Starting in class 1400

Austin Jesus

Reaction
I was wondering who the go to shop is to fabricate a 1400 class chromoly tube chassis? How much would it cost to build a legit 1400 contender? Are there a lot of sponsorships available for 1400? Thanks for any info!

green787

Reaction
Sponsor-ships aren't handed out like ribbons at the fair.... Tell us WHY you want to have a 1400 chassis fabricated, as opposed to, say, buying one....???

Austin Jesus

Reaction
Sponsor-ships aren't handed out like ribbons at the fair.... Tell us WHY you want to have a 1400 chassis fabricated, as opposed to, say, buying one....???
I want it fabricated around a 67 c10 cab. I like the old school look of it

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

07FJRog

Reaction
Green, i dont think he wants a sponsored chassis, he wants to know what companies are available to sponsor a 1400.
For.the OP, what series for 1400? That number if different in some series.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
Green, i dont think he wants a sponsored chassis, he wants to know what companies are available to sponsor a 1400.
For.the OP, what series for 1400? That number if different in some series.
Yes I was wondering who could build one. I'm not looking for somebody to build me a chassis as a sponsor deal. Just wondering who's good at it? Sponsors I was talking more tires, lights, brakes, etc. As for the series I'd like to run the BITD and SNORE. I'd be willing to build just to BITD specs rather than just SNORE. If you know what I mean

J Burleson

Reaction
Because you are talking about having it built around a c10 cab I'm assuming you mean a 1450 truck? Steel cab door slammer? 1400 in bitd is trophy truck. Sorry, "trick" truck.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
Because you are talking about having it built around a c10 cab I'm assuming you mean a 1450 truck? Steel cab door slammer? 1400 in bitd is trophy truck. Sorry, "trick" truck.
I guess so. I've seen people build class 1400 f100 trucks so I wanted to kinda go the same route but with a c10

07FJRog

Reaction
For a 1450 truck, lookup HRT Motorsports in Ramona Ca. Championship winning truck builder. Like Brandon Arthurs 1456 f100.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1451164848.177185.jpg

That's the one I kinda wanna do. I just don't see a 1450 class in the BITD rule book and that's the series I'd like to run

J Prich

Reaction
The nature of your questions leads me to think you probably have a lot of homework to do. Just curious, what's your budget? There is no 1450 class to race in BITD so the only place you're going to race a truck like you've described in BITD is Sportsman (1800). SNORE is the 1450 battleground of choice if that's the kind of truck you're set on.

I'd guess you're better off buying something and tweaking it to your liking versus paying someone to build you a truck from the ground up. I'd be willing to guess ballpark you'd be looking at $50k and up in order to have a reputable fabricator build you a truck from scratch. You can probably find current 1450 trucks for sale that would at least get you in the game for $20-$30k but even those probably aren't "top 10" competitive in the larger field races.

You should check out Dezert-Rangers if you haven't already, that's probably the best source of first hand 1450 type info.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
The nature of your questions leads me to think you probably have a lot of homework to do. Just curious, what's your budget? There is no 1450 class to race in BITD so the only place you're going to race a truck like you've described in BITD is Sportsman (1800). SNORE is the 1450 battleground of choice if that's the kind of truck you're set on.

I'd guess you're better off buying something and tweaking it to your liking versus paying someone to build you a truck from the ground up. I'd be willing to guess ballpark you'd be looking at $50k and up in order to have a reputable fabricator build you a truck from scratch. You can probably find current 1450 trucks for sale that would at least get you in the game for $20-$30k but even those probably aren't "top 10" competitive in the larger field races.

You should check out Dezert-Rangers if you haven't already, that's probably the best source of first hand 1450 type info.
Yes I do have a lot of homework to do and it's probably a while before I even start this. I just don't really know where to start. Only thing I know is the cab that I want it to be built around. Is desert rangers a forum or a group?

J Prich

Reaction
Yes I do have a lot of homework to do and it's probably a while before I even start this. I just don't really know where to start. Only thing I know is the cab that I want it to be built around. Is desert rangers a forum or a group?

