Stolen Baja Bug

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Our baja bug was stolen Friday night April 5th 2003, at the MDR Mojave 250. It was taken between 10p.m. and 4:30 a.m. in the parking lot of GoodNight Inn. If anybody has any information about the theft, or sees parts for sale that seems suspicious, please contact me, Thank you. Reward for information leading to the return of vehicle.

Erik
760-758-2319 / toyotapride@hotmail.com

Protech975

Reaction
Attention!
Read my reply on the "Attn. racer fans in Barstow", post!
Thanks Rob S.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I pulled into the good nite inn at 12:30 am and that baja was still there it was backed into the parking spot in front of the building and nobody but me and 2 other guys were around at that time so narrow your time slot down to 12:30 am to 4:30 am it sucks but there are people that got to these races just to steal cars..... if some one needs to speak with me PM me dont leave a post!...Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
makes me wonder about what time they were doing this because if he saw your baja over on lenwood before 1230... and they stole it between 1230-430 am... wonder who's was hit first...mine or yours? I'm guessing they hit mine (somewhere between 2am and 6am) off of Yucca/Main and weren't successful so they went over to the baja off of Lenwood... sound about right?

<font color=orange>CU OFRD
Ah...so many pedestrains, so little time </font color=orange>

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Thnkpnk,
I doubt it was the same people there are so many tweekers out there, its hard to say? I think the next race Im gonna sleep in the parking lot in my truck with my paintball gun for a little suprize attack if my gun doesnt stop them my Bumper sure will !!!!!.....Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FUN IDEA!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Kbach66

Reaction
Just wanted to let everybody know that the bug was retrieved. After seeing what I thought was this Baja on a trailer in barstow this afternoon (minus motor, wheels/tires, etc.) I couldn't get home fast enough today to try and help a brother out. Turns out...it was the owner or friends picking up the bug and returning home. I was glad to hear that it got to the owner, and apparently they didn't even get a chance to completely strip it.

So....for what it's worth...this site KICKS ASS! I know i'd be damn happy to hear from someone if I was in the same situation. As for the reward money......which I already had spent in my head on some shocks, bumps, etc......I missed out since it was the owners and not the thieves with the car!

Protech975

Reaction
Eric
Can you fill us in as to how the Bug was recoverd and who if anyone was caught with it? As I mentioned before I live here in Barstow and try to keep a record of all the possible leads and people involved in this theft game that only seems to be getting worse latley!
It was only after following up on several leads myself and doing my own detective work,that I was able to recover our motorcycles and quads that were stolen in Jan. as well as those of a neighbor that had his stolen from the same group of tweakers only 3 weeks after they had been arrested for our case and then released from jail! After confronting one idiot about this theft he told me " Ya I took his I failed spelling and if you want it back you will have to pay me!" he wanted $ 50 for each item stolen! 3 motorcycles and 2 new quads. I told him sure meet me here in 2 hours! So when I came back I had the Police pull up behind me! "BUSTED" So we're not dealing with rocket scientists here! As long as we don't play victim anymore we can nail these freaks and stop this trash!
In the end the GOOD GUYS always win!

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
<"So we're not dealing with rocket scientists here">

OBVIOUSLY if they can't get a Toyota hot-wired when even a Toyota mechanic said that they "had" it.

All they ended up taking was a blown speaker in the rear of the truck, two pairs of sunglasses, a maglite and various Cds (mainly 'girly' ones)...nothing worth much... They didn't even TOUCH the cooler full of beer sitting in the bed of the truck!

I'm just mainly pissed because of the repairs/hassle I have to go through now for their actions.

BASTARDS!

Glad ya got the bug back Erik!

<font color=orange>CU OFRD
Ah...so many pedestrains, so little time </font color=orange>

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
The baja was friends of my cousens they came out to watch us race.It was there first desert race.They had just got it.Hope they can get all the parts to put it back togather.I fill bad becouse they came to help us .Thanks to all of you for helping find it.Thanks Dennis ,11 Brothers

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Got it back!!!!

Well we got our car back. It was stripped of alot but at least we got it back. They took the rims and tires, engine, seats, windows, front fiberglass, rear shocks, off-road lights. I have a list with the descriptions of all the parts if anyone is interested. I attached a picture of our car now.

nothing feels better than to pass somebody through the whoops, well... almost nothing :)

Attachments

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Re: Got it back!!!!

Ya, they arrested two guys, but they didn't tell them where the parts are.

nothing feels better than to pass somebody through the whoops, well... almost nothing :)

Attachments