Starlink

Volkspower Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
facebook.com
Looks like we will have service at the races from now on, worked great out in Bouse testing the other night. Game changer when you can have tuner log in out in the middle of BFE!

Attachments

• 7FBDA099-8225-4A1E-8D43-8FADCDCE5510.jpeg
    7FBDA099-8225-4A1E-8D43-8FADCDCE5510.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
I just looked at the availability out here. No bueno. How do they deny service in some areas but allow other users to move it to different areas? This sounds like the gubmint is in charge.
Sign up for the RV service, ordered mine and had it 5 days later. ... regardless of availability in your area.

--John

Advertising supports this site

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Elon musk says no advertising, no discounts. That’s his style.

—John
When you have complete confidence in the product you are selling, you don't need much advertising. And if the product is a great product it will sell itself without any discounts. Look at how much traction this thread has gotten and how many are ordering them after seeing how well they work. I am thinking about it for my house, but I have some large trees on the north side of the house, and my neighbor does too. So I don't know if it will work. I don't have anywhere to mount it that it will get a clear view of the sky.

I am very tempted for our ranch house. I could find a place out there. My mom has a hotspot and it is hit or miss and very slow.

isdtbower

RDC Crypto
I live in the shadowns of FB, Alphabet, and Googleopolis. The other day several of us were out in the cul-de-sac talking. They are all in the high end of digital tech, AI, and etc. I am still more an analog type. retired so not compelled to earn beyond "able to use." I mentioned the Starlink system being really good for us boondockers. They all chimed in how poor and problematic the system was. Then I had to mention that all these guys have fiber to their homes, and we know that dense areas are problematic. But we are out of that zone, and the RV system really suites our needs. These guys rarely see the other side of things.........Nuff said.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
I did some experimenting with a second dish and concluded the user ID and modem smarts must be in the dish and that the router box is just a router. My dish/router works fine at the registered address but when I plug in a different dish that is not on any account (plugged into my working original router) it never came on line. The second dish was shipped to me but I had cancelled that order. I have the rv option on my account and it does work in other locations besides my registered address but was hoping I could buy additional dishes so I can permanently mount them to various homes and just move the router around. Won’t work so I have to move the dish plus router whenever I want to use Starlink in another location. Pita since mounting and routing the cable to inside the home does not lend itself to portability. Guess I’ll just leave the router sitting outside on the back porch so it’s portable.

51rcr

RDC Crypto
I did some experimenting with a second dish and concluded the user ID and modem smarts must be in the dish and that the router box is just a router. My dish/router works fine at the registered address but when I plug in a different dish that is not on any account (plugged into my working original router) it never came on line. The second dish was shipped to me but I had cancelled that order. I have the rv option on my account and it does work in other locations besides my registered address but was hoping I could buy additional dishes so I can permanently mount them to various homes and just move the router around. Won’t work so I have to move the dish plus router whenever I want to use Starlink in another location. Pita since mounting and routing the cable to inside the home does not lend itself to portability. Guess I’ll just leave the router sitting outside on the back porch so it’s portable.
thats the info i was curious about and for the same reasons.

pjc

Chairman
RDC Crypto
Website
www.OutbackUSA.com
My experience:

1) Making this deal work reliably on 12 volts in a compact forum for our intended purpose is not easy. I am here to tell you. Sure, you can throw the Dish and Factory Router in a box, plug it into an inverter and it should work. ... until, you do an engine start sequence and the Dishy reboots due to low voltage. And, that is just one piece of the puzzle.

2) If you are going to use Starlink at your house or another fixed location and this location is not in a "wait list" cell, get the standard service and then add "roaming service". when you want to take the Dishy to another location. By doing this, you will have the highest priority of service at your home location. If you simply buy the "RV" service, you will never have the highest level of service priority anywhere.

pjc

Chairman
RDC Crypto
Website
www.OutbackUSA.com
I live in the shadowns of FB, Alphabet, and Googleopolis. The other day several of us were out in the cul-de-sac talking. They are all in the high end of digital tech, AI, and etc. I am still more an analog type. retired so not compelled to earn beyond "able to use." I mentioned the Starlink system being really good for us boondockers. They all chimed in how poor and problematic the system was. Then I had to mention that all these guys have fiber to their homes, and we know that dense areas are problematic. But we are out of that zone, and the RV system really suites our needs. These guys rarely see the other side of things.........Nuff said.
SL with an SD-WAN appliance is an absolute game changer for multi-location businesses, as well. The Big telco's are F'd! Next, the SL Sats will have laser interconnects creating an entire overlay to the terrestrial Internet. The big Telco's are Double F'd! And then... the Tesla Smart Phone will be able to use the Starlink constellation when in clear view of the sky. The Big Telco's are Triple F'd!

And F Charlie Ergen, DISH, Hughe-net and Sling TV.

That's a lot of F's!