steering box question.

Dezert00Taco

RDC Crypto
i have a chevy steering box in my tacoma it is mounted backwards so the imput shaft is facing the front of the truck. is there any way to get the gears reversed in the box so it will steer correctly?? with the box how it is stock when you turn the wheels one way the tires want to go in the opposite direction. Also does anyone know somwhere close or around ventura county that could do this for me this week?? thanks for the help..

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
It's not the gears, it's the recirculating ball screw. They are not that bad to replace it you are semi-mechanically inclined. If you have any doubt's, take it the them as this is a fairly import part of the truck. The other problem is figuring out which unit you have. Was it a front steer or a rear steer unit originally?

Dezert00Taco

RDC Crypto
It's not the gears, it's the recirculating ball screw. They are not that bad to replace it you are semi-mechanically inclined. If you have any doubt's, take it the them as this is a fairly import part of the truck. The other problem is figuring out which unit you have. Was it a front steer or a rear steer unit originally?

yea my i am pretty mechanically inclined and my friends are mechanics. the box came off a 69 2x4 pickup mounted inside the frame with the pitman arm going facing the rear of the truck just like the input shaft is. i'll call them tomorrow. thanks for the help.