steering column pictures?

Igino

Hey guys - i'm working on the dash of my ranger build. I have been looking all over, but can't find pictures of how guys modify the steering column for racing. I'm trying to avoid buying an aftermarket brake and clutch. Would it be better to keep that big manifold in there to have a mounting point for the pedals? Also - how should i remove the articulation joint (i doubt that's what its actually called - but i don't know) so that I can add an aftermarket steering wheel. Any pictures of how its done would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

xiondavis

I used a non-tilt stock ranger column, just cleaned up all the crap on the magnesium end mount.

Kept the stock pedal mounts, but I'm going to relocate the clutch master because I keep breaking the one that sticks through the firewall. I think i'll just weld an extension on top of the clutch pivot and mount the master facing the other way toward the dash... that way i can keep the same pedal ratio.

xiondavis

... but I'm going to relocate the clutch master because I keep breaking the one that sticks through the firewall...
clarification - I think my clutch cylinder has broken each time from a rock thrown from the tire... - someone told me i should just build a shield over it. Probably easier than relocation, so thats proably how it will be for the CORE (colorado off road extreme) 100 mile race next month (if i get the new motor in).

cancinoj

this is ours,. the steering quickner is hold to the stock steering mount,. well, here is a pic,