starter/flywheel help! 4.0 OHV Ranger

1. Alright guys, reaching out here for some help because I am stumped. This is kind of long so bare with me otherwise info will be missed haha!1991 4.0 OHV with C4 trans.Truck ran first dirt miles since I had purchased on Halloween weekend. On one run, I had my ignition go bad which left me to jump the solenoid. When I did that, my starter never dis-engaged from the flywheel and stayed running my entire sprint back to camp. About 20 minutes (cahuilla trail to Mobiland). I had thought perhaps the solenoid took a dive while in the desert but it in fact was the ignition itself. I ended up jumping the truck for the rest of the time and taking the hot leg off the solenoid to the starter so it wouldn't stay running or engaged. Got the truck back and replaced all wiring (stuff was old and junk), solenoid, starter, and now has push button and switch start. Truck fired right up, except, the starter stayed engaged, like the bendix never released from flywheel. Tried it a once more, then pulled the starter off. I tested that one, and it was shorted, the bendix never came back in. Got a replacement for that starter Sunday and put it in the truck. I wired it and tested it prior to bolting it back in to make sure this one was good. Fired the truck and BOOM same thing, won't disengage. And before anyone asks about spacing, I have it shimmed correctly according to Ford. My question is, has anyone ever had this happen? or can you think of anything else? I am pulling my Trans Friday Night and replacing the Flywheel, because I cannot see any other possible problems. Any input would be great. PS. I know I am a Dumb ass for not noticing the starter sticking right away haha!

DeRaRa

1. Alright guys, reaching out here for some help because I am stumped. This is kind of long so bare with me otherwise info will be missed haha!1991 4.0 OHV with C4 trans.Truck ran first dirt miles since I had purchased on Halloween weekend. On one run, I had my ignition go bad which left me to jump the solenoid. When I did that, my starter never dis-engaged from the flywheel and stayed running my entire sprint back to camp. About 20 minutes (cahuilla trail to Mobiland). I had thought perhaps the solenoid took a dive while in the desert but it in fact was the ignition itself. I ended up jumping the truck for the rest of the time and taking the hot leg off the solenoid to the starter so it wouldn't stay running or engaged. Got the truck back and replaced all wiring (stuff was old and junk), solenoid, starter, and now has push button and switch start. Truck fired right up, except, the starter stayed engaged, like the bendix never released from flywheel. Tried it a once more, then pulled the starter off. I tested that one, and it was shorted, the bendix never came back in. Got a replacement for that starter Sunday and put it in the truck. I wired it and tested it prior to bolting it back in to make sure this one was good. Fired the truck and BOOM same thing, won't disengage. And before anyone asks about spacing, I have it shimmed correctly according to Ford. My question is, has anyone ever had this happen? or can you think of anything else? I am pulling my Trans Friday Night and replacing the Flywheel, because I cannot see any other possible problems. Any input would be great. PS. I know I am a Dumb ass for not noticing the starter sticking right away haha!
Starter Solenoid, or ignition switch.

I did actually figure it out. total boneheaad mistake, was sending alternator power on the wrong terminal... complete idiot.

thank you!