sprocket

peezy

Reaction
i dont know for sure what read sprocket i have yet but, would TYC chain, Sunstar 48 tooth rear sprocket and Renthal 14 tooth front sprocket be good?

and not about a sprocket but for a front tire, what should i get for riding trails/dezert some sand and some track? like soft tires, hard, middle?

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
i dont know for sure what read sprocket i have yet but, would TYC chain, Sunstar 48 tooth rear sprocket and Renthal 14 tooth front sprocket be good?

and not about a sprocket but for a front tire, what should i get for riding trails/dezert some sand and some track? like soft tires, hard, middle?
dunlop geo51 or bridgestone 403

Dezertpilot

Reaction
The best sprockets made are the Ironman by Dirt Tricks...........follow link http://www.dirttricks.com/ordering_sprockets.htm and check out their combo deals on the bottom with a Regina chain. My favorite front tire is a Michellin S-12.
I personally like the Supersprox. I have had one now on my bike for a little over 62 hours and it has held up great! Plus they look trick to boot! I even believe the Supersprox is cheaper than an Ironman sprocket.

Baja Fool

Reaction

My favorite is Krause's Sidewinder...I'm sorry, mine on my Banshee and xr650, while a little pricey just don't wear out.

http://sidewindersprockets.com/

peezy

Reaction
i am not looking for brand right know, but more like how many teeth on the front and rear sproket????

Dezertpilot

Reaction
14/48 is pretty common desert gearing.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
i am not looking for brand right know, but more like how many teeth on the front and rear sproket????
What is on the bike now? How does the bike run with that gearing (what's on the bike now)?
What are you looking for? More top end speed? MotoCross gearing?
I wouldn't change anything if I was unsure of what the outcome would be. Remember, once you cut/shorten the chain, there's no going back to what you had!

57Racer

Reaction
ditto on on 14/48....anything steel will last you awhile too.

Sparky

Reaction
Dunlop D745. Went with that at the recommendation of their rep and I could not be happier. That tire loves everything I throw at it in the desert. Have over 100 miles on it so far and it still looks great.