Starlink

Advertising supports this site

RSharp

RDC Crypto
Were were testing this flat mounted setup down at the race over the weekend. It is currently using suction cups for all the aluminum cab Fords, but can also be used with magnets or hard mount with bolts/dzus fasteners. Held tight all weekend and it was awesome having internet at the pits without having to setup/teardown each time.

IMG_5470.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpg
    IMG_5454.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Is the roof of the vehicle sufficient deflection of the radiation emitted by the antenna?

RSharp

RDC Crypto
Is the roof of the vehicle sufficient deflection of the radiation emitted by the antenna?
I'm definitely not an expert with antennas/radiation and understand this is a bit of an unintended use case however, based on the FCC filing I'm not too concerned. There was no shielding in the back of the antenna case that was removed.

"This analysis demonstrates that the SpaceX CP terminal is not a radiation hazard because the terminal does not exceed the MPE limit of 1 mW/cm^2 averaged over a thirty-minute period." FCC Radiation Hazard Analysis Report

pjc

Chairman
RDC Crypto
Website
www.OutbackUSA.com
Latest is a 12v power supply that can bridge engine start sequences and power a dual WAN router that has Starkink and LTE.

Right now, I am testing ESIM on a very long road trip and I have seen 5 instances of what looks like geo-fencing by Starlink (SL) after driving @200 miles from the location I last booted SL at. In 4 of 5 instances SL showed "unexpected location". In all 5 instances service became unusable. RSharp has seen this too. A cold boot restores service without issue. I am testing a remote soft boot now and it looks doable.

We all have to understand that the corrupt FCC has not licensed SL for "in-motion" use yet. The SL ToS says "don't do it". Keep this all in mind.

If any of you are IT or Telecom Pros, I would be glad to work with you on this.

Needless to say, this is an evolving puzzle.

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
Brandon Walsh mounted his Starlink on his Class 7 truck and set up a Twitch stream to watch his GoPro live. It worked really well. It was pretty cool to see a live view of a truck on course. Definitely a game changer

When @fishd00d wants to start his own live stream company to live stream multiple feeds, I have the perfect domain for it.

I could see this being the next step for his service and seems to be totally in his wheelhouse.

I actually spoke to Roger about this years ago when he was HDRA and just buying SCORE. I wonder if he is pursuing it?

If enough guys start doing this I wonder if SCORE is going to start requiring licenses or use releases (cough cough Martellis).

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
When guys are speaking of communication with the race vehicle through starlink, what medium is used for verbal communications?

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
When guys are speaking of communication with the race vehicle through starlink, what medium is used for verbal communications?

I dont know the answer but could it be as simple as using your cell phone and using the wifi calling feature or no?

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
When @fishd00d wants to start his own live stream company to live stream multiple feeds, I have the perfect domain for it.

I could see this being the next step for his service and seems to be totally in his wheelhouse.

I actually spoke to Roger about this years ago when he was HDRA and just buying SCORE. I wonder if he is pursuing it?

If enough guys start doing this I wonder if SCORE is going to start requiring licenses or use releases (cough cough Martellis).

Onlyfans?

DTA 55

RDC Crypto
Onlyfans?

Onlyracers.com, haha.

Not... its a good one though. Don't want to share publicly in case something ever becomes of it. Needs to be branded and marketed. I was thinking about this when the OG gopro came out initially with the wifi capability. Now technology is there to do this.

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
STARLINK is the S H * T. We just tried ours out last weekend at Antigo in WI and it was flawless. I think we had better internet at our race than we do at home.......it's a game changer for us as much traveling as we do and needing to do work at the same time.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Brandon Walsh mounted his Starlink on his Class 7 truck and set up a Twitch stream to watch his GoPro live. It worked really well. It was pretty cool to see a live view of a truck on course. Definitely a game changer
It was pretty awesome to see his DNF live from the race course this year!

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
The opportunities are plentiful for someone like fish with such a connected network no pun intended. He could for sure host his own stream, It would be fun to finally help offer some good buggy commentary for him.