Standard or Extended cab??

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I am going to build a f150 between 83-86. When building a fullsize prerunner which is better to have an extended cab truck or a standard cab truck? I know it depends on certain factors but it seems most people go with the standard cabs. Is a shorter wheelbase better?

farmboy

Reaction
depends, a shorter wheel base will turn quicker, but a longer wheel base will typically ride smoother and soak up whoops better. i think it's mostly personal preference, look at the trophy trucks, there are extra cabs (ie. ivan, gordon, collins etc.) and standard cabs (ie. team enduro etc.) and both styles have won races.

the faster you go the smoother it is

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Keep the wheelbase around 120-125 and you will be happy. I am not sure of the wheelbase of the trucks mentioned.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

orvacian

Reaction
The extracab comes in handy to stow all your gear like clothes, camera equip, tent, stereo sys, etc.......
You said it was going to be a "prerunner" not a dedicated race truck, right? Also, If you want to move the engine back you still have room for seating.

DougM

Reaction
Extracab is the only way to go. I dont even know why the manufacturers even sell standard cabs anymore.? What a waste!
like the other said longer wheelbase(Ex: Ranger X cab is 125") plus all that room to store gear or stuff the kids back there (too small for an adult unless your talking fullsize)

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
extra cab also gives a lot of room for a cage and seats too. The extra cab in my experiance has rode better, where the shorter wheel base tends to be bucked around more. I know Dan Vance is a big fan of standard cab though. There is a lot of personal preferance to the choice, but I would go with the extra cab.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Since your name is "chevypwr" and your building a Ford, will it be "Build Ford Tough using Chevy stuff"...lol. J/K.....don't want to start that again!!!

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I am pretty much stuck on going with the extended cab...sorry I mean supercab. No my fords not going to be built with all chevy stuff. The lame name chevypwr was all that I could think of. All that ford is better than chevy, chevys better than ford is annoying.