Starting in Desert Racing

jon coleman

Reaction
class 9 , light, easy tow,single seat, no co- baby sitting, easy to get un stuck, easy to chang a flat, easy to sell, and i bet you can scare yourself under 50 mph, my baja bug did, i would say jeepspeed, but they are pricey unless you build a bare bones one yourself, 4wd is great for beginer desert racing compared to a hi strung 2wd buggy, easy to ' lug& chug' along with a 4.0 6 cyl eng.than a small vw eng.ps, try golf too, fishing Can become expensive

FourLow

Reaction
Find a woman that loves to see you happy at any cost....and wants to sponsor you cheer for you and make delicious sandwiches
This is it, right here!

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Find a woman that loves to see you happy at any cost....and wants to sponsor you cheer for you and make delicious sandwiches
Get external validation?
Be dependent on another person?

Hmmm....?

Why not just be happy and through that attraction allow a women to be close to you. Then the sandwiches just come on their own.... LOL

I get your point though.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
First thing to do is get an education. Without that, racing anything becomes almost impossible. Then, get a job. Very few people are asked to go drive a race car without having experience doing it, and that usually means paying for you own way until you can convince someone else to pay for you to do it.

51rcr

Reaction
get a desert toy like a UTV. have fun. pre run the courses or after. have more fun. watch others spend fortunes to race and be glad you dont spend all the money and time racing. Have more time and fun in the desert then them at a fraction of the price. Oh pick a job based on $. If you are going to work, make some money doing it.. Hopefully volunteering and actually looking in before your hooked you will see being a fan is better in life than a racing addiction.

jps1145

Reaction
Didn't TJ Flores try that? What happened to him?