Stand-up Jet ski recommendations?

V8Ranger

Reaction
I was thinking about getting a mid 90's stand up ski and I wanted to see what everyone recommended. My budget is around $1500 so I was thinking about a mid 90's Kawi 750 SXI.

elcaprerunner

Reaction
I have a '91 Kawasaki 650sx stand-up. I love it. It's not too heavy, it flies good, and with enough practice ( and balance) you can whip the back end around when your crank it and nail the gas. It is a little shorter and little wider than the 80's style Kawi's, but a hell of alot easier to steer, control, and balance. Plus, it hauls ass. And sense it is a big motor, there are tons of aftermarket goodies for it, all I have on mine is a pipe. They are fun as hell but they take lots of tractice, the only reason I can ride mine with the size that I am and the shape I'm in is because I have been riding these things sense I was about 7 years old. They are also very meneuverable with practice, you can whip it around on the water, in the air, whatever. Have fun! I have a picture I'll post when I get home this weekend.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I've always thought the Superjets handled better than the Kawi's. Especially in the rough.
For cheap thrills, get a 650 superjet with a rideplate and good prop. The Yamaha 700 twin carbs
are ultimate but pricey. I bought my wife a Kawi 750 twin carb (she liked the graphics), and
it was a rocket but hard to keep up with my old SJ when then run was long and hard.
The Kawi porposed much more than the Yamaha. Oh yea, if you like freestyle stuff,
then the old Kawi 550's can be fun, especially with built motors. If you are speed freak,
(like me), get a Yamaha.

V8Ranger

Reaction
Yeah it sounds like both the kawi's and yamahas are pretty good ski's. I think I'm going to buy according to which one is more economically priced.

PLS

Reaction
Chris is right about the poirposing. When I went from the 650 to 750 Kawi, that was the biggest thing to get used to. I love the quickness of the 750, and the way it jumps out of the water when taking off, but my 650 was a lot more stable in the rough water. A 650 with a little build up seems to be as fast as a stock 750, just not as nimble. All said and done, I still prefer the 750.
Pete S.- BOYD RACING

yamadog77

Reaction
I have one of each right now, Superjet is by far the best boat. And..its a Yamaha