stock pump with cell?

singlehanded

Reaction
Before I bought my jazz cell at kartek my friend told me to use the stock fuel pump and that it will work. I am new at this fab stuff and have been learning as I go along, you tell me and I'll believe it. So I havent got the cell in yet but cage is all done just need money for lines and fittings. But at kartek the guy told me I couldnt use a stock pump, so I bought one there around $180 bucks. I never thought anything about it till last weekend I was at a party and saw my friend and he said that his buddy joe who lives up the street from me used the stock pump with his cell and hes got the same truck. Is there any reason why they told me to buy the bosch pump other than making an extra sale.
By the way joes ranger took first in the last mdr race my friend told me 1400 class.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

hoeker

Reaction
with an in-line pump, or engine mounted mechanical, the fuel cell should make no difference. your ranger is new enuf to have an in-tank pump. if that's the case you would have to see if it could be retrofitted into the new cell. most fuel cells have large enough fill plates that i would think a competant fabricator could do it, but it may not be possible.

The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Jkrell has his yota fuel pump fabbed into his fuel cell. The cell was custom built though. Ask him how it works.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I would run the bosch with a good fuel regulator no need to turn cheap and rig up some retrofit stock fuel pump, just do it right the first time....Mike plus if your gonna race the chances of someone having a bosch is greater than someone having a stock fuel pump! you can also get spares out of BMW's in junk yards and mount it next to the new just in case!, I run a junk yard special in my sandrail it has worked great for 2 years now.