Sticker Software

KyleMurray

Reaction
Just curious what PC software for making stickers is being used out there that is simple and reliable. We are currently using CoralDraw 12 and is a long grueling process.

idealer

Reaction
I use Illustrator anyone can work with EPS files...

TauMau

Reaction
thanks ill have to check it out

Hey Kyle - Illustrator works great and is best for large stickers/wraps. I've also used Photoshop in the past and just bumped the resolution/dpi up a ton to avoid pixelation after print, but have since come to prefer Illustrator.

These programs aren't particularly simple to use. They're professional grade software; expensive and require patience when starting out, but like Solidworks they're a skill worthy of investment. If you're really determined you could always pick up a class at the community college - I took an online course for Photoshop at Saddleback and it was beneficial.

Good luck, if I was still in the States I'd help you out. Unfortunatly I'm writing this from a farm in Costa Rica, using internet pumped in via satellite at the local school (shack with desks). Also good luck in the class 1 this weekend, rubber side down and watch out for boulders!

curtrnev

Reaction
Another vote for Illy , I had tried Corel just couldn't get my thick head wrapped around it. Downloaded the demo from Adobe and haven't looked back. If you do go with Illy get the disc , not just the download version.

KyleMurray

Reaction
Hey Kyle - Illustrator works great and is best for large stickers/wraps. I've also used Photoshop in the past and just bumped the resolution/dpi up a ton to avoid pixelation after print, but have since come to prefer Illustrator.

These programs aren't particularly simple to use. They're professional grade software; expensive and require patience when starting out, but like Solidworks they're a skill worthy of investment. If you're really determined you could always pick up a class at the community college - I took an online course for Photoshop at Saddleback and it was beneficial.

Good luck, if I was still in the States I'd help you out. Unfortunatly I'm writing this from a farm in Costa Rica, using internet pumped in via satellite at the local school (shack with desks). Also good luck in the class 1 this weekend, rubber side down and watch out for boulders!

Thanks Jake, I will look into Photoshop and the classes for it, and from all the good things i hear about Illustrator, I will definitely check it out. Hope the travels are going well! We did pretty well for a race that was so chopped up, a few too many flats gave us a lot of downtime and we ended up with a 4th overall and 3rd in class 1.

Another vote for Illy , I had tried Corel just couldn't get my thick head wrapped around it. Downloaded the demo from Adobe and haven't looked back. If you do go with Illy get the disc , not just the download version.

I have Corel right now, and I may be new to Sticker making software but even i know that there must be easier ways to make stickers, I will Check it out Illustrator and look into the disc. thanks for the input