• Forum membership has its advantages....

Stock Raptor @ Parker.

nimrod

KOOK!
Anyone know how the mostly stock Ford Raptor did at the Parker 425? I was out there and I missed the AM race and I can't find squat online.

johnnyweb

Anyone know how the mostly stock Ford Raptor did at the Parker 425? I was out there and I missed the AM race and I can't find squat online.
I know it went out on its second lap. We were pitted next to them. Greg said things were going good.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

punchdrunk monkey

did they run the new 10 speed transmission?

bajaboy7

I'm sure that was due to the format of the first race.
I heard them on the bitd channel requesting a tow through the wash because they were limping along and did not think they could make it thru the wash. Bitd informed them that if the got towed out the would be a dnf. Later the pulled into the pits. I believe they limped it in.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

nimrod

KOOK!
I emailed Foutz motorsports asking them how it went. So far no news but I bet they don't check that email address very often. They might not be able to say much as I'm sure Ford wants to be in control of all the press releases. Inquiring minds want to know.

punchdrunk monkey

come on Nimmy......your buying one no matter the outcome of this race. hahahaha

nimrod

KOOK!
The Porsche is being prepped to sell and I'm on the wait list at Team Ford. I'd like to know if there's a problem and what's being done about it though. I'm #140 at Team so I probably don't need to worry too much about first year trouble though!

punchdrunk monkey

The Porsche is being prepped to sell and I'm on the wait list at Team Ford. I'd like to know if there's a problem and what's being done about it though. I'm #140 at Team so I probably don't need to worry too much about first year trouble though!
Funny, I traded in my Porsche for the Raptor. And as usual, the Porsche broke down the week I was trading it in.

Chris_Wilson

I bought my used 13 Raptor from Mercedes of San Diego and the sales guy said someone traded it in on a Porsche they had on the lot. Been a great truck so far.

calstyl2

The drivetrain has some final tuning issues, still settling on engine tunes, trans calibration, lots of shock tuning. So I have heard.............but I might have some insight, Ford is pushing hard to have them ready by the end of the year.

nimrod

KOOK!
Well that's kind of important, I mean if the new transmission is up to it. The 10 speed is awesome but it seems like a lot of moving parts in a small space.

Desert Son

I Think if they are going to use the term "BAJA RACE TRUCK" they should probably head south of the boarder at least once.......The word BAJA was all over their semi trucks at Parker. I guess Nevada and or Arizona race truck doesn't have the same ring. But put me on the list, I still want one......
Research
ford f-150

See All Model Years

See Pricing
In the Raptor’s off-road ready street trim, the truck is available in two or four door bodystyles, and for the folks enthused about venturing into off-road racing there’s the new factory prepared race-ready Raptor available as a two door only.

The Raptor race truck will leverage Raptor’s production platform including its all-new high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine and 10-speed transmission, along with torque-on-demand transfer case.

Jamal Hameedi, chief engineer, at Ford Performance stated, “The all-new Raptor has the DNA of a Baja race truck, with a purpose-built engine, chassis and suspension that enables it to travel fast over challenging desert landscapes or crawl over rocky terrain.”
It’s a family tradition, Ford Performance is a premier automotive sponsor of off-road racing in the United States; company’s involvement in racing goes back 115 years to the efforts of founder Henry Ford. To get a good look at the new Ford Raptor race truck in action catch it running in the 2016 Best in the Desert off-road racing series’ new factory stock class. Dates and locations to catch F-150 Raptor racing events this year are as follows:

* Mint 400, Las Vegas, March 10-14
* Laughlin Desert Classic, Laughlin, Nevada, May 5
* Vegas to Reno, Nevada, Aug. 17-20
* Bluewater Challenge, Parker, Arizona, Sept. 10-Oct. 6
* Pahrump Nugget 250, Pahrump, Nevada, Dec. 1-4