Dezert Rangers is a website/forum just like this one. A lot of the 1450 type guys post there, lots of fabricator/shop guys from full blown fab shops to garage builders. Good to have thick skin if you plan on asking a bunch of questions there, but probably the best source of info you'll find for the kinds of stuff you seem to be interested in.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
Dezert Rangers is a website/forum just like this one. A lot of the 1450 type guys post there, lots of fabricator/shop guys from full blown fab shops to garage builders. Good to have thick skin if you plan on asking a bunch of questions there, but probably the best source of info you'll find for the kinds of stuff you seem to be interested in.
Alright I will try there. Thank you

51rcr

Reaction
hard to beat and existing truck and get out there instead of dreaming and working and never get to. Best to get a loan of some kind and pay it. then your there, and what you would be spending on parts you would be doing it. and if you change or get bored or whatever ya sell what ya got whats left. or upgrade. you can piece a truck together spend lots of time doing it, but that takes along time and the money you spend on parts is what ya can buy the same thing for going and driving.And sound like you have to pay to have it built for you anyway so save lots and get close to what ya want. Ya can hit the swapmeet and get lots but ya have to have a plan and know exactly what ya need. hard to beat a cheap buggy and theres a cheap truggy for $15000 in the classifieds now, if ya need a c10 put soe glass on it and its in like prerunners classifieds I think and a hand full of trucks in desert rangers to. And just run a sportsman class anywhere. or a UTV and be everywhere. I just see about 50 dreams and projects and hobbies that last and suck peoples $ and dreams up for years before they toss in the towel to 1 that's ever done. best to get out there and then upgrade and see if its really for you. you can have 90% as much fun in a $50000 car as you can as $500,000, just not as fast or smooth or as big.

Josh 8

Reaction
Actually I would not recommend barrowing money to buy a race car or any fun thing for that matter.

I am going to presume that your young and in your twenties. And that's ok. If I am right about this don't take it wrong we have all been there. I am now 44 and and I remember the younger years well.

Ok. So if I am correct about you age and you barrow money to go racing lets face it, you will also max out your credit cards too. I know all about how it happens. It always for one final thing but it NEVER ends. The cold truth is if you can't pay cash and upfront, you can't afford it.

What no one well you is that depending on the class the cost of owning a race car can be only 1/3 to 1/10 of the cost of racing it. In other words, if you can't pay cash for the car, how are you going to pay cash to race it?

My advise is to get with a local team. Help them out, earn a co driver spot and do it all for free. If you were in so cal. I would invite you to help me.

Please understand, if I am correct about your situation, I am not trying to crush your dreams. I am just trying to help one person out form not committing financial susicide. I see people do it all the time with debt and it haunts them for decades to fallow.

Lastly, I strongly recommend that you pray to God the father, Son and Holy Spirt about your plan. You never know. It might be his plan for your life and if it is, there is no stopping you! Only one way to find out.

Last edited:

Jerry

Reaction

I'll put that cab on this for you. Shameless self promotion.

Austin Jesus

Reaction
Actually I would not recommend barrowing money to buy a race car or any fun thing for that matter.

I am going to presume that your young and in your twenties. And that's ok. If I am right about this don't take it wrong we have all been there. I am now 44 and and I remember the younger years well.

Ok. So if I am correct about you age and you barrow money to go racing lets face it, you will also max out your credit cards too. I know all about how it happens. It always for one final thing but it NEVER ends. The cold truth is if you can't pay cash and upfront, you can't afford it.

What no one well you is that depending on the class the cost of owning a race car can be only 1/3 to 1/10 of the cost of racing it. In other words, if you can't pay cash for the car, how are you going to pay cash to race it?

My advise is to get with a local team. Help them out, earn a co driver spot and do it all for free. If you were in so cal. I would invite you to help me.

Please understand, if I am correct about your situation, I am not trying to crush your dreams. I am just trying to help one person out form not committing financial susicide. I see people do it all the time with debt and it haunts them for decades to fallow.

Lastly, I strongly recommend that you pray to God the father, Son and Holy Spirt about your plan. You never know. It might be his plan for your life and if it is, there is no stopping you! Only one way to find out.

No you are exactly correct. I'm 22 and I can't really afford it right now. It's just an ambition of mine to do this but I don't know much about it. The funny thing is I recently moved from San Diego to Scottsdale and if I had known I would've stayed. I've contacted a few teams around me now ie Denton racing, Potts racing, even Geiser bros and I'm looking to hear back. I understand I'm young and have a lot of life ahead of me (hopefully) but it's something I'd like to get involved in sooner than later. I appreciate your response.