Steve "Chappy" Hanson

kim

Rescue 3
RDC Crypto
Whether you are a racer, part of the pit crew, member of a race team or a spectator. If you race SCORE, BITD, Rock Crawlers or Sand Drags you have undoubtedly seen Steve "Chappy" Hanson strolling around. He is always sporting his pressed white RFC shirt, black shorts and driving shoes.

Steve is at almost every race with his big bright smile and God forbid an accident or injury occurs you can count on seeing Steve at the ambulance or your bedside at the hospital comforting both you and your family. When your world feels like its falling apart Steve is there to help you hold it together. Steve will sit with you, pray with you or just be there.

Most recently, Steve was in constant contact with Chuck Dempsey's family following his heart attack while in Reno. Steve called for prayer chains at 3:00 pm daily and he kept us all updated via text, facebook and phone calls. I truly believe that because of Steve's involvement and the power of prayer we have Chuck with us today.

But, Steve is at more than just the races. When the family member of a racer was battling cancer Steve spent days, weeks with the family traveling hours in one direction to just be there. To pray, to listen to comfort the family. That's what Steve does. He gives of himself and asks for nothing in return.

I however, am asking for something. I would like to honor Steve for his service to all of us. I am asking that everyone and anyone who has been touched by the hand of God through Steve please donate to RFC in Steve's name. RFC operates solely on donations and I for one wish to show my gratitude by donating what I can.

Please go to https://dlq4.donatelinq.net/qv10/Donation.aspx?MerchantID=teamrfc Click on "Categories and Funds" then "donate to a supported staff position" and then "SW Region Steve Hanson"

Please donate what you can so Steve can continue to bless us with his presence and help us to see Gods miracles in the making. You can rest assured that if you have a need and ask Steve for his help, he will be there.

If you have a story about Steve please post it here for all of us to see.

Thanks Steve. We, the off road community are truly blessed to have you on our team.

Kim C

Last edited:

TreyP

"F" you Bill
RDC Crypto
I will second that Steve is the most giving honest person you will ever meet. You don't have to believe to be blessed by him. He is a selfless human that cares for everyone. I consider myself fortunate to call him a friend.

dspeerstra

RDC Crypto
I know when Rino Navera broke his back at the Elsinore Lucas race Steve went and sat by his side. Rino has said more than once that his company and prayers made him feel comfort and peace. He's also always there at the beginning of any desert race for a quick prayer. I know I will go and donate what I can. Chappy, Thanks for always being there...

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
What can I say about Chappy that hasn't already been said. I have seen Chappy in action. CORR Pomona race a couple of years ago when Johnny Greaves crashed bad. That man was at the hospital with Mrs. Greaves until Johnny was released. The most selfless person I have ever met. I wish I was half the man he is. You are a great friend Steve and thank you for always being there for us.

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
I am super stoked someone started a thread like this. Chappy is the mans man and we always appreciate his friendship. He prays with us at the start of every race

I am guilty of not supporting Chappy enough in the funds department so I'm gonna fix that.

PAB'Tupid

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
RDC Crypto
Website
www.mikesracephoto.com
Some of the things that bond us together in the dirt racing world are the long hours and sacrifices we all endure for the love of the sport. Steve shares that bond and is always present to say a prayer for our safety. When we are challenged with adversity, Steve is there with his incredible strength of character that stems from his faith in God to pull us through. Thanks Steve for all you do.

Bajated

RDC Crypto
Website
www.LongBeachRacers.com
To give everyone an idea of how hard Steve works, he put about a hundred and fifty thousand miles on his 4Runner in 2 years just driving to races across the West. He is the hardest working person out there, and handy with a wrench as well as the bible. Steve will help anyone no matter what they need or what they believe.

Dig deep, Steve's ministry is only supported by donations from racers and his wife has twins on the way.

Godspeed Chappy, and thank you for your service!

