SR1 Videos.....my 120HP short course Rhino!

450grl

Reaction
Here are some vids from Saturday's race at Firebird Raceway in AZ......we designed a drive kit that is easy to install in a race Rhino chassis and that fits up to an R1 powerplant. We will have a class of these next year, and are working on getting quite a few of these built right now. Mine is the first.....and we have been putting some really hard hours on it to see if anything will break! I wish I could say it's a tough job....but I pretty much have to be pulled kicking and screaming out of this thing now! :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgvo_mfAGyU"]YouTube - SR1 10-3-09 (rhino with yamaha R1 streetbike engine)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkm7BSnHb_0"]YouTube - SR1 10/3/09 Corry Weller haulin at Firebird International Raceway Offroad Park[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcWeKq7sAKU"]YouTube - SR1 (Rhino with Yamaha R1 1000cc engine) Racing at Firebird offroad track - Driver, Corry Weller[/ame]

Dirty*

Reaction
Wow.. Those things are moving!!!

450grl

Reaction
I don't know.....I would imagine around 130? That might be conservative.....we are running 4 teeth bigger in the rear sprocket over stock....so.....gearing is pretty close to bike gearing. I know I will never go as fast as it can go....that would be rediculous with such a short little wheelbase! ;)

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Here are some vids from Saturday's race at Firebird Raceway in AZ......we designed a drive kit that is easy to install in a race Rhino chassis and that fits up to an R1 powerplant. We will have a class of these next year, and are working on getting quite a few of these built right now. Mine is the first.....and we have been putting some really hard hours on it to see if anything will break! I wish I could say it's a tough job....but I pretty much have to be pulled kicking and screaming out of this thing now! :)

Corry,

I keep seeing you guys listing the R1 as 120hp., but everywhere I've ever seen them rated, they have 180hp. Are you guys running a de-tuned package?

Nash!

Reaction
Looks like fun! R-1 Engine,asphalt and dirt... Can you say Rhino-SuperMoto!:):)

450grl

Reaction
Corry,

I keep seeing you guys listing the R1 as 120hp., but everywhere I've ever seen them rated, they have 180hp. Are you guys running a de-tuned package?

Hi Brian! :) I am running a stock 2002 motor, which is listed around 150HP, but that is measured at the crank. The newer R1 motors put out about 30 more HP....(again, crank numbers), so that's probably what you are hearing. We actually dyno'd my Rhino and it dyno'd at 120hp at the rear wheels.....so....I use that number since it's the most accurate. Doesn't sound quite as good as 150-180, but I don't like to fluff my numbers....;):D

Plus, since we are running a straight chain drive, we are actually losing very little HP through the drive.....:)

450grl

Reaction
Looks like fun! R-1 Engine,asphalt and dirt... Can you say Rhino-SuperMoto!:):)

It's FUN on the pavement....should have put more air in my tires for that part, though!

joecfd1

Reaction
Hi Brian! :) I am running a stock 2002 motor, which is listed around 150HP, but that is measured at the crank. The newer R1 motors put out about 30 more HP....(again, crank numbers), so that's probably what you are hearing. We actually dyno'd my Rhino and it dyno'd at 120hp at the rear wheels.....so....I use that number since it's the most accurate. Doesn't sound quite as good as 150-180, but I don't like to fluff my numbers....;):D

Plus, since we are running a straight chain drive, we are actually losing very little HP through the drive.....:)

So the Rhinos might be able to keep up with the Modified Karts now??? Just kiddin'.

07FJRog

Reaction
great vids Corry!

maybe next year, the rhinos will be setting faster lap times than the big boys! :eek:
not bad for sportsman class lol

Rog

CREW CHIEF_507

Reaction
cory are you running the stock air box, stock modified headers? also is the fuel management system stock. if you visit www.rossonracing.com call SHANE ROSSON 760-803-8702, the stuff hes has designed will blow your mind on the 1000 motors. billet air stacks, you name hes 1 of a kind.. tell him twink sent ya

450grl

Reaction
Right now, we are running everything stock.....trying to keep the $$ factor down for everyone for the first year. We might consider going to mods in the future if the class really takes off - I hear it's easy to get some crazy power out of the R1 motors! Thanks for the link - I will for sure check it out!!

deviate films

Reaction
Wow..that's awesome Cory. Super pumped for you and the release of that class in 2010

450grl

Reaction
Thanks!! :) There are so many people who are asking about this class - should be pretty dam fun! :)

69nos

Reaction
Cory,
I watched you Saturday at the Whiplash race as well and when you hit the pavement section that Rhino got small really quick. I wish you could of seen all of the peoples faces trying to figure out what was in that thing. That Rhino screams and sounds so cool coming and going. Good job !

450grl

Reaction
The pavement section was awesome!! The Lucas Speedworld track is just as fun.......!