Sprot Trax 450R

sirhk100

Reaction
The frame looks familiar but like all of the new quads I don't like the plastics... Banshee and 88-89250R are still the best plastics to date in my opinion. (I'll put one of those next to my 700CC atk with the paddle when I'm rich!!!)

JeffS

Reaction
AWESOME !!

How about a link to the site that had those pics... and some specs ?

Thanks.

Brice

Reaction
i dunno but im not that impressed....

sirhk100

Reaction
None of the big companies are gonna throw out a race quality quad. Do you expect them too? Cannondale is the only one that offered one and it was in the $12K range. I'll take that motor and frame platform to start off with and build on over the Yamaha anyday!!! The plastics must go though!!!

sirhk100

Reaction
What I'm saying is from the factory it still would greatly benefit from a host of bolt ones like wider arms, wider axle, tuned shocks, maybe a longer swingarm depending on race conditions, etc...

That's like saying my '03CRF450 is a race bike outta the box. Sure it's the best bike I've ever owned but there's a host of changes I would make to set it up if I used it for more then just a casual play bike.

In my opinion this is the closest production quad for racing but the price tag reflects it... (closed coarse)

I think this is an example of a full race quad, Sundahl's Banshees... (desert)

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I see what you are saying. What has taken a rise in the ATV racing though is the stock class, where these bike will be able to race in. Most of the big names run in the stock class now.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Does anybody race the Connondale out in the desert? I didn't even know they made a quad...

SDranger

Reaction
They don't..........anymore, lol

I don't think anybody could race one for long without any spares and such.

Anybody heard whats goin on with thier motorsports division???

sirhk100

Reaction
Yeah, they actually did decent but right now I can't for the life of me remember who was on it. Cannondale had a full factory program for quad riders before the motorsports went under. The quads actually carried the motorsports division, it was the bikes that sent them under. I don't understand why though, I put over 8 hours seat time on the bikes and they were a blast to ride. They were priced right and everything, they just never recouped from the major bad press the first 2 year models got. The 3rd and 4th year models were COMPLETELY different bikes to ride due to a totally revamped computer system for the fuel injection.

JeffS

Reaction
Hmmmm... It just needs a green hat...

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
It does not even have an electric start! I think that is an awesome aspect to the Yamaha. Maybe not for racing but I like it. I am glad that i bought the Yamaha. But either way you will be happy. The Honda does look nice.

Brice

Reaction
from just an overall scan of it it looks like a 400ex with new plastics(but of course it has engine and suspension) another thing to think about is that the yamaha has a full inch more travel in the front in stock form (9.1''). but i dunno

Kbach66

Reaction
Too bad in reality the YFZ only pulls about 7.75" in the front (claimed 9.1") and 9.5" in the rear (claimed 10.1"

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
You are absolutly right about the 400ex with plastics. Talked to one of the factory riders this last week, and he said that they won't get their bikes till DECEMBER. The bike in the pics is just a prototype to make the public think honda is still in the game, just a 400ex with the 450 motor stuck in it. Honda still dosen't even know what kind of linkage they want to use in the swing arm yet.