sst v8/prolite on mickey thompson tv

ultrablew

That video was very cool! Our interview made it in there as well! Thanks Jeff from powerTV!

ProLite13

m4sx round where we beat the green army pro2. incar footage is our truck as well.

http://www.mickeythompsontv.com/featured_landing.php?reset=true

Hey Todd my new rear end will be completed soon then I will be down your way. Glen Helen test in the C5?:D

The truck looks good in the video, a while back someone on here asked if you had presented your sealed arca v8 idea to Tony or Gary with the Lucas series?

Where are you at with the C5 concept whats it going to take to get your idea on the track?

DP:cool:

todd5c

yes we have contacted tony and gary. tried to get in to the last round but it wasnt to be, i wanted to contact the other prolite guys to ok it with them, then have us start at the rear and run for no points or money. loors is only open to discussion for next year, torc is open to the idea the most out of the two, and were still trying for this year with them.

todd5c

yeah it would be fun. they are always welcome at pas with m4sx too.

ProLite13

Todd-C5 They can start you in the back but as long as you keep it rubber side down you will not end up there.:D

The power that the C5 truck puts to the ground was awesome to see now I want to feel it.

I keep shaking my head when I think about the power and reliability factor of your program at 6K versus the average Prolite program at 26+/-K add rebuilds per season plus ,plus ,plus...

I think you have a great idea with the C5 program keep squealing the squeaky wheel will get the grease eventually.

todd5c

hopefully we can get you in the truck soon dan. we all know the downfalls to the current prolite engine packages, just think of how many prolite teams could finish the season because of a economical, powerful and reliable drivetrain combo, and be competetive. for 10-12k you can have two identical, sealed drivetrain packages, at the end of the year freshen up the rings and bearings if you want it crisp and run it again. it will have to be re-sealed though. all of the guys that were out of the hunt because they couldnt afford what the top guys run for engines would finally be able to show everyone what they have as a driver. i think the podium could look alot different.

ProLite13

hopefully we can get you in the truck soon dan. we all know the downfalls to the current prolite engine packages, just think of how many prolite teams could finish the season because of a economical, powerful and reliable drivetrain combo, and be competetive. for 10-12k you can have two identical, sealed drivetrain packages, at the end of the year freshen up the rings and bearings if you want it crisp and run it again. it will have to be re-sealed though. all of the guys that were out of the hunt because they couldnt afford what the top guys run for engines would finally be able to show everyone what they have as a driver. i think the podium could look alot different.

It really is a no brainer.

You said that the motor could be pulled out and a hot 4 cyl drops right in correct?

Theres probably enough 2nd trucks or back up trucks out there now to create the class without building new.

You said RJ would create the class with 5 trucks right?

This is whats up Prolites. Race in two classes have your back up truck at the track ready for whatever you needed V8 or the $4cyl class (it would be the cheapest most reliable most powerful and wicked class) that you could add to your race resumes.

todd5c

we put the engine placement within prolite rules. anyone is welcome to bring their truck by and use our mock block and trans to see what if any changes are needed. obviously new motor mounts will be needed, which can be bolt on if you want to switch back and forth.

todd5c

an update on our concept. grabbed a podium spot last saturday at torc, perris auto speedway. huge thanks to ricky and usac. we started in the back, no points awarded. and thanks to the teams and other companies that came by and took interest in what we have going on. all positive and sensible, thanks again everyone.

ProLite13

I knew it was possible and congrats on the finish last weekend.

07FJRog

great drive from the back, and one of the few totally clearing the table top in pro-lite:D

Congrats on the podium, it was good to see an M4SX truck/driver compete against the big boys and do well.

Rog