• Forum membership has its advantages....

Steve torrence the child

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Did any of you watch Steve Terrence behave like the spoiled brat he is last night in Pomona?

The NHRA should have deducted 50 points for that stunt on national TV

OFFRD-JNKIE

He's the Kyle Busch of the NHRA

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Utube "steve torrence pamona 2019" its everywhere unless NHRA bought everyone off telling them to remove it because atrendace at drag races are already low

michael.gonzalez

Missed it, what happened?
The other driver happened to be younger and deep staged the race.

Torrence claims this distracted him, causing him to lose the race.

After the race, Torrence walked up, called him a kid, and pushed his face back.

Nessy

The other driver happened to be younger and deep staged the race.

Torrence claims this distracted him, causing him to lose the race.

After the race, Torrence walked up, called him a kid, and pushed his face back.
Torrence actually still won

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I don't know what he's so pizzed about cause once your staged (steve) and the other guy is prestaged & not staged All Steve has to do is wait for his opponent to stage THEN the starter pushes the button starting the tree lights timer, IF the opponent desires to deepstage that's not Steve's problem because the tree has been activated & ready to go, the other guy can do whatever he wants including red light farting around, even if the guy beat him (he didn't) Steve's only job was to get the car down the track without hitting anything to win the championship which he did (dammit)

I personally think the NHRA should have yanked 50 points for the childish behavior at the end of the run for getting irritated "waiting" for him burning 4 seconds of precious weight (fuel) off the front of the car BFD! keep it between the lines, finish, get your trophy, sign autographs, kiss the baby's, & go home to Texas you whining boob.

Last edited:

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
After watching the replay of the starting line for the 10th time I've come to realize the starting official had to be in on it by delaying the button push starting the tree waiting for Ferre to deep stage (obviously in on it) causing Torrance to loose his mind waiting (not his protocol) causing the horrible reaction time from Torrance.

The plot thickens

OFFRD-JNKIE

Just get in the car and drive. Now every person that races him knows how much it messes with his head when you deep stage against him.... I'd do it every time...lol

ndvalium

Rescue Director
NHRA, like NASCAR is suffering greatly from big sponsors walking away that once supported full seasons of races. It used to be a big deal to qualify DOWN to 16 on Saturday for NHRA. I am convinced they have encouraged some of the controversial behaviors this year to garner attention to the sport. Now we have a new rivalry and cant wait for Pomona in February to see what happens next. Make no mistake, NHRA is a business and they need to find away to attract more viewers to drive dollars. There arent many Top Fuel / Funny Car rivalries currently. Alexis coming back next year will help viewership a little as well. Now we just need Ashley back in a car.

Steve is actually one of the humblest down to earth guys I have met in the sport. Even made him ride in the back of my rescue truck when pulling him out of the Mint 2 years ago in the rain cause my seats were full when they broke out on course.