• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stock full size RC replica

sb4pro

Ok guys I'm starting on my next RC project , gonna use this chassis
image.jpeg
And this body
image.jpeg

To hopefully make this
image.jpeg
If you any of you all out there have any good detail pics ( especially the bed area ) it would be appreciated . Again I'm trying to get as close to the real thing as possible so more details the better . For those who are interested the chassis is the rc4wd Trailfinder 2 rtr , and the body is from the Tamiya F-350 High Lift .

sb4pro

Yeah thanks I'm thinking that , or LaPaz racing or Fabtech
image.jpeg image.png
Only thing I can't find is good pics of the bed area with the cages and stuff

Sheaco

Do not quote Me: I think That truck was built By Spirit Racing or Foutz. I know Jeremy & Greg did Co-drive the truck together.

sb4pro

Thanks I'm thinking the LaPaz one will be the easiest paint scheme to do since it's already got the white on the RC body . I'll just have to do the red .

sb4pro

F-350 body should be here by the 14th . It's a slow project but it's coming along . Here's what I'm shooting for
image.jpeg

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Every time I see your thread title, I think of a full size vehicle, a replica of Foutz's truck but r/c. :)

sb4pro

Every time I see your thread title, I think of a full size vehicle, a replica of Foutz's truck but r/c. :)
Lol yeah I kinda thought about that when I posted the title . It's a slow build but I think it's gonna come out pretty cool . My biggest thing now is how I'm gonna do the bed bars .

sb4pro

Here's another update . Body is mostly together , just have to get the mounting kit for it .
Here's a pic with the body just kind of sitting on the chassis .
image.jpeg

sb4pro

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Did some more work on the truck , made the bed cage out of an old rear bumper , some spare parts and some shoe goo . The radiator is a radio box cover with a shock pillow ball and a screw for the radiator cap .

sb4pro

Next big purchase is the mounting kit for it . It's a Tamiya body on a RC4WD chassis so they had to make a special kit to make it fit . Here's what it looked like with the original body .
image.jpeg