• Forum membership has its advantages....

Steering wheel help

I bought a new steering wheel for my 96 Ford Bronco.. I am not sure what I need to buy to use it.. I will need an adaptor and spacer.. But what one?? The steering wheel is a Sparco, the same bolt pattern as a momo.. Please help. I would like to get this airbag off and this thing bolted up today... I called Kartek this morning but they were not sure about fords.. Thanks in advance.

DPpatrol

Momo makes adapters for just about every car. But not too sure where you can find one. Try looking for the adapter on ebay.

jason

Ryno

John-

If you're using the factory steering column, the adapter from Saleen will work. I dunno about them being open on Sundays though. I have used a couple on 5.Blow Mustangs over the years, and they work well. If you have a 3/8 impact, and a steering wheel puller, you're in business. A gear or balancer puller should work as well.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Take the airbag fuse out before you pop it in your face while pulling it! I will follow up on the adapter too.

KRis

"Revenge is best served cold"

Jerry Zaiden

John,

We carry MOMO and Sparco wheels in stock. The popular adapter is from MOMO. Be careful they make 2 for your Bronco. One is $49 and the other is $89. Call me on Monday and I will look into it for you.

Jimmy8

Yeah watch out for the popping air bag. It will scare the @%&# out of you if it goes off!!! Hold on to it after the new one is installed. Those things are worth about $1500.00 if they havent blown up yet last I heard. It may put some $$$$ in your pocket if the right person comes along.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Jerry whats the difference in adaptors.. It seems to me they would both do the same thing.. Why the price gap?? I am going to Saleen at lunch to check out theres..

Kritter just sent me a link to bakerprecision.com and they have the adaptors for $59 I will get mine in the morning. Thanks for everyones help.