told its mostly better to run spring under on pre runner type applications but im curious as to why? seems liek a spring would work just the same either way but im no pro. i know its supposed to help with axle wrap but can anybody give a little more input why?? thanks

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
i think it has alot to do with rebound and compression too. dont remember the specifics do a search on the subject.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
more wheel travel......more up travel from ride height.......less wheel hop and wrap up.....and all this while maintaining a super low ride height with a large arched pack.

just call scotty at deaver and tell him i sent ya! ;)

LIL ROG

Reaction
yea all i have heard is more up travel as matt had said but I think if your running springs this would be the best way to go. IMO

mpower

Reaction
more wheel travel......more up travel from ride height.......less wheel hop and wrap up.....and all this while maintaining a super low ride height with a large arched pack.

i assume u ment this statement to apply to a tension shackle setup?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
well either way but im not personally a fan of flopping shackles per say. i prefer them "the normal way" lol.

Erik Wehn

Reaction

Call Scotty? That guy doesn't know anything....lol

Giant Geoff

Reaction
Anyone can call me to explain the spring under setups if you like.
I’m a shop guy, I can’t write an online novel.

Erik Wehn

Reaction
whoa! what rock you been hidin under?! wheres the yota these days?
the school and work rock. i was going into debt trying to be cool like you guys, had to get my ish together. i saw people are going to scott for spring advice and felt like maybe i was needed.. ;P

the truck is starting to go back together... something might happen next season with any luck.