• Forum membership has its advantages....

Squadron LEDs replacement for 8" HID?

ErikIrvine

building a front bumper for the race car, have to build a big bumper to fit the 8 in. La Plaz HIDs I have. Baja Designs website states the squadrons are just as good. Do you guys agree? What's a good 4 or 6 in light for front. Planning on running onyx light bar on top.20170502_172630.jpg Screenshot_20170502-203521.png

punchdrunk monkey

Do they project the light as far as an HID? I have 4 Hella 4000 HID on my old car and they won't fit on my new car. I'm trying to figure out what is the next best option. All the LED's I've seen just don't throw the light out far enough.

ErikIrvine

Do they project the light as far as an HID? I have 4 Hella 4000 HID on my old car and they won't fit on my new car. I'm trying to figure out what is the next best option. All the LED's I've seen just don't throw the light out far enough.
Word

Bajades

If you are looking for pure distance, then the XL Racer Edition is the proper choice. A real popular setup for an installation with only two lights is to combine an XL 80 Combo with an XL Racer Edition.

Bajades

If you have the room to run four lights, then combine two XL 80's with two XL Racer Editions. You will have an amazing quality and quantity of light both in the near field and in the distance.