Starlink

DoitforBMoore

RDC Crypto
Advertising supports this site

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
STARLINK is the S H * T. We just tried ours out last weekend at Antigo in WI and it was flawless. I think we had better internet at our race than we do at home.......it's a game changer for us as much traveling as we do and needing to do work at the same time.
I just looked at the availability out here. No bueno. How do they deny service in some areas but allow other users to move it to different areas? This sounds like the gubmint is in charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614_134500.png
    Screenshot_20220614_134500.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 0

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
They are literally sending up satellites monthly to cover as much as possible. SpaceX has launched a rocket almost every week this year.

AZ7000'

RDC Crypto
I just looked at the availability out here. No bueno. How do they deny service in some areas but allow other users to move it to different areas? This sounds like the gubmint is in charge.
Get on the Internet, many many ways around that…

NIKAL

RDC Crypto
Just read that Dish Network is requesting the FCC go after Starlink for allowing customers to use the system while in motion when Starlink doesn’t have FCC approval to do so. Starlink states they say on their website that their customers are not to use the system while in motion. But as we know that’s not stopping people from doing it. So Dish is requesting the FCC require that Starlink cancels all subscribers who are operating the system while in motion. Dish claims Starlink has away to know when it’s used in motion and they want Starlink to crack down on violators.

Apparently Dish has a issue with Starlink due to Dish wanting to use the bandwidth that Starlink is on. Plus I’m sure Starlink is a huge threat to Dish and other satellite communication companies.

Will be interstate to see if the FCC grants Starlink permission to use its system in motion? It said the Cruise Lines are asking the FCC to allow Starlink to be used in motion.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Mine arrives thursday, just in time to bring to Baja Nevada. No time to mount to the race truck, but will be good to use on the RV command center.

--John

BHollander

RDC Crypto
Following. We decided to scan my starlink in to play with mounting options. There will more than likely be some cool options in the weeks, months, years to come from marine, van life movement, off-road, and rv travelers. There are some innovated people getting involved in this stuff and I am excited to see what the future brings.

sc_143585646903088.jpegsc_143658922345977.jpegsc_143565434721429.jpeg

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
So for a potential "full" time user with the occasional camping/hunting trip usage, what would be the best subscription option? I see portability as an option, however is there a way to bypass this? For the most part, this would be use within a 100mi radius of the home address. Or is it worth the RV subscription to be completely untied?

scootin newton

RDC Crypto
So for a potential "full" time user with the occasional camping/hunting trip usage, what would be the best subscription option? I see portability as an option, however is there a way to bypass this? For the most part, this would be use within a 100mi radius of the home address. Or is it worth the RV subscription to be completely untied?
I got the residential with portability mostly for the priority status. Only thing I didn't look into until after I installed it is it shuts down after 122 degrees. That will take some ingenuity to make it work for us in the summer.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
RDC Crypto
I got the residential with portability mostly for the priority status. Only thing I didn't look into until after I installed it is it shuts down after 122 degrees. That will take some ingenuity to make it work for us in the summer.
Yikes, temp restriction will be rough, but still better reliability that suddenlink.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Do we really have to worry about “priority”? I went with the RV version. No having to change locations when you move around and the ability to suspend service at any time for no charge.

—John