SRW chase/work tire experience

cusico

RDC Crypto
Specifically 37” on 17” wheels.

Toyo and bfg make 37x13.50x17 load range E 3190lb. Which is lower than a load range D which is lower than the 3525 load rating of the 37x12.50x17 I’ve ran for ever.

The toyo 37x13.50x17 MT with the 4300 load rating are great but those are hard to find currently.

Questions:
Any issues with the load E tires with the 3190lb rating on a heavy service body and towing setup?

I believe the 3190 rating was based on new rules for 17” tires and the old styles are grandfathered in.

cusico

RDC Crypto
I'm not sure about the new rules for 17" tires, but I'd weigh the truck and go off the axle weight.
It’s over weight to start with the new gen E load 37”x17” tires.
The 37” E loads are 3100 load rating.
Prior 37” D loads are 3525.
Toyo 37x13.50 MT are 4300 load rating.

My question was more of “who has had good luck with their 37’s with what rating?”

I’m thinking people are running 37’s in E load with the 3100 load rating but had good luck with a service bed and towing.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
We have Toyo 37 MT’s on our one chase truck and they have taken a serious load. Pulling 14k trailer with 200 gallons and of fuel in the back with service body and 6 spares. In other words we have them way over loaded and they have been great.

But they wear fast. We have the Commercial Toyo tire Open Country C/T on our other truck and it’s way better on wear. I think they have a high load rating.

Mike

ndvalium

Rescue Director
RDC Crypto
I have a been working with BFG on tires this year on several of our trucks. We are testing a new BFG tire on several of our trucks and really happy with them. So far only the 285/17 E load has been tested on in the new tread. I also have run 33” , 35” and now 37” KM3’s this year.

I put the 37” D load KM3 on last week. My truck at 12,000lbs is now riding like a Cadillac. I love the feeling of it. The tire is officially rated at 3525 lbs per tire however BFG engineers state it is tested much higher, DOT has simply not altered the test load max pressure /weight ratings. I’m still learning a lot about tires and very fortunate to have some great support from BFG engineers in this process.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
I have a been working with BFG on tires this year on several of our trucks. We are testing a new BFG tire on several of our trucks and really happy with them. So far only the 285/17 E load has been tested on in the new tread. I also have run 33” , 35” and now 37” KM3’s this year.

I put the 37” D load KM3 on last week. My truck at 12,000lbs is now riding like a Cadillac. I love the feeling of it. The tire is officially rated at 3525 lbs per tire however BFG engineers state it is tested much higher, DOT has simply not altered the test load max pressure /weight ratings. I’m still learning a lot about tires and very fortunate to have some great support from BFG engineers in this process.
For those of us who have to shoe the family mobile...aka a suburban... That spends most its time on pavement, and then the occasional snow trip (with chains) and the occasional fire road but nothing really worse...
What are you guys finding that works good? I think Im running a 275/65/18 E duratrac on stock wheels right now... I gave up searching for a set of used methods/racelines/etc
The duratrac has been great except its loud and stiff...and too much for its use... thinking of an AT D rated or maybe softer...

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
I had a fantastic experience with Toyo AT2s and AT3s, great ride, wear and good in snow, BFG has great snow rating but at the cost of poor wear in towing and choppy rock. Im testing the tire Dave mentions and its awesome so far but might be too firm for a a SUV