Stock pics

43mod

Reaction
Jd. 👍🏻 Nine stock bought at .80 .I just happened to look at it yesterday and this morning. $3.20 to $3.50 then watched it go nuts. Went home and for the first time ever sold a stock before they went belly up. $5.15 or so sale price. Pretty sure my HSA account picked up just shy of $30,000. nine energy back down to $3.80 two hours later. I should just get out now. Thanks JD. i will buy back in tomorrow when it drops some more.

JDDurfey

Reaction
You are welcome. I heard about the price spike. I didn't sell any of mine, I am in it for the long haul. We are seeing business start to pick back up, so I expect to see it slowly rise over the next few months. Glad it worked out for you!

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Opened this thread wondering why people would want to see pictures of stock vehicles...

I've never gotten into the stock market before but now with a new baby at home it's something I've been thinking about to have for him when he turns 18. My company's lowest around $220 and currently at around $360. I'm not 100% positive on this but I think my employee stock purchase program allows me to buy stock at 15% discount from the lowest price in the last year. Hopefully that means I can buy some stock around $190 when the window opens and our bonus kicks in.

1591725045967.png

By the way my company is a biotech company and a few weeks ago received about 200 samples of COVID-19 to study...

43mod

Reaction
Is it a camela bump or covid recovery ? Big gains all over the place. Even my NINE energy is back to its former $30k profit level,thank you JD. so is it time to cash out and see what february brings ? I am spooked about crazy house prices during a time that regular people might be eating book bindings soon w another shut down looming. What are you guys thinking ?

Lee Vining

Reaction
Is it a camela bump or covid recovery ? Big gains all over the place. Even my NINE energy is back to its former $30k profit level,thank you JD. so is it time to cash out and see what february brings ? I am spooked about crazy house prices during a time that regular people might be eating book bindings soon w another shut down looming. What are you guys thinking ?
Good takes.
Vaccines will be distributed within the next 8 weeks and that'll change a lot of things.
First vaccine released is a two visit - two shot deal with side effects. That may make many apprehensive. Other vaccines aren't quite so severe so it'll get better as time rolls on and word gets out that's it's OK.

Biden may pull the rug out from under the US energy industry so thats the dark horse long term investment quess IMHO. If not Biden, High Heels Harris will probably finish his term out and is subject to anything. Heels roll on a those people that work hard and are enjoying the fruits of their toils deserve to get ripped off philosophy.
Hard to tell what to expect.

Around February - March the markets will be shaky with uncertainty.

Newsome in Cali is getting his sac clipped by the courts so if the Electric car mandate gets tossed energy will benefit.

Jus' my humble takes.

Last edited:

DirtyFun

Reaction
Some have touched on it here....EV (Electric Vehicles). Almost ANY of them fit the long term buy and forget sort of investment. Less speculative than individual stocks are ETF’’s. (Exchange Traded Funds). They are kind of like a mutual fund in that they invest in many different company stocks but to buy and sell ETF’s are much easier than buying/selling mutual funds. You can buy an ETF just like you buy and sell individual stock. But I’d suggest an ETF in the EV sector. It will be a little bit of a rollercoaster ride but I say stomach through the highs and lows while you let your initial investment ride. I believe there is nothing but UP in the EV sector for a few years to come. If you are looking for a more risky and speculative individual stock, I’d suggest TSLA, NIO, or NKLA. NKLA got off to a little rocky start gut GM (General Motors) is interested in investing in them. Good luck!