DoitforBMoore

RDC Crypto
Im donating as well. When my daughter was sick in hospital he was messaging me and praying for her.. Thanks alot for the kind and comforting words..
Bryan

EMS702

Rescue 1
RDC Crypto
First met Steve doing sand drags for NSDA. Always stops by to make sure our crew is well blessed. Whenever something has gone wrong be it bad wreck or just an ill feeling person. I would turn around and there is Chappy. God must just tell him when things happen and divinely transport him to the scene. Chappy seems to be every where. I am also guilty of not supporting those that support us in the best way. Thank you Chappy and the rest of the RFC staff. May God bless you all.

randy s

RDC Crypto
i'm not religious at all and am not a christain man but i appreciate and respect chappy very much for his being there for the off road community. his presence before the baja races before we get to the start line is very soothing to the nerves. i admire his conviction and all the work he puts in to be there for racers who have fallen on hard times. it's all that plus the fact that he seems like a really squared away and nice guy and he's an extremely valuable asset to our sport. you rock chappy.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
i'm not religious at all and am not a christain man but i appreciate and respect chappy very much for his being there for the off road community. his presence before the baja races before we get to the start line is very soothing to the nerves. i admire his conviction and all the work he puts in to be there for racers who have fallen on hard times. it's all that plus the fact that he seems like a really squared away and nice guy and he's an extremely valuable asset to our sport. you rock chappy.

x2!! Thanks for putting it into words for me Randy!

Pacololo

RDC Crypto
Not religous, but it's always great to him at the start line. Good to know he's got my back if I'm wrong about this stuff...lol
Got some love coming your way Chappy. Thanks for being there.

deano

McDeano
RDC Crypto
i've got to know steve (chappy-the name i gave him that has stuck) pretty good and he has become a great friend at the races --my favorite part of driving a race vehicle is sitting in staging and he'll come over and reach for my hands and we'll pray together -- then i'll make him laugh and he'll say, "have-fun-dean-o" and then slaps my helmet -- and that's what he's all about !! a $$ donation is the least myself and everyone else could do for him --- xoxo chappy

Chaplain

God Dude
RDC Crypto
Website
teamrfc.gospelcom.net
Thank you guys so much for your kind words and your much needed support. I'm speechless. Being there for the men & women of offroad is an honor and is what God has put on my heart to do.

Racers For Christ has nearly 300 volunteer chaplains nationwide covering everything from drag racing (asphalt, sand & water), circle track, offroad (desert, short-course, & rockcrawling), car shows and pretty much everything motorsport related. Unlike the volunteers, I'm full-time with RFC. Like any missionary, I have to raise my own support to cover the costs of traveling to putting food on the table for my family (twins boys on the way).

If you desire to support RFC's ministry it doesn't take millions, a small monthly commitment goes a long long way. You can point your support towards a General Fund, a specific Ministry Area (such as Dirt) or a Staff Position (such as myself) at DONATE to RFC . RFC is a non-profit ministry and is credited by the ECFA (which means every penny is audited and scrutinized in addition to the IRS examining our books).
God bless you all.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Steve has helped me out at SCORE races for years, the morning panic that you racers witness would be a lot worse without him. He's also a reminder that this isn't just about horsepower and adrenaline, but about watching your friends take big chances and hoping you see them make it back to tell you their story. Not bad for a dude who doesn't own a pair of shoes.

mawtrophykart

RDC Crypto
The only 2 races we DNF'ed were Parker and Ridgecrest, Because we did'nt get our Chappy time! Everything else we won. I would say that if there was one crucial area to invest in that would definitley get you closer to the podium, it would be RFC Racing. It would be nice if Chappy would list his 501C3 that way all you big Corp. guys can chip in. BTW Jesus did'nt own shoes either.

Chaplain

God Dude
RDC Crypto
Website
teamrfc.gospelcom.net
The only 2 races we DNF'ed were Parker and Ridgecrest, Because we did'nt get our Chappy time! Everything else we won. I would say that if there was one crucial area to invest in that would definitley get you closer to the podium, it would be RFC Racing. It would be nice if Chappy would list his 501C3 that way all you big Corp. guys can chip in. BTW Jesus did'nt own shoes either.

btw: Tom (SCORE) & Gary (LOORRS) shoes are over rated. :)

EIN: 95-3912415 All financial schtuff can be found here

SEANY

RDC Crypto
I met you out at Laughlin one year, it was a pleasure and I thank you for all your hard work. Your words bring us back to reality when we need it most.